Roast Coffee Beans

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the immense radio silence. I have been in deepest, darkest China for a while. The internet works great there, except when it doesn't... They even blackout parts of the city when it is too hot, rather than build additional power infrastructure.

Anyway, I'm back now, and I have just placed an order for some fresh beans. I should see them on Monday, and should be able to start roasting right away.

I have Honduras, Ethiopia and PNG coming in.

@Pbgoose ... apologies, I will get your 2kg that I owe you out to you first of all!

Hi Rami,

Work only, unfortunately...

I didn't miss it, but thanks for the consideration. I have just contacted @alfredus , to see if it is not too late to donate 1kg of Honduras to the pool.
I bet that would be popular considering how quick they go.

Must be fun having a job that takes you to exotic places.

Hope you had time for a little fun

Unfortunately, I missed the cut for donations on this occasion. Thank you for the prompt reply, @alfredus.

It can be fun, but I don't sleep in motion, so plane trips really do draw out for me. It is definitely an adventure though. I do enjoy watching the Chinese fighter jets buzzing the hotels.

But there is nothing exotic about towns the size of Perth, that have raw sewerage running under their footpaths... I'd rather go to somewhere closer, like Noumea or Vanuatu! Still, the people there are genuinely nice, and the food was really good. I still can't bring myself to eat dog, though.

OK, so I have bagged and tagged everything.

Numbers are as follows:

Honduras - 9 bags
Ethiopia Limu - 3 bags
PNG - 3 bags

All are organic, none are fairtrade. I have been doing a uni assignment on the benefits or otherwise of fairtrade, and the results were less than poor. The corporatisation of the brand, and the way big corporates like Unilever, Nestle and Starbucks effectively own the brand, making it basically meaningless. That, and as little as 1% of moneys brought in specifically by FT makes it back to the coalface, and basically none goes to the producers as cash, only community projects that anyone (rightly) can access.

@Pbgoose - your 2kg are not counted above either. They are bagged separately.

Updated quantities:

Honduras - 7
Ethiopia Limu - 4
PNG - 3

China - 1
Brazil - 1
Java - 1

The China one roasted particularly well. None of the last 3 are organic, and I will let them go for $12 each, plus the shipping in post #1. They will probably have up to about 420-430g in each as well, depending on the bean.

Updated numbers after the weekend:

Organic
Honduras - 5
Ethiopia Limu - 4
PNG - 3

Regular
China - 1
Brazil - 1
Java - 1
El Salvador - 1