Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Razor: Vintage L 1 Gillette 'Slim" adjustable (5)
Blade: SuperMax Platinum (2)
Post-shave: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars splash/balm
Fragrance: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars EDP

Strike Two against this blade, still tuggy and rough - but once again a decent shave overall.

Of course if I bid high enough I can get -

Box (100) of Gillette Bleue Extra DE blades

and not have to worry about bad blades for quite some time ...

ALsab8ul.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Razor: Parker Variant (1)
Soap: Tilley Musk soap
Pre: Shower
Post: Jovan colgne spray // Vaseline Intense Care moisturiser

A quick pre-work shower shave with the neglected adjustable. A very nice DE and despite a minor weeper on the adams apple, super smooth results on the mildest setting. I'm going to give my face/head a rest for a few days so until then... Happy shaves!
What settings did you use on the Parker Variant out of interest? Generally find it a lovely smooth shaver on the lower settings. But rougher on the upper settings like typical adjustables.

68A9Txn.jpg

Interstate Sunday SOTD 21/7/2019
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Feather Artist Club DX
Blade: Feather ProGuard (1)
Soap: Clubman Pinaud
Brush: the Stray Whisker 28mm Synthetic
Noice SOTD, haven't tried my DX for quite sometime. When I was starting out I used the ProGuard too, to be safe and struggled with it. Those experiences put me off the DX, but. Jumped to the Pro, nicked myself straight away but way smoother and comfortable. Ditch the ProGuard as soon as you are confident enough.

That L'Oreal the bomb? Heard great things about it for the colder times.

YmkLMqyl.jpg

Brush: Omega Boar
Soap: APR Lixiviant
Razor: ER 1909
Blade: Gem PTFE
Have a great Sunday​
Interesting ER handle? Never seen that one before.

Oh @todras love the Skye Fall. When you releasing that beast again. My bottle is used more than yours and getting worried about using it all up!

KarveD w/Feather
Yaqi high mountain badger
SV Dolomiti
DIY lemon myrtle oil​

SV Sunday with Dolomiti.
This is not only my favorite SV scent but perhaps my overall favorite scent of all the soaps I've used!

Used a Feather which provided an ultra close shave, as we are going out to meet some people.

20190721-082511-1.jpg

What settings did you use on the Parker Variant out of interest? Generally find it a lovely smooth shaver on the lower settings. But rougher on the upper settings like typical adjustables.
I normally use #2 and no more than #3 as I find it a tad too rough. Surprisingly my last shave I tried #1 and it was great for a SAS :)

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Timeless
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron, The Warden
A fanbloodytastic Sunday shave.

IMG-4664.jpg

Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars shaving soap
Razor: Vintage L 1 Gillette 'Slim" adjustable (5)
Blade: SuperMax Platinum (2)
Post-shave: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars splash/balm
Fragrance: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars EDP

Strike Two against this blade, still tuggy and rough - but once again a decent shave overall.

Of course if I bid high enough I can get -

Box (100) of Gillette Bleue Extra DE blades

and not have to worry about bad blades for quite some time ...

ALsab8ul.jpg
Hi Mark I have had a bit of an issue with the super-max platinum using my gillette slim.
The razor is not giving clean passes.
What number are you set on mate?
Paul

PS just read your post again it says 5

LLBSNRkl.jpg

Traveling sample box shave:
For the first run with the box, I thought pertinent to stay Aussie. The soap has a lovely scent and even though I rarely bowl lather, this was easy to get right. On applying to face, it seemed thinner than I prefer but performance was great. Post shave I remember what @Ckoerntjes said on Saturday and that is that the face feels “clean”. It’s true but then after lathering up and shaving, shouldn’t the face always feel clean??

Then after 2 passes and very slight touch ups, applied the APR Mycroft. From the bottle, I really enjoyed sniffing this, but once on my face, the scent changed slightly which I’ve never had with any other APR aftershave. It’s not unpleasant, just different to what I smelled from the bottle.

Should time permit, I’ll give the Squadron soap another crack for sure.

Fenchurch
The Ring
Milk churn

I picked up this razor over the weekend, more for honing practise than anything. It has some quite bad rust pits, but the bevel is in good nick. The tang has a Sheffield stamp on it, but the rest is not decipherable. I still need practise with the hones, but it gave a good enough shave.​

left the weekend growth and tackled with 3 day growth with a R41 + polsilver blade.. one of the best shaves i can remember having, super close and totally smooth comfortable shave. The yaqi badger is such a nice brush to use, tomorrow i will give my favorite synthetic the yaqi badger a go so i can compare.

Brush: Yaqi Silvertip Badger
Soap: Tabac Original
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Polsilver (2)
Post-shave: A&E Signature Splash

Status
Not open for further replies.