SE Propaganda of Yesteryear

khun_diddy

diddy_arko!
State Rep - SA
Ever since @bald as and @boldsworth convinced me to dabble with SE razors I've become, you might say, pro-SE. I believe that it's a superior shaving technology to DE. It occurred to me that it would be interesting to see how they were marketed. I've found some nice ads. They claim benefits such as no 5 o'clock shadow, only one pass required, easy to find the correct angle, etc.

Evidently, the ladies of the 30s and 40s didn't care for stubble.

l-u91p2lo3pzpi1q.jpg

l-mprl57kyblqgeu.jpg

l-tza0zgr5d2k94f.jpg

msl2pwhty20wk8.jpg

c77mmtt1emjqvi.jpg

l-nwnd0mrkyg9dwc.jpg

gem-christmas.jpeg

Men were made of sterner stuff in those days....I mean I don't even really get half of their jokes. Well maybe I get the first and last one...but the conductor one:
"You're really making time, conductor, since you avoid 5 o'clock shadow"...WTF?

Last edited:
Men were made of sterner stuff in those days....I mean I don't even really get their jokes. Well maybe I get the first and last one...but the conductor one:
"You're really making time, conductor, since you avoid 5 o'clock shadow"...WTF?
You had to be there...

Very scientific!

True - probably why it sails over my head. I'm an Arts graduate remember...

..I mean, really, look at this guy's eyes.
gem-christmas.jpeg

he is just trying to see if she is standing in the pool of his drool on the floor...

but cannot see that far ;)

he is just trying to see if she is standing in the pool of his drool on the floor...

but cannot see that far ;)
ha ha yeah, "drool"!
Got to say we can't get away with what our starchy grandfathers, or @gthomas04 , did back in their day.
You watch their movies and they seem so uptight or naive. Yeah right!

Ok, how many fortune 500 members sport facial hair ?
There's a perception associated with clean shaven.

Having an issue loading the pic but the pamphlet that came with my Ever-Read 'Natural Angle' razor (which I stumbled across not 30 minutes ago) claims to be "the finest shaving instrument in the world"

Having an issue loading the pic but the pamphlet that came with my Ever-Read 'Natural Angle' razor (which I stumbled across not 30 minutes ago) claims to be "the finest shaving instrument in the world"
You can't upload a photo directly, but have to use a 3rd party website (Photobucket, Imgur, Flickr) and link to it there.

That's a big claim. [emoji6]