Rockwell Gunmetal 6c on Mass drop ($39.99USD)

page-4_20171120122409.jpg

I've got both version Rockwell 6S and the 6C in Chrome
Oooh. Obviously the 6c is cheaper... But which do you prefer?

I've never tried the 6s. But am intrigued.
The 6c *seems* prettier (in photos). But, in the end, it comes down to the shave. Unfortunately I don't know anyone in Canberra who has a 6s that I might test-drive it.

That said, if anyone in Canberra wants a 6c to try, I'd be happy to share.

I'm very interested in your opinions on this as well.

I currently have a Merkur 34c and was close to pulling the trigger on the 6s as my second razor until I saw this post.

I have the cash to buy the 6s and prefer the look of it but the shave is more important to me than the look.

At the moment with my 34C I am able to shave every 2nd day but anything more than that my neck is too sensitive for.

What do you fellas think?

I'm very interested in your opinions on this as well.

I currently have a Merkur 34c and was close to pulling the trigger on the 6s as my second razor until I saw this post.

I have the cash to buy the 6s and prefer the look of it but the shave is more important to me than the look.

At the moment with my 34C I am able to shave every 2nd day but anything more than that my neck is too sensitive for.

What do you fellas think?
Disclosure, I've only used the 6S. I've read the 6C has better "glide" over the skin due to the chrome, rather than brushed SS, however with a good soap and lather, I've never had issues (likewise, my neck is very sensitive and prone to irritation). Durability would certainly go to the 6S, however I don't see the 6C breaking in a hurry. You'd get years of use, and if you decided to 'upgrade' to the 6S at some stage in the future, I'm sure you wouldn't feel like you've wasted your money.

Disclosure, I've only used the 6S. I've read the 6C has better "glide" over the skin due to the chrome, rather than brushed SS, however with a good soap and lather, I've never had issues (likewise, my neck is very sensitive and prone to irritation). Durability would certainly go to the 6S, however I don't see the 6C breaking in a hurry. You'd get years of use, and if you decided to 'upgrade' to the 6S at some stage in the future, I'm sure you wouldn't feel like you've wasted your money.
Yes. What @Korbz said. In every way.

I'm from the other end of the divide. I started with a 34c and upgraded to a 6c (that I still use as my default).
If I didn't have the 6c I probably would be buying a 6s... Just because I like the *idea* of steel.
But, the difference would just be 1 decade vs many decades.

The 6c is shinier. The 6s is tougher with an industrial look but is extra $$.

Bottom line is you WILL be happy with either razor. (y)

The question is how much you want to spend and which one is prettier in your eyes?