Gillette Red
Trismegistus
Terre d'Hermès

rmKgOhfl.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: P&B Imperial Rum
Brush: Shavemac
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Wilkinson Vintage Premium Chromium (1)
AS: Pb Bay Lime
Very nice shave with the Eclipse and vintage Wilky (compliments of @Mark1966 ). Haven't had a bad shave yet with the Eclipse but the Nacet still reigns supreme so far for me for this razor.
Some time ago I did a collaboration with my daughter on a hand soap. She named it Storm Rose (scented Rose, Black Pepper, Lime & Patchouli) and it turned out beautifully and was received very well as gifts to friends and family. A request came back for a candle in Storm Rose which the candle in the image shows the test run. It's an 85mm Bees Wax pillar and had it burning for a couple of hours yesterday and it filled the house with the deep rose scent.:)

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Sykefall shaving soap
Razor: Vintage NEW head (replated) on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Sykefall aftershave splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Sykefall EDT

So long off this horse, glad to be back on!

Meant to be on leave this week but so busy with work :( You cannot control timing of things in this game ...

Date: 12 October 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger Ivory 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Gratiot League Square
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip E1 1959 / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / TSW Aftershave Balm
Fragrance:- Tabac

My very first shave with the Gillette Red Tip E1 1959, all I can say is HOLY COW!!! :wideyed: this razor feels smooth and aggressive, not a single irritation or weepers anywhere throughout the whole shave.

@Razor Burn, First time I have that has happened too! thanks for the assist on that one I appreciate it. I will make sure that beer promise is kept. if you are on site again you should come have a look at what we are working on
No drama's mate and I might see you onsite again next week to view your team's hard work (y)

Date: 9 Oct 2018
Pre: Warm water, Crew
Razor: Yaqi mellon DOC
Blade: Astra Green
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: ilbu Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Proraso green
Surprisingly good shave with this kit.

Date: 12 Oct 2018
Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Rocwell 6S (4)
Blade: Gillette wilkinson sword
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captains Blend
Nice to be be home shave. Excellent performance as usual. (y)

Machine: Weber/UFO Goliath prototype
blade: Astra green
brush: Tony Forsyth "The Ghost" High mountain white
soap: AP Reserve Florian
splash: AP Reserve Florian
EdT: AP Reserve Florian

lg6ipr3.jpg

Back to my high rated shaves with zero complications.

Still not sure how many liters of water can be hold in these soaps.... after many hydratation, it was as dense as nothing else...

Hey @no47 are you enjoying the Fatboy - great razor for 60+ years old....
Jury still out on that one....not sure if I like it more or less than the Rockwell 6S....probably like both a lot but for different reasons (if that makes sense). early days yet though, only two shaves in and still messing with the dial to find 'my' shave point.

Had to double check your A/S image to clarify what type of lotion it was :LOL:
On that, what is your feedback on it compared to most.
It's an excellent, every day aftershave. Burn is light and it feels great on the face. Only downside for me is the scent, it's a bit different to most Nivea products but still similar. Clean and clinical but at under $10.00 at Chemist Warehouse I think it's great.

@Nightguard yeah the scents aren't strong and benign but fresh and clean. I've got the Two phase which burns nicely (early summer use) and sounds similar in scent though gathering the performance is similar?
Yes. Performance is similar but I find the Two phase very greasy and somewhat sticky. Not for me. Scent is similar but the Deep Comfort is definitely different, more masculine to my nose.

Yes. Performance is similar but I find the Two phase very greasy and somewhat sticky. Not for me. Scent is similar but the Deep Comfort is definitely different, more masculine to my nose.
Nailed it, yeah the Two phase is too greasy hence spring to early summer use. Like its burn but way too oily for summer use hence it lives at the back of the cupboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.