Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
wvxLlSkl.jpg

Wow I’m blown away every time I break out the Skye Fall scent. Paired absolutely beautifully with the Reserve Spice today.

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: JAWS
Blade: Nacet (2)
Brush: Omgea Boar
Soap: Tabac

WOW!!! Yday loaded a nacet with the R41, and this is never to be repeated. Today I put the same Nacet blade from yday into the JAWS to determine if the blade itself was the issue or just the previous days combo.

The nacet in this razor was quite smooth and certainly TAMED!! I was totally at ease during the shave and had a thoroughly enjoyable, with yet again, exceptional results.

There is a lot of love for this razor and it has certainly moved to #1 spot in my den.. next week i would like to compare the JAWS to the timeless a little more. The Joys of shaving :)

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Wolfman WR1,SB Standard Gap, WR2 Handle
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blades
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.
Fanbloodytastic shave this evening. Now going out for a hot date with the wife.

3N8ne8yl.jpg

Brush: Simpon Special Pure Badger
Razor: EJ89
Blade: Croma (3)
Soap: Mine - Lavender
A/S: Thayers Medicated and Tabac Balm

Loving this brush. Thayers was needed to help with a bit of irritation on my neck, the Croma blade is a bit rougher than my usual blades, needs a more respect than I'm used to giving.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream:
APR / Squadron Soap LE Collaboration Australians All Shaving soap
Razor:
Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (1)
Post-shave: APR / Squadron Soap LE Collaboration Australians All splash
Fragrance:
N/A

A midday shave two weeks in the making. So good to be home and so much thanks to @Tony Forsyth, @todras and @SchoolForAnts for wonderful Aussie products!

lk0kd8Fl.jpg

On my last day in the US, getting my morning 'Starbucks' this fine gentleman came in and ordered his coffee.

a0R1qYll.jpg

Seems Colorado is an open carry state.

Am glad we just have milk crates ...

Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: APR / Squadron Soap LE Collaboration Australians All Shaving soap
Razor: Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Fragrance: N/A

A midday shave two weeks in the making. So good to be home and so much thanks to @Tony Forsyth, @todras and @SchoolForAnts for wonderful Aussie products!

lk0kd8Fl.jpg

On my last day in the US, getting my morning 'Starbucks' this fine gentleman came in and ordered his coffee.

a0R1qYll.jpg

Good to see you back @Mark1966

Soap/Cream: APR / Squadron Soap LE Collaboration Australians All Shaving soap
Razor: Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Fragrance: N/A

lk0kd8Fl.jpg

a0R1qYll.jpg

He maybe a former law enforcement and he’s allowed to carry a firearm in his state, any law enforcement who served there duties for many years are allowed to carry a firearm after they retired in any state in America.

He maybe a former law enforcement and he’s allowed to carry a firearm in his state, any law enforcement who served there duties for many years are allowed to carry a firearm after they retired in any state in America.

Incorrect. There are provisions in Denver subsuming this Federal Statute.

Several states have have legislation that subsumes the provision of LEOSA, New York in particular. Further, any business or concern can prohibit the possession of weapons while on premises by displaying a 'Firearms Prohibited' notice, Federal or State authorities or departments not withstanding. This does not mean that sworn, serving LEO cannot enter with firearms, the prescriptions pertain to civilians or retired serving officers.

The gentleman in the picture may be in an open carry state, or may have simply applied for a permit in his jurisdiction - the practise in the US is very common and is entirely lawful being a regular citizen, having served or not. open carry permits are very common, the restrictions around concealed carry are much more stringent in most jurisdictions within the US.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.