Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Date:- 14 July 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wickham 1912 ~ Shamrock Tweed
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Slim Adjustable / NOS Wizamet Polsilver Brown #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tabac

Simfix
Tallow + Steel Morocco
Gillette tech
Astra
Giles Co. Shaving Co.
First ever run with an 'antique' razor and a definite learning curve. Handle much smaller than I am used to, and the angle of attack was much steeper. However, after a few minor adjustments I was able to complete a great two pass shave. Decent enough lather from the Tallow + Steel, but I do not like the Morocco fragrance.

i-wxQzZ7V-L.jpg

A rehash from the other day. Repeated today.

Second shave with the Brass Timeless 0.38 (SB) with a scalloped head.
Spent more effort getting the prep right and quality of the shave went up exponentially.

Prep: Warm shower ; Prosaro Red pre-shave cream. Simpsons Commodore brush (I just rinse thoroughly in warm water, a light squeeze then load the brush and face lather now). APR Fougere Trois which is my current preferred daily.

Feather blade on it's second shave with the same razor.

Shave: Oh so smooth. With the proper prep, this is a relatively mild razor after all. It is perhaps a tad more efficient than the 0.68 titanium Timeless (YMMV and this is subtle) but not as close as the 0.95 SB which is my preferred daily driver. Angle very intuitive. Beautiful weight to the razor. With the titanium you can adjust some light pressure but no need with the brass. If only it remained this gorgeous polish.

WTG, two XTG in different directions then a light ATG under the neck. Voila!

Finish: Dermalogica multi-active toner spray makes great aftershave followed by the Dermalogica moisturiser.

6wfYRkTl.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Soapy Science - Lollipop Citrus (sample compliments of @FluffyGroodle )
Brush: SOC Cherry Boar
Razor: Gillette New LC
Blade: Ladas (1)
AS: Pb Black Spruce
Nice combo this morning. The Soapy Science is a very nice lather though there was not much lollipop or citrus happening with the sample as it has been lost in my stash for a while.

vMh6zbBl.jpg

Soap: Pb Back Beet V1
Brush: 26mm TF KBBB
Razor: Tennis Facharbeit
AS: PAA Sangre De Drago
KOed today by migraine :sick: despite usual arsenal of drugs etc. Some peppermint EO mixed w/Jojoba on the temples was some welcome relief then later in the afternoon this shave, which for some reason I find Back Beet a little therapeutic. Just might be able to drag myself out to a friends BD celebrations this evening which I would've been disappointed to miss. :)

I hope you felt better enough to attend the celebration :)

"SV Sunday"
KarveD/OC w/Polsilver
Yaqi silvertip
SV Manna di Sicilia
DIY lemon myrtle oil​

I have a few Karve plates on loan from a friend and went with the D/OC today. It is indeed a little more efficient than the D/SB. It took fewer strokes to achieve a perfect BBS!

20190714-093513-1.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Vintage L 1 Gillette 'Slim" adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna "Lab Blue: (1)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

First flight out to BNE today and last flight home, back on the horse!

PXNvWEQl.jpg

meRNAWHl.jpg

Great shave to begin another week. The slant razor is 100% a keeper and paired with a fresh Voskhod blade, very nice shave indeed.
The cream had the addition of a glycerin soap prior to slapping on a few fingers worth of ToBS and then lathering up on the face. This is the go, for me. YMMV.

Gillette tech on a G&F 100mm handle
Timor blade
Tulip 3, Manchurian
B&M First Snow

I enjoyed the Tech much more this morning paired to a linger handle. However, the blade was somewhat dull so that was a bit disappointing. Decent enough two pass shave with some wonderful B&M lather.​

8ZjCQzuh.jpg

Soap: Squadron - Coronet Fougere
Brush: Zenith Boar (tragic shedomatic)
Razor: GEM Junior
Blade: GEM (1)
AS: Pb TOL
Shave of the week so far for me. I was a little half hearted with 'thanks' at the time when @Ferret619 generously gave the GEM to me as I had straights and DE's and was not looking for additional blade systems! (heard that before?). So glad you did though Ferret619 as the GEM provides a unique and brilliant shave experience, efficiency and mildness right there.
I retrospectively nominate @Ferret619 for the Enablers award as without him I'd be missing over half of my SE collection.
Loving the Coronet Fougere this morning as well. Thanks @SchoolForAnts .

8ZjCQzuh.jpg

Soap: Squadron - Coronet Fougere
Brush: Zenith Boar (tragic shedomatic)
Razor: GEM Junior
Blade: GEM (1)
AS: Pb TOL
Shave of the week so far for me. I was a little half hearted with 'thanks' at the time when @Ferret619 generously gave the GEM to me as I had straights and DE's and was not looking for additional blade systems! (heard that before?). So glad you did though Ferret619 as the GEM provides a unique and brilliant shave experience, efficiency and mildness right there.
I retrospectively nominate @Ferret619 for the Enablers award as without him I'd be missing over half of my SE collection.
Loving the Coronet Fougere this morning as well. Thanks @SchoolForAnts .
Very nice photograph, Bruce.
Is that an orange tree or a kumquot tree?

Pre: Hot water
Razor: RazoRock Game Changer with .84 head & Barber pole handle
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Small plastic bowl
Brush: YAQI Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic Tuxedo Knot
Soap: Tabac
Using my travel kit for the week. Great shaves.

Karve E plate w/Polsilver
EJ STFv1 23mm
PAA Amber
DIY lemon myrtle oil

The E/SB plate on the Karve is surprisingly smooth and comfy! I got my desired BBS but my skin felt a tiny bit raw compared to yesterday's D/OC. Defining not a daily plate for my skin.

20190715-082216-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.