September 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks.. trying to breed krystal Red Shrimp, but its proving a little more difficult than I anticipated

51498730470_187b90fb10_c.jpg
Are we having prawns (shrimps) for dinner @StratMan

This little sucker arrived yesterday. I don't have much experience with different razors but given the good review that @Errol gave it, I was expecting good things. I'm certainly not disappointed. I'm going to post in SOTD so I won't elaborate here, but so far my only gripe is the fact that my name wasn't centred properly. Given that it cost a whole $33 delivered, I'm pretty happy.

This little sucker arrived yesterday. I don't have much experience with different razors but given the good review that @Errol gave it, I was expecting good things. I'm certainly not disappointed. I'm going to post in SOTD so I won't elaborate here, but so far my only gripe is the fact that my name wasn't centred properly. Given that it cost a whole $33 delivered, I'm pretty happy.
Whats that one? I dont remember seeing errols part on him, looks noice

Whats that one? I dont remember seeing errols part on him, looks noice
@Errol @Errol mirror on the wall, who’s the sexy bastard razor review of them all???

Imagine if they didn’t bother with the surface finishing and kept the brass natural.

Now that's a beaut. How often did you visit the site to secure that bad boy?
Too often!
But reality now is that drops are pre announced on social media. Gone are the days of getting lucky or using web monitors or bots. Still got to be quick with the fingers and have Apple Pay set to go. Key is to not overthink it and hit buy.

Photos don’t bring out the true beauty of this handle!

Imagine if they didn’t bother with the surface finishing and kept the brass natural.
I agree, though apparently the base plate is aluminium and the top cap is zinc alloy. It's just the handle that is brass according to AliExpress.

I was originally thinking about polishing the heck out of it to bring it back to brass, but that's probably not going to work now that I know what it's made of. It still shaves very well though.

Too often!
But reality now is that drops are pre announced on social media. Gone are the days of getting lucky or using web monitors or bots. Still got to be quick with the fingers and have Apple Pay set to go. Key is to not overthink it and hit buy.

Photos don’t bring out the true beauty of this handle!
Ahh, social media, the death of society as we know it!

Picked up (rescued) a few souvenirs in North QLD while on holiday.
(Except the 3 free shave cream samples from LUSH, they were picked up today locally)

2 x Odins Beard soaps (not tallow based) Eucalyptus & Peppermint (still sealed), Sweet Orange & Lavender (used x 3)

*Gillette 1964 J1 Slim Adjustable
*Gillette England Aluminium

*Alexander Coppel Solingen 106
*Taylor Sheffield THE 1000, Witness (and an all-seeing eye emblem)
*TR Cadman and Sons Sheffield Bengall (plus custom fitted tape on scales)
*Wade Wingfield & Rowbotham, Tenter Street Sheffield, Fine India Steel

All Str8s are clearly in need of restoration.
Can't restore em if you haven't got em.
On the "one day" project list at the moment.
Question for the Gurus, any problem with soaking overnight in "Evaporust" to get them started?

Odins Beard maker is clearly supporting the bearded community at the moment, given his range of offerings at the Yungaburra Markets stall.
All manner of beard product for sale, and just a few cans of soap with 2 offerings to choose from. So I bought both. (Supporting artisans(y))
Jury still out whether I like them or not yet. Scooped almost a teaspoon (I know.......) into the bowl yesterday, still evaporating on the face before end of pass though. Hmmm. (hence the teaspoon, due to 2 x previous unsatisfactory brush loading efforts)

The freebie samples from LUSH today are just that. Something for nothing that the sales lady wanted me to have.
Whatever, I'll lather them up, even if it is for nothing more than giggles.
Maybe they'll be ok, who knows?
7xZkC8i.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.