Bolzano 1st use
Feather AS-D2
Yaqi Aqua Mtn Blue
Wholly Kaw Monaco Royale Soap/Splash

Blade: schick p30
Razor:cjb shavette
Brush:yaqi badger
Soap:proraso green
Got the cjb in the mail yesterday so decided I wanted a shave with it.was all going well first pass on the cheeks and neck with no Nick's at all I started getting cocky thinking this isnt hard as I expected.but then I moved onto the chin.thats were I discovered how these things can bite and hard.put a massive nick in my chin that bled like mad.not to be perturbed I continued on with the second pass now much more wary and got nearly to the end cut free then it struck again a big nick on my cheek.the end result was a SAS.the biggest lesson learnt was use a good soap with good slickness and be patient you cant just zip around your face with these razors like a safety razor.im confident that within a month I will be able to do a full shave with no major blood loss but expect to loose a bit in making it to that point.

Superspeed 1952
Blue Blade 1951 X-2
Williams Mug Soap
Phoenix Shaving - The Green Hornet
Vintage Skin Bracer

I used the Blue Blade for 2 WTG passes then switched for a Perma-Sharp because the XTG on the neck area was a bridge too far for the old codger.
With the tough work out of the way, the Perma-Sharp mowed down the remaining hairs like there were none. Not the smoothest start, but a very pleasing end result.

ukYnWPS.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower, Glycerine
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Squadron Dispatch Rider
Razor: Rockwell 6C (5)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock black (2)
Post-shave: Cold water splash, Florian splash and Florian edt.

Two pass shave, smooth slick and efficient I'm not sure you could ask for much more.

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: APR Fenchurch
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum (1)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: APR Fenchurch EdP

Chalk and Cheese comparing this shave to the last, thanks to a blade change out. Clearly the last blade was a dud. I loaded the Krona razor with one of the Schick blades designed for it back in the early '70s and a favourite of mine - the Plus Platinum. A lovely comfortable three pass shave ensued, made all the more pleasurable by the wonderful lather and scent of APR Fenchurch.

QLgokAv.jpg

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Shavemac ATG 2017 LE
Lather: APR Bombora
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Crazy stormy weather here today, but still had to try out my new summer soap, and it didn't disappoint. Whipped up some wonderful APR lather and together with the BBS-1 it resulted in a fantastic shave.

I hope you all have a terrific Thursday (y)

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Thater boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap (1st batch)
Razor: Vintage NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (7)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire aftershave lotion
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

Chocks away, nearly the weekend!

Great shave from this great setup. It was a full P&B Spitfire set until @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau went and released a splash after my visit to the UK earlier this year. We must get their release schedule aligned with my initernational travel better.

Wnrawk8l.jpg

Simple shave today with a blade I haven’t had much enjoyment from. Today, after the 2nd pass, I thought “that’s respectable I might stop”, only to proceed with a 3rd pass and then a touch up along the chin.

Needless to say, the styptic surely does its job when my brain fucks up!

I’m also expecting to see some bowl under the soap very soon...

u6vcvTg.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Karve ‘D’ Plate....
Blade: Gillette Rubie....
Brush: Mondial Boar....
Soap: AP Reserve Bay City....
Post: AP Reserve Bay City Aftershave, Dior Sauvage EDP....

Wonderful touch of spice for a wet, mild Melbourne day....

A&E never disappoints.. super protective lather and love that smell, we are so spoilt for choice these days

Pre-shave: Hot shower (needed today with this winter weather were having in summer)
Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space
Soap: A&E Vanille de Tabac
Razor: Rockwell 6C Plate 5
Blade: Persona Platinum (2 or 3 cant remember)

45554695212_b25fa327f5_c.jpg

Blade: schick p30
Razor:cjb shavette
Brush:yaqi badger
Soap:proraso green
Got the cjb in the mail yesterday so decided I wanted a shave with it.was all going well first pass on the cheeks and neck with no Nick's at all I started getting cocky thinking this isnt hard as I expected.but then I moved onto the chin.thats were I discovered how these things can bite and hard.put a massive nick in my chin that bled like mad.not to be perturbed I continued on with the second pass now much more wary and got nearly to the end cut free then it struck again a big nick on my cheek.the end result was a SAS.the biggest lesson learnt was use a good soap with good slickness and be patient you cant just zip around your face with these razors like a safety razor.im confident that within a month I will be able to do a full shave with no major blood loss but expect to loose a bit in making it to that point.
Shavette style razors are a bastard to get used to but give an excellent result once you do.

Date: 14 December 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Ivory Beehive 30/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- A&E ~ Which One's Pink
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C 'R6' / Vintage NOS Wizamet Polsilver Brown #3
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

Shavette style razors are a bastard to get used to but give an excellent result once you do.
yeah im interested in shaving with straights but dont want to invest till im sure i will stick with it.the way im thinking the shavettes are a cheap entry point and seemingly more difficult to master so by the time im sure i want to stick with it a real straight should be a breeze shaving wise leaving me only honing and stropping as new things to learn.and being a stubborn bugger quitting before i succeed in getting a good shave is out of the picture

Brush: RR 400
Head: Gillette Sensor XL
Face: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Ладас (4)
Bowl: Face lather
Soap: RR xXx
Pre: Cold water

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captains Blend

The RAW RS-10 arrived today :)
I felt a little nervous using the RAW RS-10 for the first time. Will it live up to all the hype?
Okay, the shave. Extremely smooth and efficient. First pass mowed down two days growth with ease. Second pass achieved a BBS, touch up not required.
I was a little skeptical about the RAW RS-10 but wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.