Roast Coffee Beans

Noted Mark.

I was wondering about it myself. I have enjoyed putting a variety out there, as the different regions can bring up some nice flavours.

Already planning new ones for the New Year!

For me it is more about the consumption rate - I would rather have the second bag sealed because I cannot go through them quickly enough!

I have recently started having "Vietnamese style" iced coffee with double espresso over ice with a spoon of condensed milk - great for hot weather ;)

Sounds good! Sounds like a Vietnamese Affogato.

I have been cold brewing lately too. Timely with this stinking heat. Takes the bitterness out of the grinds, but not the taste. Add milk for an excellent iced coffee.

With regards to the bags, 400g looks to be the way. No bother to me, I vac-seal them as they are ordered. Prior to that, they are in bags with one-way valves so I can ensure their freshness.

I'm after 800g to 1kg bags. As @Mark1966 said it's about the consumption rate and we're going through it at a crazy rate. The 400g bags are excellent for sampling. Put me down for a kilo of Honduras (or three 400g bags).

I will have 2 x 400g bags of the Honduras too please :coffee:

OK, coffee time!

Already roasted on Wednesday, I have available the following in 400g lots:

2x Ethiopia Harrar Organic
2x PNG Organic
6x Honduras Organic

Prices are as per Post #1.

Coffee time! This will be the last for a while. This coming week I'm off for some R+R before the school holidays start here. Then the week after, I jet off to China for work for a couple of months. Yay, Chinese food! Pity their coffee is shit. I'm taking my own.

I finally managed to get 2 roasters running in concert (on 2 separate circuits, to be safe), and they ran perfectly. So now, I can get 8 kilos roasted in under 4 hours, for $200 outlay. Noice.

Anyway, we have (400g bags, all organic):

Honduras - 6 packs - Even and dark, right to the edge of second crack, just before the rolling crack.
East Timor - 3 packs - Similar to Honduras, but these beans look smooth, too. A nice chocolatey, buttery colour.
Brazil - 3 packs - Medium dark roast. The Brazilian ones don't really like going too heavily roasted. They actually look similar to the others, but have about 10 degrees less in them (roughly 8 minutes less roasting time).

I had more packs, but my sister-in-law worked out I was roasting and swooped in. Don't see her for months, then woosh....

These were roasted today, and I have already vac sealed them. It is unlikely that these ones will hold the vacuum because they will breathe out over the next couple of days. The bags I have atm have one-way valves in them, so you can manually force the CO2 out. Anyway, no air is getting in, so they will rest happily in these bags until you are ready to use them.

Also, new bank account details, which I will PM. @Pbgoose, you already have them.

Really tempted, alas I do not have a burr grinder lying around to get a consistent grind.
Going to sell a few razors soon so that might be my investment into this.

Yea, that Honduras is becoming legendary.

Too bad I don’t have any of the gear otherwise I would take you up on it.