September 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mail call. Ordered last Monday and delivered today
adGVYA1l.jpg

DHL Express - average price per item in the mid $30's
Not that far off i'd expect them to be sold for if one of the local retailers had them... IF....

Thought it was DHL express. I have had excellent service from them recently. Good to see you got your items in a very decent timeframe.

Thought it was DHL express. I have had excellent service from them recently. Good to see you got your items in a very decent timeframe.
Moving forward, this is the only way to go. They have a slightly slower less expensive option, but to me it was worth the extra $10 or so for the speed alone.
Also, none of this having to pay a "fee for handling alcohol" business, nor needing to pay 10% GST on cost of goods like myus.com make you.
Search Planet Express if anyone's interested.

Moving forward, this is the only way to go. They have a slightly slower less expensive option, but to me it was worth the extra $10 or so for the speed alone.
Also, none of this having to pay a "fee for handling alcohol" business, nor needing to pay 10% GST on cost of goods like myus.com make you.
Search Planet Express if anyone's interested.

Customs Declaration

5 x Post Shave Toner
2 x shave soap
:)

FYI Planet Express is no good if using the California address and ordering from WCS as they add the 8.5% sales tax.:rolleyes:

Customs Declaration

5 x Post Shave Toner
2 x shave soap
:)

FYI Planet Express is no good if using the California address and ordering from WCS as they add the 8.5% sales tax.:rolleyes:
No I clearly wrote aftershave. Sure, I left off alcohol, but they opened the contents at PE for me.
Ive heard that WCS add the tax. Buggers

Hi @tim33z who did you buy from? Maggards have been out of Trismegistus Aftershave for months.

What is the actual process for shipping? Do you choose DHL at checkout?

Arrived today, thanks to @Blackie for the straight razors, @tim33z for 250 Wizamet and @rbscebu for enabling balsa stropping with diamond paste.

yEmuvSq.jpg

@Blackie, really appreciate the simple scales on Bengall did you make yourself? I may try a repair or reproduce as my first attempt. The Dorko 424 is a little gem (y):)

Arrived today, thanks to @Blackie for the straight razors, @tim33z for 250 Wizamet and @rbscebu for enabling balsa stropping with diamond paste.

yEmuvSq.jpg

@Blackie, really appreciate the simple scales on Bengall did you make yourself? I may try a repair or reproduce as my first attempt. The Dorko 424 is a little gem (y):)
Happy to see the blades arrived safely. (y)

Hi @tim33z who did you buy from? Maggards have been out of Trismegistus Aftershave for months.

What is the actual process for shipping? Do you choose DHL at checkout?
The Razor Company. They had several brands in stock and still have Trismegistus available. Alternatively you buy direct from Declaration Grooming too.

Once you sign up to a mail forwarding service they give you the address and your individual suite number to have mail posted to within the US. From there, you decide how you want it shipped from the options and costs they give you once it has arrived onsite. They weigh and open the box, send photos etc. any initial quote you get is an estimate since you’re guessing how big the box is and what it weighs.

The Razor Company. They had several brands in stock and still have Trismegistus available. Alternatively you buy direct from Declaration Grooming too.

Once you sign up to a mail forwarding service they give you the address and your individual suite number to have mail posted to within the US. From there, you decide how you want it shipped from the options and costs they give you once it has arrived onsite. They weigh and open the box, send photos etc. any initial quote you get is an estimate since you’re guessing how big the box is and what it weighs.
Thanks @tim33z I checked DG and they were out of stock. Have some on the way to Planet Express ATM. Will see what shipping options are offered (y)

really appreciate the simple scales on Bengall did you make yourself?
No, not my work. Seriously, I would do a far better job.
That's how the razor was. Maybe 'something' my Dad did years ago.
I hope the razors work out OK for you. The Bengall blade is not too bad for shine already, and the Dorko should be sweet once you polish and hone it.
Glad to see that they finally arrived safely.

I've said this often enough for little John Keats to leap out of his grave and sue me for copyright infringement, but I'll say it again:

A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

A mere 28 days in transit from Maggards, of which just 5 in Melbourne, where it overtook my Artisan Arcade order, which needless to say has been sent to Sydney. (Note to AusPost: Hey guys, Tasmania is SOUTH of Victoria! You're going the wrong fucking way! :rolleyes:)

Thanks @tim33z I checked DG and they were out of stock. Have some on the way to Planet Express ATM. Will see what shipping options are offered (y)

Just be aware if using their service, there are delays due to wildfires in Oregon and Califormia which are delaying USPS from delivering items and Planet Express sending them. Even the 24 hour clearance option is delayed.

I just went through a nightmare with USPS finally delivered a 2 day guaranteed delivery item. Sat at the Gardena PO for a week ( They must hate me.)
The dashboard on planet express is easy to use. The shipping costs are reasonable for what they are.
In order to obtain an address ( you get a US and UK ), you need to deposit $5 which you use towards your future delivery costs.
Seems like a more efficient and easier mail forwarding system compared to others I have used in the past.

i-BKwFZ3v-M.jpg

i-QGQwBfD-M.jpg

i-pRRHx3F-M.jpg

Finally arrived. Blackland Tradere.
Smooth and efficient. Felt very safe despite the blade gap. Not as close as the SR71. Blade feel is minimal with the safety bar. But smoother than the Timeless. First shave -> Was very impressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.