Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG-20190417-125730-01.jpg

Finally got the den cupboards up (minus one mirror because I am a moron) and unpacked all my stuff. Good to try the Declaration products after ages. Still loving the OC F Karve baseplate and it destroyed a school holidays 5 day growth.

For those into den pics...
nice collection there mate!!

Day 4 of 4 with 0.95SB.. no burn or irritation but a little tenderness in some area (nothing extreme) if that makes sense.. but the 0.68 plate seems like a looming reality..

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space
Soap: Tabac Original
Razor: Timeless 0.95 SS SB
Blade: Polsilver (2)

47579848252_07a8274336_c.jpg

YLfaC6Lh.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Pb MnM
Brush: Old Boar
Razor: Ever-Ready 1912
Blade: GEM (4)
Vintage rocks. When I first saw the 1912 style razors in other blokes posts on P&C I thought 'Nuh, they look too awkward, I'm not going there'. One of the disincentives was getting into a new blade system. Then @Ferret619 gifted me one and I was hooked. They are fantastic shavers.

Happy wife happy life SOTD....

yiJOvVX.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla OC....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Wolf Whiskers/Tony Forsyth Debonair....
Soap: Eufros Tobacco....
Post: Eufros Tobacco Aftershave Balm, Aramis Havana EDT....

Washing machine decided to pack it in yesterday morning mid wash - Mrs Fruityasu was not happy....Out with the iPad and new washing machine delivered and on its first load this morning - happy wife....

Washing machine decided to pack it in yesterday morning mid wash - Mrs Fruityasu was not happy....Out with the iPad and new washing machine delivered and I had its first load going this morning - happy and very grateful wife....

FTFY.

Appliances Online?

yiJOvVX.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Wolfman Guerrilla OC....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Wolf Whiskers/Tony Forsyth Debonair....
Soap: Eufros Tobacco....
Post: Eufros Tobacco Aftershave Balm, Aramis Havana EDT....

Washing machine decided to pack it in yesterday morning mid wash - Mrs Fruityasu was not happy....Out with the iPad and new washing machine delivered and on its first load this morning - happy wife....
Yeah, they don’t like white goods down time. I run a 2nd machine in the shed as back up.😀
What did you buy?

Exactly @Mark1966....While Mrs Fruityasu was in a huff and puff I managed to calmly drain all the water out, remove the wet towels, disconnected the hoses, dry myself off, make myself a cup of tea, jump online and ordered a new washer....lol
A mate way back when who trained to be a fridge and washer mechanic said the biggest problem that causes washers to fail is....

Bra wires.......

A mate way back when who trained to be a fridge and washer mechanic said the biggest problem that causes washers to fail is....

Bra wires.......

This SOTD thread is getting WAY off track (seriously though - who would have thought that)

DIY pre shave oil
Fine marvel w/Polsilver
Yaqi Cashmere 24mm
SV Felce Aromatica
Gaia ASB

Wonderful shave! Excellent shaver with minimal blade feel. Uber smooth (crap finish)!!

Brilliant brush! It has instantly become one of my favorites.

20190418-110857-01.jpg

Date:- 18 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 49 Boar 27/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Limited Edition
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Super Adjustable S2 1972 / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #11
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss Intense

DIY pre shave oil
Fine marvel w/Polsilver
Yaqi Cashmere 24mm
SV Felce Aromatica
Gaia ASB

Wonderful shave! Excellent shaver with minimal blade feel. Uber smooth (crap finish)!!

Brilliant brush! It has instantly become one of my favorites.

20190418-110857-01.jpg
Yaqi's are great synthetic brushes. Just wished they sold the knots separately.
BTW what did you mean my 'Uber smooth (crap finish)!!' the razor or your technique?

Pre-shave:- Shower NQ cold
Brush:- Tony Forsyth Handle with a Whipped Dog Boar knot
Soap/Cream:- Abbie & Grace Soap Works Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- CB Karve OC "C". Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum First use
Post-shave:- Abbie & Grace Soap Works Bay Rum Balm
sotd18-4-19.jpg

Pre-shave:- Shower NQ cold
Brush:- Tony Forsyth Handle with a Whipped Dog Boar knot
Soap/Cream:- Abbie & Grace Soap Works Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- CB Karve OC "C". Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum First use
Post-shave:- Abbie & Grace Soap Works Bay Rum Balm
sotd18-4-19.jpg

That's one hell of a brush. Looks like something Indiana Jones would be on a quest for

x4NtSmZ.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7V
Lather: APR
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Very easy and smooth shave with the Guerrilla and some fabulous APR lather - happy days!

I hope you all have a terrific Thursday (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.