Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rockwell 6S@R6 w/Polsilver
Yaqi two band finest
MWF
Thayers Lemon

Overloaded the soap and had to POUR water into the brush!
Still a great shave but could have been a lot better if I had more patience and added even more water.

20190810-092957-1.jpg

Pre: Mr Joes glycerin soap
Brush: Wild West Brushworks “Amethyst Water”
Soap: Barrister and Mann Reserve Spice
Razor: Karve SS #0003 with C plate
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)

No shower prep today as I wanted to get moving befor me the rains come back and spoil my dog walking.

The pre shave glycerin soap seemed to do a good job to prepare the face for shaving and the B&M lather was again supremely built right on the face.

The blade felt a touch tuggy for the first go but from the second pass it had smoothed out nicely and gave a great 2 pass shave.

Finished up with the Floid and I reckon I have another week left of it. It won’t be replaced in my den.

Pre: Warm shower
Brush: TF Custom
Soap: Squadron Dutch Resistance
Razor: Karve CB: OC - C Plate
Razor: DC Gentlemens' Monkey
Blade: Kai No markings so only going by what I'm told, 5th use (a record of me)

First shave with a straight, well cheeks and lower neck anyway. No weepers, bleeders or arterial spray. Very impressed with how close a shave is achieved. Also bloody terrified with how sharp the Monkey is.
The Kai blade is also a star. I'm 5 shaves in and may get another before it has to be changed out. With every other blade tried so far, 3 or 4 has been the max. It must be said that the Kai blades are not the smoothest and the first couple of strokes will have you pondering your life choices. But hang in there and you will be rewarded.
first.jpg

Date:- 10 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- The Club ~ The Novelist Goats Milk & Lanolin
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / Voskhod #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss Intense

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Astra Blue (2)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Squadron Soap Dispatch Rider

The polar opposite to yesterdays disaster shave. The Merkur 34C was such a delight to use and paired with the Astra Blue it shaved super smooth. Two shaves in and I might actually enjoy the Astra Blues more than the Greens but time will tell :) Top notch soap and although the scent isn't my favourite it goes well with Brut so no complaints... Happy shaves!

tSSlsMdh.jpg

Soap: Chiseled Face - Civet
Brush: 20mm Master Badger
Razor: Schick G Type Injector
Blade: Personna (1)
AS: APR Alfredus Choice
:D:joyful: Mmm Mm, that was goood! BBS from the injector though it's a little on the mild side so a few weepers to go. Civet is special.

Pre: Warm shower
Brush: TF Custom
Soap: Squadron Dutch Resistance
Razor: Karve CB: OC - C Plate
Razor: DC Gentlemens' Monkey
Blade: Kai No markings so only going by what I'm told, 5th use (a record of me)

First shave with a straight, well cheeks and lower neck anyway. No weepers, bleeders or arterial spray. Very impressed with how close a shave is achieved. Also bloody terrified with how sharp the Monkey is.
The Kai blade is also a star. I'm 5 shaves in and may get another before it has to be changed out. With every other blade tried so far, 3 or 4 has been the max. It must be said that the Kai blades are not the smoothest and the first couple of strokes will have you pondering your life choices. But hang in there and you will be rewarded.
first.jpg
welcome to the straight razor gang.

r5Xela6.jpg

SOTD Sun 11/08/19

Pre: Hot Shower
Brush: Omega Boar
Shave Cream: Truefitt and Hill Unscented
Razor: Hart Steel 7/8"

Plenty of time on my hands today so stropped this one up for an excellent three pass shave. Great start for Sunday at home after a few weeks working Interstate.
Enjoy the rest of the Weekend!

GbtXhnA.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador (2/1.5)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin Chief Strawberry Amber
Lather: Mike's Bergamot, Orange, Ylang-Ylang
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend (y)

Date:- 11 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- The Club ~ The Novelist Goats Milk & Lanolin
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'B' / Polsilver Super Iridium #12
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Wolfman WR1,SB Standard Gap, WR2 Handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.
A very enjoyable shave with this combo.

Well my shave set up is not worth a post BUT I have been walking out on The Ledge -

4MtfjHWm.jpg

That tiny little protrusion at the top of the building you can JUST see is where I was standing -

y9nfRtNm.jpg

Been doing some shopping, needed a hat -

MxxI3lom.jpg

and t-shirt -

umO0oj2m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.