Ruds Shavescores

EJ_DE98

Psst, want to come to my place and see my soaps?
I have been following Ruds Shaves on YouTube and other social media platforms for a number a years and rate his opinion highly, as do many others. If you are unfamiliar with his work I recommend you check him out.
As part of his review he provides a shavescore, nominating a score out of 100.
Here is a sample of his top scores that I have taken from his reviews.

B&M Excelsior 98, B&M Glissant 97, B&M Reserve 97, Declaration Grooming Icarus 96, Ariana & Evans 95, Catie’s Bubbles 95, Wholly Kaw Donkey Milk 95, Declaration Grooming 95, APR F2 94, Noble Otter 92, Oleo Soapworks 91, Sudsy Soapery 91, Tallow + Steel 90, Mammoth Soaps 89, Stirling Soap Co. 88

I prefer Barrister and Mann white label over all the other B&M bases and Declaration Bison over Icarus so there we are :)

I prefer Barrister and Mann white label over all the other B&M bases and Declaration Bison over Icarus so there we are :)
Everyone has different tastes and different preferences. I dislike a number of soaps that are typically regarded as being among the very best and highly regard some others that are considered mid to top tier.

Everyone has different tastes and different preferences. I dislike a number of soaps that are typically regarded as being among the very best and highly regard some others that are considered mid to top tier.

My tastes are correct though, while yours are at best erroneous.

:ROFLMAO:

@todras thought white label was glissant base? :beaver:
Please educate me if I'm mistaken.

Edit: not to worry. Found it myself.
Below taken from. B&M site.
What is the difference between the Classic and Reserve soaps?
Our Classic soaps (formerly known as "White Label" until we switched them over to our new Glissant base) feature some of our most popular fragrances and absolutely stellar shaving performance.

Yeah @todras kinda of agree too. Started out on white label (classic) and know it well to lather it the way I like it. Glissant requires the same love but more water and still getting to know it.

Last edited:
Ruds and I are pretty close on what we think the "top" soap bases are currently in the "wetshaving world", but again, everyone likes different things.
If you stop bloody crying like a sooky baby, I’ll believe you 100% about the top soap as Ruds said everything on YouTube

If you stop bloody crying like a sooky baby, I’ll believe you 100% about the top soap as Ruds said everything on YouTube
giphy.gif

@todras thought white label was glissant base? :beaver:
Please educate me if I'm mistaken.

You are mistaken.

Wouldn't it be fair to say that shaving soaps are as subjective as razor blades....🤓🤓🤓

No, I am also always correct on those too (like soaps) while everyone else is wrong :D

B&M Excelsior 98, B&M Glissant 97, B&M Reserve 97, Declaration Grooming Icarus 96, Ariana & Evans 95, Catie’s Bubbles 95, Wholly Kaw Donkey Milk 95, Declaration Grooming 95, APR F2 94, Noble Otter 92, Oleo Soapworks 91, Sudsy Soapery 91, Tallow + Steel 90, Mammoth Soaps 89, Stirling Soap Co. 88

I like the scents of Caties Bubbles, but for performance I would rate them 88 and nowhere near Wholly Kaw or Stirling.