Status
Not open for further replies.
lN5Eu27.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: Shaver Heaven Vanilla Oak
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS Iridium Super BN-76 (1)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent:Geo. F Trumper Spanish Leather EdC

The influenza season had hit hard in Perth, and I succumbed some three weeks back. Unfortunately, in my case it became pneumonia, so I have been most unwell for the last 10 days.
An intensive course of multiple antibiotics has done the trick, and I have turned the corner, but my recommendation to all if you've not already done so is to pop along to your Medical Centre and get an influenza vaccination.
I was seeking a comforting shave, and whilst several other options came to mind, the soap that best expresses this for me is Shaver Heaven Vanilla Oak. I loaded the Wolfman with a fresh Super Iridium BN-76 and set sail. Three delightful passes - the lather was wonderful and the blade paired superbly with the razor. Smooth, precise and very close, resulting in a BBS finish.
When it comes to comforting scents, my personal favourite is Geo F Trumper's Spanish Leather. A slightly posher take on the Cussons Imperial Leather scent, and just what I was after.

ZGKm50el.jpg

Shave with the Karve D plate and a Persona red blade. Very smooth shave as usual. The Paladin is performing nicely but I need to be mindful that I don’t mash the thing while lathering up.
Finish with some Thayers and finally a bit of Stirling balm for a nice refreshed face.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Replated Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (1)
Post-shave: APR Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: APR Fenchurch EDP

This stuff is seriously - so good!

8y8eEhdl.jpg

lN5Eu27.jpg

Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave

The influenza season had hit hard in Perth, and I succumbed some three weeks back. Unfortunately, in my case it became pneumonia, so I have been most unwell for the last 10 days.
An intensive course of multiple antibiotics has done the trick, and I have turned the corner, but my recommendation to all if you've not already done so is to pop along to your Medical Centre and get an influenza vaccination.
I was seeking a comforting shave, and whilst several other options came to mind, the soap that best expresses this for me is Shaver Heaven Vanilla Oak. I loaded the Wolfman with a fresh Super Iridium BN-76 and set sail. Three delightful passes - the lather was wonderful and the blade paired superbly with the razor. Smooth, precise and very close, resulting in a BBS finish.
When it comes to comforting scents, my personal favourite is Geo F Trumper's Spanish Leather. A slightly posher take on the Cussons Imperial Leather scent, and just what I was after.

Glad to hear you are on the mend mate. Must be something in the water in WA - both my brother and sister have been struck down this year pretty bad.

lN5Eu27.jpg

Lots of nasty bugs getting around atm :sick:. Glad to hear you are on the mend.:)

IMAG0482.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Blade: Ладас (4) / Perma Sharp (1, 2)
Razor: iKon shavecraft 101 OC + RR halo handle / Karve (D plate) + WCS brass handle / RR Mamba
Bowl: Pereira's Unbreakable bowl
Soap: Squadron Sweetheart / Face Fat Green Fougere
Pre: Shower

My last few SOTD = mixed bag. Very rough shaves with the Ladas/OC and Karve/Perma Sharp but smooth with the Mamba. Absolutely love the musk scent from Sweetheart but sadly I can't say the same for Green Fougere as it's too earthy for my liking. Where it lacks in smell it clearly makes up for in performance... Happy shaves!

DIY lemon myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell 6S w/Polsilver
Muhle STFv2 23mm
Random soap
Abyssinian oil/Sacred Earth splash

Don't remember which soap this is but it was really nice! Got an ounce sized sample but the label faded.

It might be a sample of sxot's soap if I remember correctly.

The muhle brush is always a pleasure to use!!

20190611-083611-1.jpg

Had a third shave with feather blades in my r41, not a comfortable shave. Itchy neck afterwards.

I really doubt it shaves any closer than any oher blade too and this wasn't a consecutivr shave either and it still wasn't smooth. Made the best lather of my life and in record time with the new brush too so maybe my skin + r41 + feather is just not going to get along. Will try feather again in a few montha but if I never used them again it wouldn't bother me at all that I 'failed' the feather test.

Most days using aftershave balm is unnecessary and usually just for the scent, but it was needed for neck itching.

Gonna christen the colonel conk soon.

I also want to try the following brands, but that would be a disgusting level of excess and hedonism:cool:

Noble otter soap
Pheonix Shaving
Declaration Grooming
Ariana and Evans
Whispers from the Woods
Oaken Lab
DR. Harris

gYIwN6k.jpg

SOTD for Tuesday the 10th of June 2019

Cedric Christ Custom Old School 1830s
Strop Martin J. Rubin 4601 New York
Semogue TSN LE Boar
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Viktor & Rolf Spice Bomb Extreme Balm
Viktor & Rolf Spice Bomb Extreme Edp
Those wool fat soaps look substantial. I reckon you could kill a man with an u underarm throw of one. I was going to ask you if they make a container for them buy google showed me they did when previously I wasn't able to find out.

Good shave last night. Too long between shaves but no irritation at all. I confess to getting bored with the last soap I made as it seriously will not wear out :)

Rituky Japanese 6/8" Straight point Extra hollow
Semogue 2000 Boar brush
Alcohol splash to let me know I've just shaved with a beautiful irritation free straight razor.

Pre: Hot towel, Aloe vera gel
Razor: Wolfman WR1,SB Standard Gap, WR2 Handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Coronet Fougere

IMG-20190611-170036-1-01.jpg

My wife bought me Mont Blanc Explorer EdP and it was absolutely natural to go APR Coolabah for today's shave. Three days growth to BBS in a very easy and mentholated process. Because I find APR aftershaves often too moisturising for my skin, I used a bloody good dose of alum before slapping on the splash. Word to newbies who struggle with oily skin - this is the answer.

Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Replated Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (2)
Post-shave: APR Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: APR Fenchurch EDP

Using the uncommon Simpson boar on the right today. Very much 'broken in' at this age!

8y8eEhdl.jpg

so i arrived in Auckland the other day.. made sure to pack two soaps, WK Rose and The Warden, and two sets of blades for variety, feathers and polsilvers, with my trusty Rockwell 6C. packed pretty much everything. Went to shave yday morning, got out all my gear only to discover i forgot my dam brush.

what to do? get the goo or look for a brush.. after a bit of online searching found one place close to me to get one for around $30. Wasnt really wanting to waste money on a crappy synthetic while i had so many at home and found this product called Essano Man Shaving Cream , comes in a tub, made in NZ and 95% of contents made from natural plant based ingredients.. https://essano.co.nz/products/essano-man-no-irritation-shave-cream

anyway gave it a crack last night. just put a bit in your hands, rub and apply to the face.. hardly any lather. carefully went first pass.. was a little hard to see where you just made a pass as hardly any foam, anyway did a 3 pass shave on R5 plate but was DFS not BBS, i guess i held back as i was not looking forward to the possible razor burn to follow,

not satisfied with DFS and forever chasing BBS, i thought why not try make lather with my hands. got out the warden and gave it a crack, although no way near a great lather, it actually came to a better lather than the shave cream tub and proceeded with a fourth pass. I felt i was really playing with fire but did it anyway, applied the 'cream' to my face as a 'balm' as the ingredients were fantastic.

after a while a washed it off and applied the splash.. end result, dam close to BBS and ZERO irritation, i was impressed.

Brush: No Brush - bare hands
Soap/Cream: Essano Shave Cream / The Warden
Razor: Rockwell 6C R5
Blade: Polsilver (1)
Post-shave: Essano Shave Cream
Post-shave2: A&E Club Signature

48045847566_bb190b8485_c.jpg

UVob3Pvm.jpg

Soap: Chiseled Face - Ghost Town Barber (compliments of @LukehGee )
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Vintage Wilky (3)
Not a brilliant combo. Wilky wasn't the best pair in the R41 for me.
Ghost Town Barber is nice but I was expecting something a little more masculine. Not a criticism just different from expectations from reading the scent profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.