Status
Not open for further replies.
DIY lemon myrtle oil
KarveD w/Polsilver
EJ STFv1 23mm
MWF stick
Anherb balm

20190622-091820-1.jpg

Every time I see a Tabac SOTD, I am saddened by the fact I can't use this soap!

I adore the scent but it triggers day long migraines :(

Sad t hear that Nav1,Tabac is a good product. Tabac & Proraso Green are classics. I enjoy using them, easy to lather, slick and for me the scents are nostalgic.

Date:- 22 June 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Apricus (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3ONE6 Knurled / Feather #1
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tabac

Too early for me to give my comments on the new EJ 3ONE6.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: B&M Petrichor shaving soap
Razor: Vintage L 1 Gillette 'Slim" adjustable (5)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (7)
Post-shave: B&M Petrichor splash
Fragrance: N/A

So good

rbmke3Wl.jpg

ifkDJzgh.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb 35.1
Brush: Semogue 610
Razor: Kampfe Star
Blade: 'HI COQ'
After ongoing discussions with @bald as and @Sticky I honed another wedge last night and ended up going 5 layers of tape again, otherwise the bevel became very wide and the edge seemed unstable (subject to chipping and damage during honing). Unfortunately during honing it became clear that what initially appeared to be a deep scratch was actually a crack in the blade.
jpkfdnlm.png

The crack only extends into the blade about 4mm and the blade seems quite stable so I completed the hone and was quite happy with how it came up.
Was slightly tentative facing the 'Exfoliator' again this morning so I used coconut oil as preshave as it offers additional protection and selected a soap with bentonite (Pb 35.1) as I find that also provides good protection. After talking to @bald as I made a more conscious effort to use straight razor technique with the Kampfe which I think paid off.
Achieved a very satisfactory shave to DFS, maybe not quite as close as with the Kampfe wedge. The Kampfe Star would be as aggressive as my Asylum Rx which took a number of shaves adjusting technique before I could satisfactorily shave with it. I could not use the Kampfe Star as a daily driver unless I limited the passes to one.
I think it's time you had go @Sticky . I'll freshen up the edges on the Kampfe and HI COQ wedges and get them back to you.

ifkDJzgh.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb 35.1
Brush: Semogue 610
Razor: Kampfe Star
Blade: 'HI COQ'
After ongoing discussions with @bald as and @Sticky I honed another wedge last night and ended up going 5 layers of tape again, otherwise the bevel became very wide and the edge seemed unstable (subject to chipping and damage during honing). Unfortunately during honing it became clear that what initially appeared to be a deep scratch was actually a crack in the blade.
jpkfdnlm.png

The crack only extends into the blade about 4mm and the blade seems quite stable so I completed the hone and was quite happy with how it came up.
Was slightly tentative facing the 'Exfoliator' again this morning so I used coconut oil as preshave as it offers additional protection and selected a soap with bentonite (Pb 35.1) as I find that also provides good protection. After talking to @bald as I made a more conscious effort to use straight razor technique with the Kampfe which I think paid off.
Achieved a very satisfactory shave to DFS, maybe not quite as close as with the Kampfe wedge. The Kampfe Star would be as aggressive as my Asylum Rx which took a number of shaves adjusting technique before I could satisfactorily shave with it. I could not use the Kampfe Star as a daily driver unless I limited the passes to one.
I think it's time you had go @Sticky . I'll freshen up the edges on the Kampfe and HI COQ wedges and get them back to you.
That looks like a great edge, I hope the crack holds up for a while. I can't wait to give them a try!

That looks like a great edge, I hope the crack holds up for a while. I can't wait to give them a try!
Can't see the crack with the naked eye and I wasn't being gentle with it honing as I thought if it won't withstand honing then it's not much use. Certainly couldn't detect it whilst shaving so I think it would be OK for a good while yet.(y)

New acquisition for the razor? Had much of a chance to give it a good run?

Had it for a few weeks now, the more I use it the more I find myself thinking that the WR2 irons out the few niggling issues with the BBS1 - it's splitting hairs literally but the WR2 is probably slightly smoother.

DIY lemon myrtle oil
Rockwell 6S@R6 w/Polsilver
Muhle STF 23m
SV Tundra Artica
Anherb balm

Oh man, what a fantastic shave! The Rockwell is just the ultimate razor for my skin/stubble.

The SV is wonderful, especially in combo with the muhle STF brush!

20190623-091628-1.jpg

What’s the razor gap on the WR2 please @todras

The Gap on the WR2 is available in 3 or 4 options and he will also do custom gaps if you are not a pain in the neck about it. The .095mm is the standard (WR2) and comparable to the BBS-1 (1.0mm) but it's just that fractionally bit smoother and minutely less aggressive. I really think it's all things considered the perfect gap for a mild/mid shaver.

I bought 3 plates with mine, the .095mm (standard), the 1.05mm and the 1.25mm.

The handle in my picture above is the oversized WRH7 that comes in at 98mm length (solid) - he also offers the standard size and 'hollow' that's lighter if that is your preference.

The Gap on the WR2 is available in 3 or 4 options and he will also do custom gaps if you are not a pain in the neck about it. The .095mm is the standard (WR2) and comparable to the BBS-1 (1.0mm) but it's just that fractionally bit smoother and minutely less aggressive. I really think it's all things considered the perfect gap for a mild/mid shaver.

I bought 3 plates with mine, the .095mm (standard), the 1.05mm and the 1.25mm.

The handle in my picture above is the oversized WRH7 that comes in at 98mm length (solid) - he also offers the standard size and 'hollow' that's lighter if that is your preference.
So which is your favourite base plate? are you a daily shaver or alternate days shaver?

Had it for a few weeks now, the more I use it the more I find myself thinking that the WR2 irons out the few niggling issues with the BBS1 - it's splitting hairs literally but the WR2 is probably slightly smoother.
Great timing before the price rise :) I've only got the 0.95, but absolutely love it.

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captains Blend
A top shave.

Great shave tonight with the Kampfe Lather catcher from @Sticky. To say the Kampfe is aggro is an understatement. It feels like the open comb is there only for the advertising photos. Tonight was my second full shave with this particular removable wedge blade. It is similar to a straight razor in many ways and although it feels "rough" while shaving the end result is stunning. Also even after only two shaves with this set up I could happily use it most times I shave. Short strokes eventually gave the most comfortable result combined with a very wet lather.

@Sticky I reckon you have a keeper and a new addition to your rotation. Now I'm happy with the results I will hone and strop the rest of the blades and get them back to you.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.