Status
Not open for further replies.
nxd2wRyl.jpg

ADP Oil
My Oud Soap
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
King Pelican
Kemi ILM
It’s been a while since I made some soap but today is set aside to do that, 3 in fact. I’ll be making my own Torchwood and Nag Champa with base kindly provided by @todras 👍🏻 and also some hojari frankincense which I recently got in from Muscat, Oman. These will all be scented on the strong side. I’m just waiting on some supplies but all three will also have an Attar and some EdP to go with them.

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Wolfman WR1,SB Standard Gap, WR2 Handle
Blade: Viking's sword
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Coronet Fougere

xqeDwIP.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Omega Pro 48 Boar
Soap: B&M Leviathan
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS Super Iridium BN-76 (3)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: B&M Leviathan EdT

I was curious as to the performance of a "big" boar, and when I spotted an Omega Pro 48 on special at my local Italian Supermarket, it was a no-brainer.
I didn't quite get the loading right - a bit more practice required. Three very comfortable passes for a BBS result. The Leviathan scent was perfect for a cool Perth evening.

nxd2wRyl.jpg

ADP Oil
My Oud Soap
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
King Pelican
Kemi ILM
It’s been a while since I made some soap but today is set aside to do that, 3 in fact. I’ll be making my own Torchwood and Nag Champa with base kindly provided by @todras 👍🏻 and also some hojari frankincense which I recently got in from Muscat, Oman. These will all be scented on the strong side. I’m just waiting on some supplies but all three will also have an Attar and some EdP to go with them.

300g of Torchwood done.

A2Fo1Z0l.jpg

G7uUdqGl.jpg

House smells great, wife approved.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Culmak shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Vintage L 1 Gillette 'Slim" adjustable (5)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (4)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire balm
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

So good - had to go again!

Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space
Soap: A&E Signature
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Post-shave: A&E Signature Splash

was all set to start the shave with the stock handle but changed to the rockwell handle last minitue from some handy advice from @SpeedyPC .. loaded with a fresh polsilver blade.

wow did i learn a few things today!!! i got a good appreciation of what a difference angle can make and also now understand what blade feel is.

Was set to tacke a 3 day wirey beard, first pass, WTG pass with zero touch pressure,. I was amazed at how much hair the R41 mowed down on the first pass.. at first my angle was a bit too steep, with the handle to close to the face and felt a bit of scraping. Quickly adjusted to an angle more with riding the cap and it smoothed out immediately.. i was very impressed.

lathered up and went for the second pass XTG and again wow.. i was totally suprised at how smooth, comfortable and efficient the razor was.. I could of easily stopped here with an excellent DFS but i am forever the BBS chaser and went for it.

I was a little apprehensive to go ATG as i had read many comments of things going bad, but i had to know. WOW!!! again super smooth and the results were amazing. Super close BBS, even in my trouble areas around the neck / adams apple...

After those 3 passes plus a light touch up, my face felt fine, no razor burn evident. Applied the splash and confirmed that the shave ended up the closest i have ever had, comfortable, no nicks or cuts, no burn.. i love this razor!!!

48094800892_1bb3a57e9e_b.jpg

Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space
Soap: A&E Signature
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Polsilver SI (1)
Post-shave: A&E Signature Splash

was all set to start the shave with the stock handle but changed to the rockwell handle last minitue from some handy advice from @SpeedyPC .. loaded with a fresh polsilver blade.

wow did i learn a few things today!!! i got a good appreciation of what a difference angle can make and also now understand what blade feel is.

Was set to tacke a 3 day wirey beard, first pass, WTG pass with zero touch pressure,. I was amazed at how much hair the R41 mowed down on the first pass.. at first my angle was a bit too steep, with the handle to close to the face and felt a bit of scraping. Quickly adjusted to an angle more with riding the cap and it smoothed out immediately.. i was very impressed.

lathered up and went for the second pass XTG and again wow.. i was totally suprised at how smooth, comfortable and efficient the razor was.. I could of easily stopped here with an excellent DFS but i am forever the BBS chaser and went for it.

I was a little apprehensive to go ATG as i had read many comments of things going bad, but i had to know. WOW!!! again super smooth and the results were amazing. Super close BBS, even in my trouble areas around the neck / adams apple...

After those 3 passes plus a light touch up, my face felt fine, no razor burn evident. Applied the splash and confirmed that the shave ended up the closest i have ever had, comfortable, no nicks or cuts, no burn.. i love this razor!!!

48094800892_1bb3a57e9e_b.jpg
Nice write-up mate!
Do you think this is an every day razor?

iCoA6HTl.jpg

Karve C is very much the sweet spot for daily action.

The Floid is also in my opinion, better suited for winter than summer, as the menthol is bearable even on these cold mornings. It’s the lingering scent that feels more winter than summer.

The soap is getting closer to the end as can be seen below:

glV0kJOl.jpg

The green is poking through almost and wanting to be released....

Pre-shave: Proraso Eucalytpus and Menthol cream
Brush: Omega 10048
Soap/Cream: Palmolive
Razor: Gillette black beauty
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock green (4)
Post-shave: Alum block, Witch hazel, Bulldog original aftershave balm, Myrsol F./ Extra
Hair Tonic: Eau de Quinine

oiy6YpWl.jpg

Soap: Pb Carronoki
Brush: Semogue 610
Razor: Slim (5,7)
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (4)
AS: The Black Spruce
@nav1 , a twist of the knot did lock it in better and your use of Carronoki yesterday inspired me to look it out as I haven't used it for a while.:)
The HG scuttle is very nice on these winter mornings to warm the lather.

IMAG0501.jpg

Brush: RR 26mm Boar
Blade: Perma Sharp (4)
Razor: iKon 102 slant
Soap: APR Alfredus Choice
Pre: Shower + Washpool Face Cleansing bar

Fighting a very stubborn respritory infection hence the lack of SOTD posts :( An absolutely delightful shave with this combo. Looking forward to working the new brush in as its not holding a lot of lather just yet... Happy shaves!

oiy6YpWl.jpg

Soap: Pb Carronoki
Brush: Semogue 610
Razor: Slim (5,7)
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (4)
AS: The Black Spruce
@nav1 , a twist of the knot did lock it in better and your use of Carronoki yesterday inspired me to look it out as I haven't used it for a while.:)
The HG scuttle is very nice on these winter mornings to warm the lather.

Great to hear it worked!

The carronoki is excellent soap indeed!!

Just had my first shave in more than a week. That damn feather blade gave me a scab that took forever to go away and you can't just mow it down and go back to the infirmary.

Tried to use pre shavr proraso seeing as I had about a cm of hair on my head and like previously it just turned he shave soap into a flaky paste on the second pass. Washed it all off and tries again just with shave soap and it was better.

Tried with the sample muhle blade I had first and with hair that long, even with a new blade and my r41 is never got rid of everything with each pass...patchy even.

I would say lesson learned to not let it get so long but I already knew that, whole family has been sick. Made a lather the day before...raised the blade to my head and my wife called me and we had to take our son to hospital....nothing fatal but it was enough for concern that we were there for 4 hrs being seen.

He's almost 100% now and there is less wind resistance on my head once again and all is right in the world once more.

Vote for me for prime minister and I will ban pre shaves once and for all...

New muhle synthetic is perfect now. Really digs into that hard soap but so soft on my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.