Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Thater boar brush
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw/The Club Madison Avenue shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword 'French Browns' (9)
Post-shave: Wholly Kaw/The Club Madison Avenue after shave lotion
Fragrance: N/A

Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: PAA CaD
Razor: Rockwell 6C Plate 5
Blade: Persona Platinum (2)
Post-shave: PAA CaD AS Splash

32687374738_d822cf798c_c.jpg

Finally tried my Rockwell 6C razor with the R1/ R3 plate with a Gillette Silver Blue blade. Decent shave, could've been better but I still have three more plates to try.
Just to make sure: every plate is actually 2 plates, depending on the side you use - so you have 6 plates in total.

So one side is the R1, if you flip the plate around, you are using the R3...

Finally tried my Rockwell 6C razor with the R1/ R3 plate with a Gillette Silver Blue blade. Decent shave, could've been better but I still have three more plates to try.

G'day @gillettedeguy,
Make sure when you assemble the Rockwell the plate number is facing in the direction of the handle not the blade.
Another factor is the choice of razor blades. I found the Astra Green works best for me. Experiment and have fun. :)

Last edited:
Rockwell 6S (4)
Lord Racer (3)
Dove Beauty Cream Bar
Omega 48
Re-lather and rinse

Another go with the Dove bar. Post shave is a big part of the experience for me. While this doesn’t feel the slickest or most protective soap in use, the results have always been sublime to the point where using a post shave product would ruin it. The protection must be there because I am yet to get one weeper with this soap...

The curved puck makes it easy to rub on a wet face so “loading” takes next to no time at all. It also appears to be removing the soap scum from my Rockwell too !

The big boar is a perfect match for this soap, which accepts water readily so isn’t that slow to get to the drippy stage once you know how. It also gives you a lot of notice before breaking down, which is nice.

This is probably the best soap I have tried for shaving, going by the results. Now I have to try the Shea / aloe / etc versions...

IMG-20190102-085856-01.jpg

When you're getting married there is no substitute for your best razor with APR and Squadron's Australian's All. Florian EdT too. Wish me luck!! :cool:

Praying it all goes well mate - congrats!

When you're getting married there is no substitute for your best razor with APR and Squadron's Australian's All. Florian EdT too. Wish me luck!! :cool:
Nice! Best wishes for today. Was thinking of you this morning as I was loading up the Gillette Red. 👍

Congratulations. @Greenpike. All the best mate.

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.95 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather (2)
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve Florian
The Timeless razor returned home :).

Status
Not open for further replies.