Not open for further replies.
May 20 shave of the day
———————————

Gillette Red Rocket
Aussie Spoiler E-2 1984
Crabtree & Evelyn - West Indian Lime
Phoenix Shaving - The Green Ray
Gillette Wild Rain AF

I’ve purchased the Red Rocket about 6 years ago, one of the very few razors that I’ve found in my area. It sat in a cigar box with other unused razors (by me at least) ‘til a few days ago. I can attest that the Rocket is more aggressive than its American counterpart the Red Tip Superspeed.

vSEwuB1.jpg

R7FrkVbm.jpg

Brush: Ever Ready 100s
Soap: Stirling Grapefruit
Razor: Ever Ready
Blade: Gem SS

Using this Streamline head on a 1912 De-Luxe handle. I bought it like that and as I have seen a couple in Australia believe some must have been sold like this here.
Have a great weekend​

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Rooney
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Razor: Replated Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (4)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose splash
Fragrance: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose EDP

vRxlarol.jpg

Working from home Friday, so relaxed shave. SV produce one of my favourite soaps and aftershaves, and all their scents are great to my nose.

Tony Forsyth Brush
Wolfman WR2 on WRH7
SV Manna Di Sicilia Soap and Balm

1ukHoCWl.jpg

Absolutely!! SV is fantastic and I love the scent of all 5 of their soaps that are in my den.

SOTD:
DIY lemon myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell 6C w/Polsilver
Yaqi silvertip
SV Felce Aromatica
Sacred Earth splash

What a killer shave! Wonderful, rich lather gently massaged in by the plush silvertip. The razor just glided along and I ended up with an ultra BBS!

I feel Rockwell is still my favorite razor of all time (I think I like it better than the Karve).

20190525-083928-1.jpg

8GHS9fo.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: M&F / Brad Sears Finest Badger
Soap: Klar Kabinett
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS Gillette Spoiler (1)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent:Geo. F Trumper Spanish Leather EdC

The vintage Gillette Spoiler blade performed beautifully paired with the Wolfman. Three luxurious passes for a DFS+ result.

oz3kC6xm.jpg

Brush: ER 100s
Soap: Palmolive Stick
Razor: Telerazor battery razor
Blade: Racer
A surprisingly efficient razor when turned off, probably a little over medium, I was expecting something milder. So that is good and probably helped by the weight. Turned on it is quite noisy and vibrates quite a lot. However, the vibration is felt mostly in the hand and makes very little difference to the shave. I love the look and the weight, gives a good close shave without the vibration.

IgROKrLl.jpg

Pb Puck No:1
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Black Hawk
Blade: Feather Pro Super (8 and out)
AS: B&M Seville
Always a trustworthy razor the Black Hawk. Now for the 7 hour drive home. This place is nuts, I don't know how some of you guys live here i.e. too much traffic.

2lwxFcFl.jpg

Two days of beard easily dismissed with the Karve C plate and a Polsilver blade.

The Palmira was taken from the sample box at the meetup in Melbourne a few months ago. Let’s just say this...

It’s effing great!!!

Easy to mash into whatever bowl you want. I chose a recently finished wide mouth tub, and it loads very easily onto my brush. Starting with a fairly dry brush, I added a few drops to the tips and continued to load up on the tub, after a good 60 seconds, I moved to face lather and it built up a fantastic lather in no time with additional water added.

The scent is also a hit as I quite enjoy an almond scent. This hit all the marks with great slickness and didn’t even hint at drying out on my face.

While I’m pretty set for soaps for some time, I won’t go searching for this immediately but if chance arises, I’d grab it guys!

Qshave Parthenon
Face Fat Grapefruit Lavender Bergamot
Gillette Nacet Blade
Mondial Pre Shave
Dcosmetic Handle / High Mountain Silvertip
6UK7pBt.jpg
Hi
What is the soap like? I know their bases are very good more asking about the scent.
I have a couple of their soaps and I'm very impressed. Lavender is not something I would normally go for, but after Squadrons Dispatch Rider I may have changed on that front. Was looking at this for the next purchase.
Cheers in advance.

Date:- 26 May 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Noce Di Cocco
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.81mm) 1950's England / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #4
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.