Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crappy day down here, crappy picture too!!

Pre: shower
machine: Timeless 0.95 oc + gillette Nacet
brush: Romera manchurian
soap: Eufros agarwood
splash: A&E Khalifa

6lYDZGa.jpg

Nice combination for a two and a half passes to get a BBS

IMAG0294.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Astra Green (5)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Soap: APR Alfredus Choice

A very quick, efficient and enjoyable shave this morning. Great performance and pleasant scent as to be expected by APR. Similar results last night with the head shave... Have a great day!

bPSZwfN.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla OC....
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Yellow....
Brush: Wolf Whiskers/Nathan Clark Envy White....
Soap: APR Florian....

Sensational shave....

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
  3. Razor: Charcoal goods, Anchor, LVL 2 DC
  4. Soap: Simpsons - Peppermint and Rosemary
  5. Brush: Floris, 18mm pure badger
  6. Postshave: Blades grim - Smolder
  7. Earworm: The Hunter - Slaves
Quick shave this morning with a face lather. Compared to the TOBS peppermint cream that I used on Sunday the scent of this cream is much nicer. Just a subtle hint of peppermint and rosemary and not too overpowering. Decent enough shave, but was a bit hurried, and definitely missed a few patches.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted with TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Razor: Vintage NEW head (replated) on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Bourbon Rose aftershave balm
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Bourbon Rose EDP

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted with TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Razor: Vintage NEW head (replated) on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (3)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Bourbon Rose aftershave balm
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Bourbon Rose EDP

It’s an unusually late post for you @Mark1966....😎😎😎

2506usw.jpg

Karve 'B' w/ Kai
Mondial1908 Boar
Storybook Soapworks Visions and Revisions Soap and Splash

Soap and splash have the same performance as Hook from my previous SOTD.

The scents is very refreshing (however a bit lighter then Hook). Very orange off the puck, the tea really comes out as you lather. The Splash is a lot brighter orange off the top, but a few hours later it is all tea with the citrus in the background. The scent is very light though. This will be perfect for a scorching summer day I think.

The Kai blade was great! Up there with Polsilvers and Perma Sharps for me I think. There is no waxes used to seal these, which I have never seen in paper wrapped blades. It works perfect for the Karve, because of the flat base plate. I usually use the old blade to scrap off the wax of the new blade no need with these! I may have to start thinking about a bulk order of these.

jWj1Aln.jpg

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Paladin Chief Strawberry Amber
Lather: Declaration Bandwagon
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Finally a sample of some Declaration soap has landed in my den and I must say, I enjoyed the very creamy and slick lather. The soap is dead easy to lather - just very soft for my technique. I assume, I would go through a tub in no time. The scent is also very pleasing, probably the nicest Barbershop type scent I have encountered so far, mainly because it is not as powdery as the usual offerings. I guess now I need to get my hands on some of the Icarus base...

All in all a fantastic shave today with the BBS-1/Ladas combination - smooth and yet so close.

I hope you all have a terrific Thursday (y)

It’s an unusually late post for you @Mark1966....😎😎😎

You don't want to know what time I was in the office ....

This was just before leaving office for meetings at Parliament House - my sanity moment!

Semogue 1305, Mitchells Wool Fat, Parker 34R, Polsilver, Witch Hazel, Viet Fougere
I enjoyed using the Parker today after working a very slick lather.One steady and sure pass with a little buffing,a couple of small weepers on the chin but aside from that no real issues.
As in other areas,it's another very wet day here.Hopefully the creek stays steady.

Pre-shave: Shower, Glycerine
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: PAA Dapper Doc
Razor: Gillette J4 Slim Adjustable (3)
Blade: Gillette 7'Oclock-Yellow (3)
Post-shave: Cold water splash, TSW After Balm

Good 2 pass shave, first pass was a little off not the slickest but the 2nd pass was like I had taken the blade out very slick and smooth.

Pre-shave: Shower, Glycerine
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: PAA Dapper Doc
Razor: Gillette J4 Slim Adjustable (3)
Blade: Gillette 7'Oclock-Yellow (3)
Post-shave: Cold water splash, TSW After Balm

Good 2 pass shave, first pass was a little off not the slickest but the 2nd pass was like I had taken the blade out very slick and smooth.

Great song choice - but I prefer this version, which was recorded a couple weeks earlier with the same stage featuring a very unshaven me - starts at 3:39 (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.