Paladin
WR1
Feather
B&M Fougère Gothique

Date:- 20 May 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Simpson Chubby 2 Synth. Silvertip Fibre 27/50mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Monaco Royale
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.66mm) E1 1959 US / Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra #13
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

Last edited:
Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Gillette Slim H 1 1962 (5)
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: RazoRock Blue Barbershop

Someone photo-bombed again.

Great shave and a welcome return to my own soap.
Tonight's blade was taken through a soft then hard Arkansas [with oil] progression to finish on my black Arkansas. The edge was great.
Boar brush with my unscented soap.
Finished with a cold rinse then a light "scrub" with a soft tooth brush, a further rinse, a splash with isopropyl alcohol, a rinse and another final light application of alcohol.
This regime has helped highlight any honing and technique flaws. I have no irritation of any kind.

Finished with a cold rinse then a light "scrub" with a soft tooth brush, a further rinse, a splash with isopropyl alcohol, a rinse and another final light application of alcohol.
Is your face made of leather? That is some post shave technique I don't think I'll ever do. Confused about the toothbrush and how you used it.
Or am I reading this all wrong and this is your straight blade clean up process?

5cr1Rqel.jpg

Stirling day today. These soaps give such a great lather with loads of protection for the face.

One of our dogs is unfortunately in bad health with kidney disease and now a large lump in her lungs. CT scan today if she gets the all clear due to her existing conditions and old age. Hang in there Bells...

5cr1Rqel.jpg

Stirling day today. These soaps give such a great lather with loads of protection for the face.

One of our dogs is unfortunately in bad health with kidney disease and now a large lump in her lungs. CT scan today if she gets the all clear due to her existing conditions and old age. Hang in there Bells...
Give her a nice BIG FAT bone straight from the butcher should give her happiness and family loving care.

Is your face made of leather? That is some post shave technique I don't think I'll ever do. Confused about the toothbrush and how you used it.
Or am I reading this all wrong and this is your straight blade clean up process?
:) No I have reasonably normal skin. An old bloke - older than me by almost 30 years - told me his regime and I decided to try it for myself. He is in his '90s with great skin and still wet shaves with a DE.

To explain: The soft toothbrush "gently exfoliates" but also seems to free any whiskers that have gone below the surface and threaten to become in-growns. Ihave never had any issues with alcohol drying my skin so that works brilliantly to sanitise while at the same time point out areas to improve my blade skills. I have been using this method for over 2 months now and it works for me. :) Maybe not for everyone though :)

IMAG0459.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Blade: Rockwell (5, 6, 7)
Razor: Yintal Brass 5000s / Yaqi DOC + RR bamboo & Headblade Moto / Timeless Bronze SB
Bowl: Pereira's Unbreakable bowl
Soap: Mikes Lemongrass & Eucalyptus / EJ Menthol puck / A&G Soapworks Vanilla, Patchouli & Sandalwood
Pre: Shower + Washpool Face Cleanser bar
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon + Australian Lemon TeaTree cream

The last few SOTD. Love me some Mikes, the Rockwell blade certainly doesn't last more than 5 shaves as felt in the DOC :( The performace and scent of the V/P/S really works and I was undecided as too what splash/balm to use so stuck with the Australian Cream as a safe bet... Happy shaves!

hErRUet.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Karve Brass #C
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Another nice and easy shave with the Karve and some fantastic Stirling lather.

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.