SYD Saturday 13 June: Sydney Gathering

filobiblic

Facepeeler Extraordinare
State Convenor - NSW
Group Buy Caporegime
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2015 Sabbatical Fail
It's about time for a gathering of the wet shavers in Sydney!

Saturday 13 June
From 3pm
PappaRich Westfield Parramatta
(159-175 Church Street, Parramatta)
> Next to Bus station and train station at Parramatta

We need a wet shaving store/location in Sydney to meet at! So in the absence of such a place, I'm suggesting Parramatta which is easy to access via public transport and car. Most of the cafes are too small in Parra so I'm suggesting PappaRich for some late arvo roti or drinks.

> Come and meet each other
> Share, trade and loan shaving products

Call me Flyn, as it is with absolute certainty, that I'm unequivocally guaranteed to maybe attend :)

Will be there, unless I crush my bike under the sheer weight of Malaysian gluttony in the last 3 weeks.

Even then, with injuries, highly likely.

Sounds like there will be a good half-dozen of us at least able to make an appearance. [emoji106]

Hope Monsta has gotten over his inevitable bout of Penang Poops by the time he goes back to a Malaysian restaurant

Its more of a Bintulu Belly but thanks for the imagery.

Am hoping to make this, I should know mid next week. I can always eat a roti at any time of the day :)

Oh, how much do I love a good roti canai?

I had to force my (then prospective) wife to take me to a shop that sells them on about our 4th trip back to Malaysia, as all she wants is mum's home cooked Chinese food.
Now she knows that she likes them I am able to eat more frequently.

I think she had a bad experience at a mamak stall when she was much younger, and hadn't been back for decades.

Not too late to arrange transport.

I am a certain starter (baring a major crisis) in the mean time :sneaky:

Yeah, I will need to work out what I am bringing along.

I suppose the Simpson's Lavender & Vetiver to compare to the famous #1 is the first item of business.

After that, I am not sure.

Hi to those going today. If anyone wants a unused Gingers Garden Aventus (based on creed -described as citrus based scent with currants, apples, bergamot, pineapple, jasmine and birch tallow shaving soap), It smeels like citrus to me. I will be happy to swap with something else (I accidentally ordered two of the same :) )

Last edited:
Haha! PappaRich is PACKED (& with queue to boot!). I'm waiting out the front but we may need to head to Max Brenner.

Thanks everyone for coming today, I do appreciate it.

Attendees were @SydBJW, @filobiblic, @MrT, @Mark (+1) and myself.

We had a special guest attending and there are some big things brewing in Sydney. Not going to let anything out of the bag but I am looking forward to the next few months.

I handed out some blades and hopefully we can get some reviews up in the next week or so.

Only person not turning up was @borked but I am assuming some Orange Overalls were involved somewhere.