September 2019 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind @todras you can always make your own EDT/EDP very close or similar to the Fougère Angelique scent ;):happy: and you’ll feel sexy again

Smells just fine to me mate :ROFLMAO:

mx9ws6j.jpg

Last edited:

So I went back to the Guildford place and bought the Krona for @Bucephalus as he just missed out on my other one from the BST. Had a relaxing time cleaning it all up this morning so it's shave ready for him. Soap scum goes away so pleasingly.

I love razors and making them good again.

Thanks to my partner we / she visits a lot of op shops and to justify my time i look for any thing wet shaving ,and still to this day not spyed anything wet shaving in any store .

Thanks to my partner we / she visits a lot of op shops and to justify my time i look for any thing wet shaving ,and still to this day not spyed anything wet shaving in any store .

The only razor op-shop finds I've had are at the Masonic store in Cannington WA and I op-shop a lot as I also collect Australian studio pottery and the bric-a-brac places are great for it. The Masonic haul was rather good as I scored a Gillette Rocket HD that I was able to restore quite well. @TomG has it at the mo.

All my other finds are at Antique / Vintage type stores or fairs that are profit-based. Of course, most of them don't charge what the razors are worth to me. :LOL: You either get stupidly low or stupidly high prices.

Got to admit I am getting a bit envious of the bargain opportunities @Greenpike when the rest of us have to rely on BST and FleaBay :sour: :grumpy: :bigtears: :depressed: :meh:

A 1948 English made Gillette Aristocrat #15 with rhodium plating for just $10?
So I went back to the Guildford place and bought the Krona
Ran into an English 1940s Fat Handle Tech for $12 in great nick... indeed, better nick than the other two examples I own.

All my other finds are at Antique / Vintage type stores or fairs that are profit-based. Of course, most of them don't charge what the razors are worth to me. :LOL: You either get stupidly low or stupidly high prices.

That's the best thing about finding razors in the wild. The pricing. Best experience I've had was finding an Eclipse Red Ring for $18.00. Same seller still has a Valet for $50.00.

Well that is a wrap on September - what does October bring shaving-wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.