September 2019 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you got the three plates?
Yes

What plate do you use?
The mildest one. I can't remember what it is called.

Do you have an issue with loading with the injector and blunting blades?
I think I know what you mean. The "scraping" noise if you inject directly from the side?
Yeah. It bothers me. So I dismantle the razor and place the blade in manually. It only takes a few seconds and ensures that I haven't blunted anything.
I'll emphasise that I don't know for sure if it's causing any trauma to the blade; it just gives me the willies. So I figure why take the risk?

S0bK2Dwl.jpg

2WKnzpZ.jpg

A 1948 English made Gillette Aristocrat #15 with rhodium plating for just $10?

IMG-20190914-174920.jpg

The Krona they had was more. It needs a polish. At that price it should.

So the thing fell apart during polishing. I've had so much fun working out how to put it back together, fixing the crimping and thoroughly cleaning, polishing and oiling it inside and out. The rhodium looks brand new and I'm pretty proud.

Mail called today, two Barrister & Mann.

The white tub is the Fougere Angelique (Angel) which is a light scent of Lime, Lavender, Lemon, Neroli, Geranium, Tonka Bean, Cedar, Balsam Fir, Sandalwood, Smoldering Flame, Oakmoss. (Spring and Summer Season)

The dark red/black tub is the Fougere Gothique (Devil) which is the dark scent of Lavender, Oakmoss, Tonka, Balsam Fir, Bergamot, Vetiver, Geranium, Cedar, Earth, Sandalwood, Musk, Leather. (Autumn and Winter Season)

I have no idea what’s the scent smell like which are Smoldering Flame and Geranium.
Sounds like bull 💩

Last edited:
I've been looking into getting one of these. Do you have, or did you look at the artist club DX?
I had one for a little while but for me I found them to be much of a muchness, obviously the DX is nicer though as an object..

I’m only interested in the brush, looking for feedback review.

It's a soft, thin knot that's lost about 10 bristles in the process of my first shave with it. Synthetic without much backbone. Yaqi is the place to get affordable brushes BUT if you were travelling sans your normal brush and couldn't find an Omega, it's fine for a bowl lathering man like me.

It's a soft, thin knot that's lost about 10 bristles in the process of my first shave with it. Synthetic without much backbone. Yaqi is the place to get affordable brushes BUT if you were travelling sans your normal brush and couldn't find an Omega, it's fine for a bowl lathering man like me.
Sounds like you’ve been pissed on that crappie boar brush, it’s not worth it in my den.

Thanks anyway 🥃🥃

It's a problem. Ran into an English 1940s Fat Handle Tech for $12 in great nick... indeed, better nick than the other two examples I own.

Of course the Peak polish made it sparkle.
love the fat handle techs, I regret letting mine go TBH.
they just work so well.

Mail called today, two Barrister & Mann.

The white tub is the Fougere Angelique (Angel) which is a light scent of Lime, Lavender, Lemon, Neroli, Geranium, Tonka Bean, Cedar, Balsam Fir, Sandalwood, Smoldering Flame, Oakmoss. (Spring and Summer Season)

The dark red/black tub is the Fougere Gothique (Devil) which is the dark scent of Lavender, Oakmoss, Tonka, Balsam Fir, Bergamot, Vetiver, Geranium, Cedar, Earth, Sandalwood, Musk, Leather. (Autumn and Winter Season)

I have no idea what’s the scent smell like which are Smoldering Flame and Geranium.
Sounds like bull 💩

Both are exceptional- The Fougère angelique is an exclusive to Maggards razors (still in stock)and while there is a splash, there will be no Edt/EdP and I'm gutted, its such a beautiful fragrance. Having to make do with just the splash is killing me!

Both are exceptional- The Fougère angelique is an exclusive to Maggards razors (still in stock)and while there is a splash, there will be no Edt/EdP and I'm gutted, its such a beautiful fragrance. Having to make do with just the splash is killing me!
Never mind @todras you can always make your own EDT/EDP very close or similar to the Fougère Angelique scent ;):happy: and you’ll feel sexy again

Status
Not open for further replies.