Not open for further replies.
afcKqikl.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: B&M Fougere Gothique (sample)
Brush: Vie-Long Black Horse
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Nacet (1)
AS: Fougere Trois
Found I was missing the PSE so pulled out the stock to top up the day bottle. The Nacet brings out the Wow factor in this razor for me. Bewdiful.
I won't be rushing out and buying the Fougere Gothique. It reminds me of too many dark dank crawl spaces from my trade days. There are some delightful lighter notes in there but not to the point of redemption. Thanks @LukehGee , it was interesting to try.

Travelling box shave:
Omega boar
Rockwell 6s (5)
Dorco Prime Platinum
Antica Barbearia
ADP Colonia

When I opened the travelling box I thought "jackpot". When I smelled the vegetal I thought "stitch up". When I saw 40 Dorco Prime Platinums in there I thought "oh no you don't, I see this one coming".

And yet I just had to chuck one in the razor for a shave anyway.

All in all it wasn't as bad as I expected. Some tugging (and a fair bit of irritation) later I had a two pass respectable shave.

Soap lathered like a beast and I was super excited to try the Colonia splash. Both of which were excellent.

I now find myself eyeing APR's Fresca Intensa (as I believe it's from the same fragrance family?). Will the shopping list never dwindle?

Date:- 12 July 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Shamrock Tweed
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'B' / Polsilver Super Iridium #5
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men

12 July 2019
Yesterday's reminiscing about the 60's made me feel old, so to restore some serenity I decided to shave with a razor that was older than I am and a soap that was much, much younger.
SOTD-12-07-19.jpg

Pre: Glycerine Soap
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations Isle of Skye
Razor: Gem G-Bar 1950's
Blade: Gem SS (1)
Balm: Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations Isle of Skye Post Shave Elixir

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C plate
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R5)
Soap: Tilley Musk soap
Pre: Shower
Post: Jovan cologne spray // Vaseline Intensive Care Moisturiser

Another enjoyable shower shave with this combination. Love the scent from the soap/cologne and the blade shaves super smooth with the R5 plate... Have a great weekend!

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Rooney shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Group Captains Blend shaving soap
Razor: Vintage L 1 Gillette 'Slim" adjustable (5)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (6)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Group Captains Blend splash
Fragrance: N/A

Great stuff the GCB! Off to Sydney and back today for my wife's aunt's 90th birthday - that should be a hoot!

wWTIQLCl.jpg

PufSczE.jpg

Back to where it all began SOTD 13/7/2019.
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (1)
Brush: Edwin Jagger best badger
Cream: Palmolive
Post: Imperial Leather, Proraso Aftershave Balm Sensitive

7 years or so ago I found myself working in Sydney's Inner West. After undertaking in a little research about traditional wet shaving I took off to the local Westfield and returned triumphantly with a bag containing what you see above (pretty much). So the journey began.........!

KarveD w/Polsilver
TurnNshave Angel Hair synth
Shaver Heaven - Papaya Chill
DIY lemon myrtle oil

I have come to really prefer brushes that splay out with ease, where I don't have to mash them into my face.

This brush is a prime example...I just lightly swirl and the splay is very natural and easy.

The light menthol in the soap was really enjoyable on this somewhat muggy morning.

20190713-091644-1.jpg

Date:- 13 July 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Mission / Polsilver Super Iridium #9
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Rochas Man

Last edited:
vMh6zbBl.jpg

Soap: Pb Back Beet V1
Brush: 26mm TF KBBB
Razor: Tennis Facharbeit
AS: PAA Sangre De Drago
KOed today by migraine :sick: despite usual arsenal of drugs etc. Some peppermint EO mixed w/Jojoba on the temples was some welcome relief then later in the afternoon this shave, which for some reason I find Back Beet a little therapeutic. Just might be able to drag myself out to a friends BD celebrations this evening which I would've been disappointed to miss. :)

nmtEqPS.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette 'Swede' (1)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica Balm
Scent: Parfums De Marly Galloway Royal Essence

After trialing a Derby Extra blade for the last three shaves, the contrast could not have been starker than this shave with a Gillette Swede. Oh-so-sharp yet very smooth, it is a superlative blade that can duke it out with any contender. Simply glide the razor around your face with zero pressure, and this blade provides a magnificent shave. Three passes for a super-close BBS, then off to Perth Stadium to see Perth Glory take on Man United.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Group Captains Blend shaving soap
Razor: Vintage L 1 Gillette 'Slim" adjustable (5)
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (7)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Group Captains Blend splash
Fragrance: N/A

Survived my wife's aunt's 90th birthday and back home safely after a very balanced day, 3 hours drive, 3 hours party, 3 hours drive!

Nice to start the new day well

wWTIQLCl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.