Not open for further replies.
Apin3xQl.jpg

Proraso Pre Green
Razorock Lavender
Semogue 1305
Gillette Fatboy
Feather
Thayers/GFT Skinfood​

Hey @no47 are you enjoying the Fatboy - great razor for 60+ years old....

g02KtP9.jpg

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Wholly Kaw Monaco Royale
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Was very much looking forward getting back to a milder setup and a 4 pass shave. Used the Rex on 3 for the first pass and on 2 for the subsequent passes and the shave was very enjoyable

Finally also got some Wholly Kaw soap, which gets rave reviews. It is very easy to lather up and the lather itself was super creamy. I am not sure how much water it can take though and also the post shave didn't feel as great as my usual soaps...but maybe this will change over time.

I hope you all have a terrific Thursday (y)

Had a very nice irritation free shave this evening. My Tanifuji 6/8" is a really great blade and always gives a superb shave.
Used my Semogue 620 boar with my newest shave soap and it was really efficient at lather production despite its size.

Top night
Top shave and easy DFS

What did you think of the scent from that one? I smelled several at Pasteur’s and the only one I liked was the Monaco Royale.
I'm really bad, when it comes to describing scents - I usually prefer simple scents, unless it comes from the lab of certain @todras ;)

For me it has something powdery/oily that is a bit weird, but it is by no means unpleasing...just not my favourite.

I got it 2nd hand just to get the whole donkey milk thing out of my system :D

Brush: Omega 22mm :banghead:
Razor: Maggard V3A + MR11 handle
Blade: Astra Green (2)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Proraso lather bowl
Soap: Proraso white cream

An early morning SOTD with the travel gear and some mix results. Must be a reaction to Astra Green's as the last two shaves have been very meh (n) Might have something to do with the brush struggling to whip up adequate lather or the fact it was 4am and I was still have asleep :sleep: Could have something to do with the newer batch of Astra blades being tainted (conspiracy theory :unsure:) but either way not the greatest of shaves...
Also managed to cross paths with @mark123abc0 which was nice as he now 'owes' me a beer at the next CBR Meet Up :cigar: Happy shaves!

@Razor Burn, First time I have that has happened too! thanks for the assist on that one I appreciate it. I will make sure that beer promise is kept. if you are on site again you should come have a look at what we are working on

g02KtP9.jpg

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Wholly Kaw Monaco Royale
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Was very much looking forward getting back to a milder setup and a 4 pass shave. Used the Rex on 3 for the first pass and on 2 for the subsequent passes and the shave was very enjoyable

Finally also got some Wholly Kaw soap, which gets rave reviews. It is very easy to lather up and the lather itself was super creamy. I am not sure how much water it can take though and also the post shave didn't feel as great as my usual soaps...but maybe this will change over time.

I hope you all have a terrific Thursday (y)

I agree re. the performance of Wholly Kaw, I found it very good but nothing especially to differentiate it from other artisans, as some other forums led me to believe.

lgGNMfjl.jpg

First shave with the Rex Ambassador today and it was a great shave. Kept the variables the same and very happy with the results. My neck particularly shaved well!

Won’t comment in detail on the razor until a week or so of use but today I hovered the dial around the 2 mark.

Used a fresh Voskhod blade which I may just grab 100 of.

Happy Friday to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.