September 2018 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A roll of Kapton tape.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20mm-30...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Recently I read a post on another forum about this tape and its use for straights when honing. Me personally, I have never been a fan of electrical tape - the standard choice as I always felt it was too thick - but this tape is amazingly thin and only alters the bevel angle a very small amount, if at all. I honed a blade as soon as the tape arrived and was impressed at how it lasted right up to the finishing hone from the 1k bevel setter before needing to be changed. I also use oil on my black Arkansas and the tape wasn't affected by the oil lasting right through to the end of the process.

Steve

FUh2dck.jpg

Scored a Rockwell 6S and 100 Astra Green blades. Going to be a Christmas present for my daughters partner.
Now need to find unscented shaving soap for him.

Scored a Rockwell 6S and 100 Astra Green blades. Going to be a Christmas present for my daughters partner.
Now need to find unscented shaving soap for him.

Man super generous gift! That's a life changing razor. Has been converted to wetshaving yet?

For unscented soaps, Noble Otter do an epic unscented version but you would have to get that from the states, and I THINK @Sxot may do one?

Man super generous gift! That's a life changing razor. Has been converted to wetshaving yet?

For unscented soaps, Noble Otter do an epic unscented version but you would have to get that from the states, and I THINK @Sxot may do one?

My daughter and partner are keen to cut down on waste and live a more sustainable lifestyle. So giving the bloke a good head start. :)
Thanks for the info on the unscented soap. My preference is to procure it locally and support local business.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.