Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruben, here are a few pointers, I always dry my blades after shaving with a kitchen paper towel, always shave with perfectly dry hands when holding the razor, after stropping I spray a micro fibre cloth with silicone spray which is petroleum neutral, which also means it will cause no harm to plastics or horn bone or Ivory, last of all store your carbon razor in a dry environment and not the bathroom.

Thanks Jamie, I'll give the silicone spray a go as it's pretty humid here in Canberra at the moment...

Rf88Fzw.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla OC....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Turn-N-Shave Smoke On The Water....
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougère Parfaite....
Post: Wholly Kaw La Fougère Parfaite Aftershave and EDT....

Brush: Chubby 2 Synthetic
Razor: Schick Adjustable
Blade: Personna Injector
Soap: MWF
A/S: Brut

Another excellent shave with the Injector and the Chubby continues to impress.
@Nightguard do you find the Chubby 2 Synthetic to be very springing when the loft height is too short for the knot size when the brush doesn’t splay very well when face lathering

Nope. Loft is spot on as far as I'm concerned. Splay is also spot on although I tend to use more back and forth painting motions than circular motions when lathering.
Very interesting for the Chubby 2 Synthetic using painting motion while face lathering, I do circular and painting motions while face lathering for all my brushes. YMMV because we’re all different no matter how they face lather.

Pre: Hot towel, Crew oil
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.95 Scalloped base plate
Blade:Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coolabah

dgyL7Vrl.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Le Pere Lucien
Brush: 20mm Master Badger
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Personna Super Stainless (4)
AS: APR General Ledger
Nice combo for a very good shave after a trip to the hospital last night. My daughter passed out and stopped breathing for a couple of seconds whilst vomiting. Hopefully just some food poisoning though she was working in the heat yesterday so that could have been a factor. Should be home this morning. Dutiful dad just left Mrs Pbgoose and daughter at hospital, once stabilised, for a comfortable bed at home.
Love the Master Badger. Look forward to the AS-D2 in the line up. Very nice razor.
Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery mate!

Hope all is well with your daughter mate
Hoping your daughter makes a speedy recovery @Pbgoose....
Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery mate!

Thanks for well wishes fellas! I picked up Mrs Pbgoose and the daughter early this afternoon. Daughter is recovering well but will have a close eye on her for a couple of days. Mrs Pbgoose is suffering from lack of sleep and the effects of a waiting room style chair in the short stay accommodation ward. You'd think they'd put a decent chair in for carer's. Still we're not totally americanised yet, at least it doesn't cost you $500 plus to get past triage. She must've been sick, apparently she was asking for me at 3am! I'll know she's well when the teenage abuse starts again.:LOL:

e7xlmJj.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch (Tallow)
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkie Light Brigade (6)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: APR Coeur De Vert

This shave finished off my tub of Haslinger Schafmilch (Tallow). Thankfully some strategic reserves remain. The Schafmilch went out with a bang rather than a whimper, delivering a landslide of lubricious lather!
To honour this wonderful soap, I went the full three passes and clean-up buffs for a BBS result.
Wonderful post shave as always with the tallow Haslinger soaps, and I'm now smelling great thanks to the APR's stunning fougère fragrance Coeur de Vert.

09 January 2019
7hSB2F6.jpg

Merkur 37C / Rapira Swedish SS
Maggard 18mm Timberwolf Synthetic
Musgo Real Oak Moss
Brut Original Splash On (Aus)
It was low 20's in Melbourne today, which was really pleasant. Felt like Spring, so I reached for Musgo Real Oak Moss for the final time (as mentioned in the Finished Products thread). I thought I'd easily finish this tube before the year was out, but often they just don't want to end. I managed to extract a final shave with this beautiful cream for a very pleasant shave. The Maggard 18mm Timberwolf Synthetic (Travel Size) is easily the tiniest brush in my den, but it punches well above it's weight (Lather Shot here ). It won't become my go-to brush, but definitely will be used during travel. Now, back to the heatwave weather starting this Friday, which will call for a refreshing menthol blast. Stay cool everyone & keep warm if you're freezing your kastenjas in the Northern Hemisphere !!

Last edited:
04Al6h9l.jpg

Threw in a new Shark blade this morning still with the R2 plate. Light years ahead of the last time I used one of those blades! Super comfortable shave as close as I need, maybe closer.
I like the face feel after using the Proraso splash as always.

Have a cracking day everyone 👌

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Thater boar brush @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Coronet Fougère shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren Handle
Blade: Gillette "Wilkinson Sword" blade (1)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Coronet Fougère splash
Fragrance: N/A

Not sure where or how I got these blades. Gillette but Wilkinson Sword - weird! Made in China which must be a good sign, right?

3e1Jy8rl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.