September 2016 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
3cc3380c55b95878cb291170908b62f5.jpg

It arrived! Picking up the rest of the kit tomirrow :D

Still have to post my 1000 Polsilver SI. :)

I was going to ask you about that, I have not seen a SOTD picture from you in quite some time, I really liked the pictures, kit and soaps that you used to post :)

What's it like scent after effect on the skin & does the scent linger for a while
I'm not at all experienced with aftershaves, so I don't have any real point of reference to be honest.
The scent is in the same family as the red soap/cream, but with a more cologne type of smell than a soap one. I found that the scent doesn't hang around that long.
I didn't love the feeling on my face, it seemed to leave me looking a bit shiny. Since I really like the smell but not the finish on my face, I think I'll just splash it on my throat area and enjoy the scent.
Maybe I'm not an aftershave guy??

Try a few. There is a whole range of different types of aftershaves. Besides milks and balms. The splashes vary from high alcohol content to no-alcohol (sometimes called "toners"). I've found that a splash like Proraso feels very different on my skin to an artisan-made splash such as Phoenix AA cologne splash, or Barrister & Mann's range.

I'm not at all experienced with aftershaves, so I don't have any real point of reference to be honest.
The scent is in the same family as the red soap/cream, but with a more cologne type of smell than a soap one. I found that the scent doesn't hang around that long.
I didn't love the feeling on my face, it seemed to leave me looking a bit shiny. Since I really like the smell but not the finish on my face, I think I'll just splash it on my throat area and enjoy the scent.
Awesome review Benjamin appreciate the comment heaps i can relate the same familiarity as the Soap which i have used in the past. This kinda of review helps guide a good few of us in what to consider when buying. Like I said somewhere recently a few are jumping on Floid Blue but i have it and now just acquired American Fine i think it's better scent and lasts longer.
Thanks heaps man for the review though (y)

Try a few. There is a whole range of different types of aftershaves. Besides milks and balms. The splashes vary from high alcohol content to no-alcohol (sometimes called "toners"). I've found that a splash like Proraso feels very different on my skin to an artisan-made splash such as Phoenix AA cologne splash, or Barrister & Mann's range.
Thanks for the info @filobiblic, that's good to hear! I'm going to put in an order for some B&M soaps and I was interested to buy a matching splash of my most preferred one, but the Proraso had put me off that plan a bit....
Plan reinstated!

Awesome review Benjamin appreciate the comment heaps i can relate the same familiarity as the Soap which i have used in the past. This kinda of review helps guide a good few of us in what to consider when buying. Like I said somewhere recently a few are jumping on Floid Blue but i have it and now just acquired American Fine i think it's better scent and lasts longer.
Thanks heaps man for the review though (y)
A pleasure @FatBoy58 , I love the reviews and knowledge everyone shares on this forum!

Thanks for the info @filobiblic, that's good to hear! I'm going to put in an order for some B&M soaps and I was interested to buy a matching splash of my most preferred one, but the Proraso had put me off that plan a bit....
Plan reinstated!

B&M splashes are one of my favourites. They make my skin feel SO good and the scent is superb. Can't wait for the Barristers Reserves...

B&M splashes are one of my favourites. They make my skin feel SO good and the scent is superb. Can't wait for the Barristers Reserves...

Oh man I hear you, the skin feel from Barristers splashes is excellent.

I will have my Barristers reserve on tuesday and will post a review during the week, a buddy in the states has been using it since a few days after release as have a fair few others and the general feeling is that they are fairly dilute, that is to say in comparison to the rest of the B+M splashes the Reserve line scents do not last very long at all post application which is a bit of a bummer really.

I will have my Barristers reserve on tuesday and will post a review during the week, a buddy in the states has been using it since a few days after release as have a fair few others and the general feeling is that they are fairly dilute, that is to say in comparison to the rest of the B+M splashes the Reserve line scents do not last very long at all post application which is a bit of a bummer really.
Ah, bummer if that's the case. It would have been better to make them more like EdC's than simple AS splashes... Still, the packaging and quality of the product is high.

Status
Not open for further replies.