Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
second day with the R41, kept all other things constant, except for the shave angle. Tried it with a steeper angle with the handle closer to my face and no issues at all, this razor continues to amaze me, another super close comfortable shave. Concentration levels were still high but feel totally at ease with this razor.

the only issue i see arising is having to chose between the R41 and the timeless.. awesome problem to have :p

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space
Soap: A&E Signature
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
Post-shave: A&E Signature Splash

Charcoal Goods, LVL 1, CC + Timor
Simpsons Duke 3, Manchurian
Sweetheart

Damn, I wish that I had bought more of this soap when it was in stock. Absolutely love the scent of this soap and the lather is superlative. Will definitely be purchasing more Squadron in the near future. Lovely way to finish the week. Great shave with the level 1 CG to round off a good week. Plus, come this arvo it's holiday time. Hooray.​

DEo3H2tl.jpg

Soap: Barrister Reserve Fern
Brush: Bernard
Razor: Blacklands Sabre
Blade: GEM (5)
(y)

DIY lemon myrtle oil
Rockwell 6S w/Polsilver
Yaqi Cashmere synthetic
PdP63
Vitamin E oil

This soap rocks! What an absolutely stunning scent!!

I've used this puck no less than 30 times and it's still basically new!

...I guess the back-up puck I have of it will not be used in my lifetime!!

20190621-091718-1.jpg

zDt13SD.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: B&R Adjustable (2/1)
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Shavemac ATG 2017 LE
Lather: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday (y)

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C plate
Blade: Gillette Rubie
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac

MUCH better SOTD ;)

@Pbgoose and myself have been examining the Kampf removable wedge style SE razors that belong to @Sticky from the 1900 era.We have been learning how to get a shave ready blade and tonight I finally got one to take a very good edge but had to do a bit of backyard improvising to make a handle for the blade to strop it correctly on linen and leather. The blade is the width of a GEM blade with the profile of an extreme full hollow straight razor.

Soap mine
Brush a Semogue boar
Razor belongs to @Sticky

Men were certainly men back in the 1900's. The shave was extremely close and smooth only when the head angle was spot on. As a first time full shave experience I wouldn't call it comfortable but the result was great and zero irritation. The blade feel and aggressive shave made the MMOC feel "gentle". With the size of the Lather Catcher head I was a bit tentative around the nose and chin but ended with a very good DFS.

Steve

@Pbgoose and myself have been examining the Kampf removable wedge style SE razors that belong to @Sticky from the 1900 era.We have been learning how to get a shave ready blade and tonight I finally got one to take a very good edge but had to do a bit of backyard improvising to make a handle for the blade to strop it correctly on linen and leather. The blade is the width of a GEM blade with the profile of an extreme full hollow straight razor.

Soap mine
Brush a Semogue boar
Razor belongs to @Sticky

Men were certainly men back in the 1900's. The shave was extremely close and smooth only when the head angle was spot on. As a first time full shave experience I wouldn't call it comfortable but the result was great and zero irritation. The blade feel and aggressive shave made the MMOC feel "gentle". With the size of the Lather Catcher head I was a bit tentative around the nose and chin but ended with a very good DFS.

Steve
Gad to hear you are getting a good edge on the old wedge blades. I wonder if many of the average original users would have had such a good edge in general daily use
That is the Star No.1 (as below) and it is certainly an aggressive razor, I've used it with a Gem blade, when the angle is right the comb is out of play altogether. I used one this morning just to remind myself. It really is a straight razor on a stick! I'm looking forward to trying it out with a wedge. Great work Steve

8JCzhx4m.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Rooney shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Razor: Vintage L 1 Gillette 'Slim" adjustable (5)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (6)
Post-shave: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose splash
Fragrance: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose EDP

I can see the end in sight (but it doesn't seem any closer!) ...

2yH9D87l.jpg

Pre-shave: Proraso Eucalytpus and Menthol cream
Brush: Omega 10048
Soap/Cream: Derby
Razor: Karve (E)
Blade: Polsilver (2)
Post-shave: Alum block, Witch hazel, Bulldog original aftershave balm, Myrsol Blue
Hair Tonic: Jeris

The E base plate in the Karve is just about right for me. I purchased the razor with the D plate only and found this a little mild so I purchased E & D (OC) base plates. I haven't tried the D (OC) plate yet but the performance with the E plate is superb.

34eLXDgl.jpg

Soap: Pb 35.1
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: GEM Micromatic OC
Blade: GEM (6)
Lovely shave with the Pb 35.1 and the Micromatic. The Micromatic isn't as smooth as the Sabre but still got a very nice result. Possibly the blade being at the end of it's useful life influenced those comments as I don't remember there being a lot of difference between the modern and vintage GEM type razors.
Some lovely sweet notes coming from the Grapefruit, Rose and Labdanum with the Vetiver and Thyme providing some earthiness with some nice spice in amongst it.

Every time I see a Tabac SOTD, I am saddened by the fact I can't use this soap!

I adore the scent but it triggers day long migraines :(

Status
Not open for further replies.