Ruined my Puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat!

T/H
@Holiday if you enjoy the Col Conk Bay Rum and it doesn’t bother you and your skin, than Jack Sparrow is asking you to shut up... drink up and shave the Col Conk Bay Rum.

giphy.gif

T/H

Been told have I

Thanks goodness I’ve got 8 pucks of MWF in my den in case I don’t panic during the pandemic crisis.
Mine are still in the post..:(

As for conk, they are just a standard melt and pour soap, nothing special but not the worst think out there.

Who is binky?
Binky is an exercise in the best of British brackets.
Some say that the completion of Binky will earmark the end of days.

Haha the quality of this thread is what keeps me coming back.

Interesting, that is why I asked "what is bad about it" because I may be ignorant to something others are aware of. ie: obliviously walking around smelling like a skunk without knowing :yuck:
In earlier days before joining P&C went through a phase of buying cheap convenience store soaps and aftershaves to compare with artisan and have since PIF'd all others except ColConk because I didnt have a Bay Rum soap to match A/S and admittedly did not mind smell or performance. Definitely would not buy again but kept the two pucks.

Ingredients are:
Triethanolamine, Glycerin, SLES, Water, Propylene Glycol, Soap Flakes, Stearic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Titanium Dioxide, Polysorbate-2, Fragrance

The main concern there is the Tetrasodium EDTA.
TOBS uses it too, which is why I stopped using TOBS soaps.
Read about it here (and check the side effects too).

https://thedermreview.com/tetrasodium-edta/

Thanks for the heads up @Blackie and @tullfan.
May even be the cause of some eye irritation toward the end of last week
Will have to replace cheap as chips col. conk with some artisan bay rum soap - have a medical excuse this week

Thanks for the heads up @Blackie and @tullfan.
May even be the cause of some eye irritation toward the end of last week
Will have to replace cheap as chips col. conk with some artisan bay rum soap - have a medical excuse this week

And that is one of the conumdrums for a lot of artisan shave soap producers. There's a wide choice of beautiful fats and oils available to choose from that have brilliant benefits for the skin but often they are expensive so it's hard to keep products within a reasonable price range in order to compete. An example is Tamanu oil (which I'm grateful @nav1 put me on to) which has some great properties but costs around $90/litre.

I've mentioned this before, but the potential benefits of using good quality natural products was best illustrated to me when I first gave my Father In Law (in his 80's) some shave soap and he noticed an improvement in his skin within two weeks. I had not prompted him to look out for that, I just gave him the soap saying 'here, try this'. I think it's worth exercising discernment when choosing products to put on our skin.

Binky is an exercise in the best of British brackets.
Some say that the completion of Binky will earmark the end of days.
Thanks for that. That's an interesting project I'd like to see the results of........
When I was in Primary school a friend had a dog called Binky........man that thing could clear a room.