SE razors on sell

Pjotr

Cultured Philistine
2016 Sabbatical
Call me a donkey but for some reason I couldn't find the post a thread option in the Buy/Sell section so I'll post it here.

I've just put the feelers out for a particular model of SE razor (Micromatic) on B&B and was inundated with offers for all kinds of SE razors. One of which is a batch of 5 which includes a number of milder ones such as the Featherweight, G-bar and 1912 models. They're all user grade but the Featherweight and G-bar look almost brand new. The Micromatics are considered a bit brutal if you haven't used SEs before but any of the other ones are fantastic razors. I really don't need any more razors but I thought if any of you guys between you want any or all of them we could work something out. I've actually found a nice cased one from somebody else but I said I'd see if I could offload a few here in Australia. If you've never used SE before I'll throw in a few blades to get you started (6 shaves/blade). He wants $40 plus shipping for the lot so that's $8/razor plus shipping to me and then shipping to you. It won't cost you more than $12-15/razor (max) I'd say. If I get two or three takers I'll go ahead and split it all off.

Let me know.

Micromatic clog prufs rock. If you can get one (should be easy to find for us$3) try one, and forget the rest.
My introduction was a blood bath (after using a 1901 and 1912 for months), but eventually, it gave the best shave I'd ever had. I still get cut to hell by a open comb though, even when profficient with a clog pruf.

That sounds way too logical and complicated. You could have just taken the opportunity and called me a donkey.

Hardly enough to form our own little sub-forum but I'm glad there's at least one more SE shaver here. I've heard the stories about open combs but I'm just going to try it out and see.

Hardly enough to form our own little sub-forum but I'm glad there's at least one more SE shaver here. I've heard the stories about open combs but I'm just going to try it out and see.

As we grow more people will populate the sub-forums, it's best to have as many sub forums as possible IMO.

+1 for donkey. Never miss an opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator: