Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
DIY lemon myrtle pre shave oil
KarveD w/Polsilver
Yaqi silvertip
Shaver Heaven - Choc Delight
Vitamin E oil/Sacred Earth splash

I love overloading badger brushes! The brush had enough lather for about 6 passes and it was so creamy and rich. Plus the smell of chocolate...I ate a piece of chocolate after my shave for the full chocolate experience :)

20190615-094326-1.jpg

7Nog7MS.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Hoffritz Travel Slant
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7V
Lather: APR Fenchurch
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

A very leisurely and relaxing weekend shave with some magnificent APR lather.

I hope you all have a great start into the new week (y)

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: Squadron The Warden
Razor: Rockwell 6S(R6)
Blade: Feather (1)

First shave with the Rockwell 6S thanks to @Holiday , ‘stepping up’ from the 6C. I was surprised ...felt quite different from the 6C. Maybe it’s the different material, maybe it’s the heavier weight, maybe all of the above. Bottom line was that it felt smoother. I nearly forgot that I was using a brand new feather with Rockwell’s most aggressive plate.

End result - three passes for a DFS+, with nil irritation

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Rooney shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR / Noble Otter Texaus shaving soap
Razor: Replated Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (6)
Post-shave: APR / Noble Otter Texaus splash
Fragrance: N/A

plFEhQ8l.jpg

Date:- 16 June 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Tempest
Razor/Blade:- EJ DE89 / Feather #3
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Grabbed the 6s out for the first time in ages today and on the 6 plate had a great fuss free shave.i forgot just how safe and smooth this razor is and a good break from the general being that little bit less efficient.

So I'm well into a self imposed "Just use it June" trying to work on some soaps/samples that I'm not a huge fan of. As a result SOTD's haven't been super interesting or enthusiastic.

Usual setup for the last few weeks has been:

Omega boar
Crown King - Haiku
Rockwell 6s (6)
Rapira/Shark Stainless
L'OREAL cedarwood balm.

The Haiku is a very meh scent for me. Very powdery and quite like a kid's pink musk stick. The performance of the shave is excellent but with a disappointing scent (and it's manufacturers history) it normally just sits in the box unused. So June has seen me working on getting it used.

Today though I had a lazy Sunday and wanted an enthusiastic shave so I grabbed Squadron's Dispatch Rider for a wonderful shave. Much better.

Pre-shave: Proraso Eucalytpus and Menthol cream
Brush: Parker pure badger
Soap/Cream: Mix of soap remnants
Razor: Gillette New LC
Blade: Polsilver (5)
Post-shave: Alum block, Witch hazel, Bulldog original aftershave balm, Myrsol F./ Extra
Hair Tonic: Jeris

Grabbed the 6s out for the first time in ages today and on the 6 plate had a great fuss free shave.i forgot just how safe and smooth this razor is and a good break from the general being that little bit less efficient.
PaulH from YouTube loves Russian Leather with the Imperial Classic Leather aftershave together. How do you subscribe the scent together, do they both blend in together nicely???

Or do you smell like a Classic Leather old fart

Last edited:
Pre: Mr Joe pre shave glycerin soap
Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Soap: Stirling Hot Apple Cider
Razor: Merkur 37C slant
Blade: Gillette Permasharp (2)

Yes folks, you read right! I put the Karve down for a shave and used the slant. It was a very nice shave with under 20 hours growth but no irritation or cuts from it.

Also the first time using the After butter. It left the face feeling alright, a bit sticky but it dried in well enough. Won’t use often if again I think

PaulH from YouTube loves Russian Leather with the Imperial Classic Leather aftershave together. How do you subscribe the scent together, do they both blend in together nicely???

Russian Leather (Cuir de Russie) in terms of perfumery simply means it is based on Chanel's 1924 composition - taking the idea of Military leather (bold, strong) using quinolines.

DIY lemon myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell 6S@R6 w/Polsilver
EJ STFv1 23mm
SV Dolomiti
Vitamin E oil/Sacred Earth splash

I absolutely love the Rockwell 6S!
I'm still undecided but it may just edge out the Karve!
I now have all 3 razors from Rockwell...6S/6C/MT. Yet to use the MT though.

Dolomiti is tied with MWF for my all time #1 soap! I absolutely love this scent! (Lather is always rich and super creamy from all SV soaps).

Even though it's a hot summer here, I think the alcohol splash is causing my skin issues. I'll pause it for a few days and see how I go. It may also be the AC drying out my skin.

20190616-110211-1.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Wolfman WR1,SB Standard Gap, WR2 Handle
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: RazoRock Blue Barbershop

IMG-4567.jpg

the soap is a nice clean and rich version of the scent and the splash is a very old fart take on the scent to me for lack of a better description that im not personally over enthused about but they do work together as a set.

Status
Not open for further replies.