Rockwell 6C bulky head issue

bernie01

I have a Rockwell 6C (Gunmetal) and am using it with Feather blades on setting 5 or 6. I have a bit of trouble shaving under my nose, also the corners of my mouth. Thinking it is because the 6C has quite a bulky head, and I am wondering if I would fare any better with a Game Changer .84? Some reviews (comparisons) seem to suggest I would. What do those who use both think?

It's a technique you probably need to learn to get the annoying spots you mention. But for me, the Rockwell head is considerably more bulky than a Karve head. I haven't tried a GC, but you'll get some input here shortly...

I have a Rockwell 6C (Gunmetal) and am using it with Feather blades on setting 5 or 6. I have a bit of trouble shaving under my nose, also the corners of my mouth. Thinking it is because the 6C has quite a bulky head, and I am wondering if I would fare any better with a Game Changer .84? Some reviews (comparisons) seem to suggest I would. What do those who use both think?

I have both the rockwell 6C and the gamechanger JAWS (similar thin head to the 0.84)

Yes you will fare better with the GC, and this is due to the head being so thin and nimble that it can get anywhere with ease. But you can still get the job done with the 6C, a xtg stroke with the corner concentrating on the upper lip/nose area then a ATG same spot

I have both the rockwell 6C and the gamechanger JAWS (similar thin head to the 0.84)

Yes you will fare better with the GC, and this is due to the head being so thin and nimble that it can get anywhere with ease. But you can still get the job done with the 6C, a xtg stroke with the corner concentrating on the upper lip/nose area then a ATG same spot
Hi @Statman, is there much difference in efficiency between the plate 6 and the Jaws

Hi @Statman, is there much difference in efficiency between the plate 6 and the Jaws

yes absolutely.. the JAWS is >> efficient than plate 6 on 6C.. i also think that the jaws is just as smooth, if not smoother than the 6C

JAWS is nearly on par with the R41 in efficiency but much much smoother, as i said on par with rockwell 6C plate 6 smoothness

Many thanks @StratMan.Would the Jaws be a daily driver?

that depends on the user and technique, i personally can use it as a daily (all my shavers are efficient r41, jaws, timeless 0.95)

to better answer your question it would be handy to know what you currently use for a daily driver? is it just the 6C and on plate 6?

I used to use the 6s on 5/6
I currently use the Game Changer safety bar .84 and/or a 34c.
I love both but would like a touch more efficient.
Having said that I got a great shave this a.m. with the .84

Hi @bernie01 I had similar issues with the Rockwell 6. For me it was too rigid and not getting into the deep crevices between jawbone and ear or upper lip.
I find the GC-84P to be a perfect daily razor. It's as nimble as Gillette New or Tech and more efficient. JAWS is more efficient again if you are chasing BBS but also more aggressive and not a daily shaver.
I am waiting Karve with E plate and a few other RR razors to compare with GC because I want variety in rotation
Check out @Errol 's review of of GC-84

Thanks to all for the responses. I should have mentioned that I am retired and NOT a daily shaver. I shave every 2-3 days unless social occasions dictate more frequent. I am certainly sorely tempted by a GC, either the 84P or OC/JAWS. I certainly don't have a heavy beard but after a few days it can be a challenge.

Hi @bernie01 the other consideration is how sensitive are you?
If I was shaving every 3 days or so I probably would go for JAWS or if too aggressive then 39C with Feather
GC-84P can cope with 3 days growth but doesn't have the weight of 39C or aggressiveness of JAWS

Going back to original OP GC-84P is the more agile, thinner head, and high on the efficiency scale without being aggressive.

Thanks to all for the responses. I should have mentioned that I am retired and NOT a daily shaver. I shave every 2-3 days unless social occasions dictate more frequent. I am certainly sorely tempted by a GC, either the 84P or OC/JAWS. I certainly don't have a heavy beard but after a few days it can be a challenge.

Go the jaws then, shaving every 2-3 days is perfect for it, will eat up the growth and do it smoothly, super efficient

Hi @bernie01 the other consideration is how sensitive are you?
Well, with limited experience of wet shaving I'd say not too sensitive. My first few shaves with the 6C I had a little irritation but as time went on and I progressed to the more aggressive 5/6 plates (and probably improved my technique) I've had no issues.

What about a single edge razor? The v2 general looks like it should get into all the difficult spots after the redesign.the v1 is phenomenal being just so smooth and efficient even 3 days growth doesn't slow it down.

What about a single edge razor? The v2 general looks like it should get into all the difficult spots after the redesign.the v1 is phenomenal being just so smooth and efficient even 3 days growth doesn't slow it down.

At USD$185 + USD$25 postage it's out of my league.

p.jpeg

Finally decided on the GC 84P and back ordered it a few weeks ago, along with the Cella. Arrived Brisbane yesterday; VSHOD put it straight in the post and arrived at Wollongong today!
First shave impression is that it's like I'd imagine the Rockwell 6S on '7'... used a Feather blade as that's what I've been using. Will try some of the supplied Polsilver and Nacet blades soon. Bonus 'Lord of the Rings' ring and chain, as well as the blades, great service. :p

The 6S was my go to and I never really thought about how bulky the head was until I got my GC 84P from VSHOD a few weeks ago...

I love my 6S, but not sure it'll get much use, especially not in the near term.

Congratulations on ya razor @bernie01

Sounds like your enjoying it, what handle did u get?

my fav blade in this razor is the polsilver, and u always know if you want an OC head for the GC it’s available

Now u got me thinking I need a 84p head for myself, and that’s called counter- enabled lol