Rockwell Razors - Terrible!

Phunk

Surely I can't be the only one that thought "you know what, I'll give these blades it comes with a try"...

Rockwell razors are probably re-branded existing blades, but they sure do suck.

They're rough.

They're blunt

They caused irritation.

They got binned.

Someone buying a 6C as their first decent razor and teaming it up with those blades.. it's a sure way to turn someone off.

They work pretty well with a Jack the Barber (JTB) head - the one you can buy at Woolies for $20. Of course ymmv. But they're pretty terrible in the actual razor they're intended for.

Rockwell,I assume,must stick with them until their contract expires.
Surely the feedback cannot be ignored

So definitely sounds like I'm not the only one then!

I tried it out in my Rocca.. was a world of regret that was.

Yup, they are horrendously dull blades!
They tug and pull horribly!

Their razors OTOH are magnificent!

I don't know why they include blades at all. They're only likely to put as many people off as they attract, even if they were generally considered to be decent blades. As it is, I haven't heard of anyone who has a positive thing to say about them...

I don't know why they include blades at all. They're only likely to put as many people off as they attract, even if they were generally considered to be decent blades. As it is, I haven't heard of anyone who has a positive thing to say about them...

lol I must be the only one out there... I tried one out in the 6s on plate and found it was fairly decent....
That was a one off at least a couple of years ago. Not sure if I’m game to try again

I find the Rockwell blades similar to an Astra so very middle of the road for sharpness and smoothness.
I have nearly 200 in collection and tend to match them with milder razors when seeking a DFS.

I find the Rockwell blades similar to an Astra so very middle of the road for sharpness and smoothness.
I have nearly 200 in the collection and tend to match them with milder razors when seeking a DFS.
Rockwell blades are nowhere near as the Astra Green, it's very similar to Ladas Super Stainless or Rapira Swedish Super Steel

Last edited:
Rockwell blades are nowhere near as the Astra Green, it's very similar to Ladas Super Stainless or Rapira Swedish Super Steel
I can say with confidence that I actually get along with Rockwell blades.
Not in my top 5 but usable unlike the Ladas & Rapira's but YMMV! :p

I can say with confidence that I actually get along with Rockwell blades.
Not in my top 5 but usable unlike the Ladas & Rapira's but YMMV! :p

Send all your Rockwell blades to @Razor Burn !!!!!

Send all your Rockwell blades to @Razor Burn !!!!!

I EMPHASIZE! - NOT IN MY TOP 5 SO PLEASE NO MORE ROCKWELL BLADES AS I ALREADY HAVE MORE THAN MY FAIR SHARE!!!!
giphy.gif

I noticed that Beard & Blade threw in a few Astra SP blades with my 6S, along with the standard issue Rockwell blades. This suggests they’re well aware the Rockwell blades won’t sure up any new converts to wet shaving...

Yes, and pm your address, I too have a 100 of the those Rockwell blades to donate to your wet shaving cause.
+1 What he said above, because, we aren't going to break your sabbatical and you'll get FREE!! Rockwell blades from @SpeedyPC and @rhodes96