September 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Od2z0Mk.jpg

I ordered these stainless (doubtful) brush stands from AliExpress on the 13th and they arrived today; 12 days! I was expecting them to take months! The return address is a PO box in Chullora so they must have a local distributor. Around $3 each ($15.94 delivered) and very pleased with them. The boar brushes dropped straight in; the TF custom badger required a slight widening of the jaws using two pieces of small diameter pipe.

Last edited:
Are these what is referred to as Gillette Swedes given they are bundled with vintage Schick's I am hoping the Blue & White are vintage also?

raarf9o.png

A question for @Monsta_AU !

Mail called today, it’s the new RazoRock Hive 24/53mm high density mokasoft synthetic brush.
Nice looking brush @SpeedyPC , Hive brushes always catch my attention because they look so ergonomic, how does the handle feel?

Nice looking brush @SpeedyPC , Hive brushes always catch my attention because they look so ergonomic, how does the handle feel?
Feels really good in my hand, easy and comfortable. The knot looks like the AP Shave Co SynBad, it’s very very soft while the backbone is just a bit weak and feels very comfortable splaying.

Feels really good in my hand, easy and comfortable. The knot looks like the AP Shave Co SynBad, it’s very very soft while the backbone is just a bit weak and feels very comfortable splaying.
It certainly looks a lot like the SynBad. I'm finding mine a bit overly floppy. The tips feel very similar to a cosmetics brush. I don't think mine will last long into next year, I'm thinking of replacing the knot with something else, but I've got a few months yet to make up my mind. Or I could just put in a BOSS knot that's been sitting in my drawer since last year. Decisions, decisions... :unsure:

It certainly looks a lot like the SynBad. I'm finding mine a bit overly floppy. The tips feel very similar to a cosmetics brush. I don't think mine will last long into next year, I'm thinking of replacing the knot with something else, but I've got a few months yet to make up my mind. Or I could just put in a BOSS knot that's been sitting in my drawer since last year. Decisions, decisions... :unsure:
If you’re still not happy with your SynBad knot that doesn’t suit your style, go ahead and change the knot that only suits you best.

If you’re still not happy with your SynBad knot that doesn’t suit your style, go ahead and change the knot that only suits you best.
I hope you're happier with yours.

I think you've made up my mind for me though, so thanks for that, I'll yank out that SynBad and use the BOSS. Cheers (y)

Did an Ikea click and collect run today which included this fella. Made of PET so it's not as slick (or heavy) as acrylic. The razors don't slide about when you pull open the drawers. Also, the frame have catches so you can't pull the drawers out all the way accidentally when you get too excited to grab a razor and shave. Velvet bag is in there temporarily to stop the handle from rolling around lol.

https://www.ikea.com/au/en/p/godmorgon-mini-chest-with-2-drawers-smoked-20456555/

STOP!

Time to post in October thread now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.