IMAG0455.jpg

Brush: PAA Green Ray / RR 400
Blade: Rockwell (1, 2, 3, 4)
Razor: PAA Alpha Ecliptic / Blackland Dart / Rockwell 6S / RR Mamba
Bowl: Pereira's Unbreakable bowl
Soap: PAA CaD / A&E Asian Plum / APR Fenchurch / Pereira's Charcoal soap
Pre: Shower + Washpool Face Cleanser bar
Post: Australian Lemon TeaTree cream / APR Fenchurch splash

Not the greatest of weeks as I had a family member pass away last Monday so family commitments & a funeral to attend... :cry: Gents, get regular check up's as you never know when a heart attack might strike, no matter your age! :doctor:

Not the greatest of weeks as I had a family member pass away last Monday so family commitments & a funeral to attend... :cry: Gents, get regular check up's as you never know when a heart attack might strike, no matter your age! :doctor:

Sorry to hear that mate, sincere condolences

IMAG0455.jpg

Sorry for your loss, @Razor Burn - sincere condolences, and I hope goes as well as can be expected.

IMAG0455.jpg

Mate, sincere condolences.

pmc7KM7.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Wholly Kaw Fougère Bouquet
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Scent: Alvarez Gomez Barberia

Donga Shave in the North-West. Very hard water at this camp, and I've typically had lathering issues previously. When you struggle to get lather from Valobra Glycerlanolina, you know you are in for a challenge. As always up here, it takes a long time to build the lather, and typically it is not as dense, nor is it as persistent as when using sweeter water.
To be fair, the Wholly Kaw soap did a pretty good job. Slickness was quite good, and it has a very pleasant scent - certainly a fougère on the sweet side.
All up, I was pretty happy with the shave, given the circumstances, and I continue to be impressed with the Alt Innsbruck Emulsion as an all-in-one pre/post shave product. It does a really good job as a travel product, and has rescued me a few times when my shaves have been less than ideal.
Not wishing to overdue the fragrance on the mine site, I elected for the subtle approach of Alvarez Gomez combing water.

Date:- 16 May 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Monaco Royale
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.81mm) 1950's England / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #3
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

No photo today as it was the shittest of shit...

Pre: shower then glycerine soap
Brush: Paladin PK-47
Cream: TOBS Almond
Bowl: Avalon Pottery
Razor: Karve C
Blade: Polsilver (1)
Fragrance: Fulton & Roark Shackleford solid cologne

Sorry about the shitty shave, that aside, what are your thoughts on the solid cologne?

DIY lemon myrtle pre shave oil
KarveD w/Polsilver
Yaqi two band finest
Soap Commander Respect (lime/patchouli)
Post shave oil/Sacred Earth splash

Thoroughly enjoyable shave! I love this soap. It's a fairly simple scent but so nicely done.

This brush just rocks! It's no where near the most expensive badger from Yaqi however, it's my favorite two band as it just does everything right!
I'm breaking this one in a little more as it's my second one, solely for the travel kit.

20190516-084502-2.jpg

Sorry about the shitty shave, that aside, what are your thoughts on the solid cologne?
Oops sorry I realise I wasn’t clear. The shave was great, but the photo was blurry and the brush handle looked black. Not worthy of showing you guys...

I’m liking them for ease of carrying and applying. Only onto the second scent sample so far but got almost a week of use from the first one. I’m not someone who’d spray a cologne in the office, so these are ideal. I think they are a win from me. There’s another Aussie company from Melbourne solid state for men (Link) which are much cheaper and also provide a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. Once I know what type of scents I like, I might give these guys a go.

IMAG0455.jpg

Very sorry to hear - my sincere condolences

My sincere condolences on your loss.

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: RazoRock Game Changer with .84 head & Barber pole handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Red lead

IMAG0455.jpg

Sincere condolences on your loss, and yep don’t postpone your checkups people. Just had some alarming results come through a few days ago - time to clean up my act. 😳

IMAG0455.jpg

Condolences for your loss. Never good when anyone passes away especially when there is still a lot of life left in them.

IMAG0455.jpg

Sorry to hear of the loss of a family member @Razor Burn . Condolences.

IMAG0455.jpg

Sorry @Razor Burn to hear of your loss.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.