Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: iKon Shavecraft 101 Dual Head + RR Halo handle // Muhle R41
Blade: Polsilver SI (2 // 3)
Pre: Shower + Nivea Face Wash
Soap: Fat Face Jaffa
Post: Vaseline Intensive Care moisturiser // Proraso white balm

The last two pre-work shaves using the Fat Face soap. I enjoyed the ease at which the iKon Dual OC/Scalloped SB head mowed down my beard growth. I struggled to distingusih between each side at first as the shave was smooth and efficient. Second shave with the 'Beastly' R41 was slow as I had minor growth and I could've easily stopped at two passes but in my search for a BBS I stupidly tried an extra pass and was left with a few nicks on my trouble spots. No irritation thank goodness... High praise on the performance of the vegan soap base as my skin felt great post shave. Not so sure on the Jaffa scent but otherwise some top class shaves (y) Happy shaves!

xuWstMnl.jpg

Acqua Di Parma Oil
Acqua Di Parma Cream
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
Feather Artist Club
Schick
XJ Kampuchea Noir
Hojari Frankincense

Hand me down my walking cane...

Ha8uiUbl.jpg

Late shave today after a quick trip to the vets for a (yet another) broken tooth on poor Chloe! Pippa just has no concept of slowing down when racing towards her or anyone for that matter!

The Karve OC/D mowed down 2 days with ease in 2 passes. A few tiny dots of blood here or there, but some alum stopped all bar one and the styptic fixed that one up easily.

Finish off with some matching Old Spice aftershave and I watered it down a touch with some cold water in my palm and I had zero burn from it. Simply splendid shave overall.

a discussion about US gun laws
I'm not offended. Imagine a clothes washing machine that's out of balance. Spinning rapidly, bouncing around, not getting the job done and quickly damaging itself, the floor & walls, and the clothes it's supposed to be caring for. That's my view of my government. Both parties and all the goofy little subdivisions. It's a circus and the clown are in charge. Worse part is we paid & keep paying to watch the show.
Beautiful brush handle! The knot looks like a standard issue Tuxedo. Who made the handle? I've seen similar in a green with white style.

Beautiful brush handle! The knot looks like a standard issue Tuxedo. Who made the handle? I've seen similar in a green with white style.
It’s known as a “vendor blank” and purchased from Derek are Wild West Brushworks on Etsy. It’s my favourite brush handle I own by far. Yes it’s a normal tuxedo knot. These perform perfectly for my liking.

lHcxh4G.gif

Mystic Water Raspberry & Lemon
SP→2 VS Black badger
Suribachi & cool water
The Bunny / Wild comb
Schick "Chick" blade
Osage Rub & Florida Water

It's just after 11 PM on Sunday night here. Starting to cool down from the mid day high of 95F/ 35C with 90% humidity. I crushed a menthol crystal in the ceramic bowl, dissolved it with the alcohol in The Rub, and built my lather using the asymmetric Cypress handles brush. The wood came from dad's citrus orchard, mailed to my friend Jack in Osaka, Japan. The Virginia Sheng knot is dense and quite scritchy. I like it since I reminds me of a fairly new boar knot. Great lather from the soap though I almost lost the edible scent with the menthol overload. Took three full passes with the prototype injector built by Tom White over at The Shave Den, and a little clean up fiddling on my lower neck. No nicks & a smooth DFS result. In my palm I mixed The Rub & Florida Water, applied and took a second dose because it smelled and felt so good.

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.
Appreciating the little things in life. :)

IMG-4753.jpg

Nr6jmwOl.jpg

Back to early morning shave for today. Probably my preferred time to do my thang!

BBS from 2 passes with ease. Fresh Gillette green (Permasharp version) was pretty good. Not sure how this blade differs from the other green other than I believe one is Indian production and one Russian?

Love me some Ozymandias in the mornings!

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall shaving soap
Razor: Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (4)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall EDT

With @tim33z raving about this recently I had to give it a run - was not disappointed, it is amazing!

Kp66byil.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall shaving soap
Razor: Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (4)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Skye Fall EDT

With @tim33z raving about this recently I had to give it a run - was not disappointed, it is amazing!

Kp66byil.jpg
Oh look!

Some EdT....

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Timeless 0.95 SB
Blade: Polsilver (1)
Brush: Omega Boar
Soap: Mystic Waters Coconut and Sandalwood

I forgot how smooth the timeless is, especially loaded with a polsilver, giving a totally different experience. Will always have a place in the den.

What's your favourite gap on the WR2 mate?

It would depend on the shave, for everyday use the standard gap is right on the money. If I am in a hurry the 1.05mm is very effective with the 1.25 being ruthlessly efficient.

IMG-20190820-150615.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
Razor: Parker Variant (2 // 1)
Blade: Polsilver SI (4)
Bowl: Pererias Distructable bowel
Pre: Shower + Nivea Face Wash
Soap: APR Ozymandias
Post: Alum block // APR Ozymandias splash // Vaseline Intensive Care moisturiser

Bar a few small nicks, todays SOTD was humingly BBS=tastic!!! Love the scent & performance of this soap aswell as the weight and efficiency from the adjustable (y) Happy shaves :)

Pre: Warm water, Proraso Green
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley, C plate
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Proraso Green

IMG-4763.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.