Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
wbK4LmFl.jpg

This Murphy & McNeil duck and beef tallow soap is really excellent! It’s very soft in texture and can be scooped with ease if desired or as I do, load with a dry brush but dipped the brush tips in water to load very lightly from the tub. Spread the paste onto the face and then add water and lather up! It’s very nice to shave with and scent is great too! Slickness is top notch and post shave I would deem similar to Stirling or Grooming Dept duck bases.

Well worth getting some to try out!

Ah the favourite smelling (and performing) aftershave I own! It’s ideal for these super cold wet and windy Melbourne days!

Hey @todras heres a thought! Produce a scent profile and call it by an Aussie city that makes you think of that city’s distinguished feature.

I’m sure the Darwin guys would love to use a highly mentholated ‘crocodile’ smelling soap, or a pineapple scented Brisbane one. Adelaide could be ‘church’ scented?

You’ve never smelt a crocodile or you wouldn’t be saying that.

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: JAWS
Blade: Polsilver (1)
Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Soap: B & M Reserve Lavender

Another nice BBS. I think I liked the smoothness of the Rapria blade more so than the polsivler.. will need to A & B these two blades over the next week to confirm and throw in a comparison with the timeless for good measure :)

SOTW
IMG-20190909-080126.jpg

Brush: Omega
Razor: Blackland Sabre SE
Blade: Gem SE (6)
Pre: Shower + Nivea Face Wash
Soap: Squadron Soaps Dispatch Rider

I've been super busy so unable to post any SOTD posts. Had the pleasure of trying out the Sabre SE for the week with positive results, barring the one time I accidently cut my lip but that was down to poor technique. I'm unsure whether this was the more aggressive plate as it shaved super efficient with slow strokes. Has it convinced me to go and buy an SE probably not as I don't really need to stock up on SE blades but it shaves well and its a Blackland product so you know its well built and quality machined. Big thanks to @Pbgoose & @lerenau for the lend. Back to using the trusty DE razors... Happy shaves!

Proraso red pre shave
Merkur 1904 clone with Personna Lab Blue (3)
GFT Rose Cream
P&C Platypus 26mm fan
Nivea ASB
CK Obsession

Conventional 3 pass shave to deal with the result of not shaving all weekend. Nice DFS. This cream is hard to read - it's too firm to scoop and is more like a really soft croap. If you treat it like a croap though you end up with buckets of lather by the time you get enough water into it. But 10 seconds of swirling this morning wasn't quite enough for the third pass, although as usual the badger held onto most of it also. Probably needs more like 15 seconds of swirling with the badger and 10 with my big boars...

Today’s afternoon fight update -

Was just going home and we had to return to SYD because of problem passengers. Cops onboard and all when we landed. How exciting!

Means my flexible fare was a waste between the wind and now this!

Today’s afternoon fight update -

Was just going home and we had to return to SYD because of problem passengers. Cops onboard and all when we landed. How exciting!

Means my flexible fare was a waste between the wind and now this!
Do you get the extra frequent flyer points and status credits for the distance travelled on the first part of the flight before you return to base?

Do you get the extra frequent flyer points and status credits for the distance travelled on the first part of the flight before you return to base?

Now THAT is a good idea - but I think I will have enough to requalify for Platinum without them.

Rockwell 6S@R5 w/nacet
Semogue 1305 boar
Speick
Anherb balm

Speick soap is just wonderful! It smells great and does everything perfect!

The 1305 boar was great, as always!

20190909-113108-1.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac original
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard

IMG-4806.jpg

5BHqFPH.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin Lotus
Lather: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I hope you all have a marvelous start into the new week (y)

wbK4LmFl.jpg

This Murphy & McNeil duck and beef tallow soap is really excellent! It’s very soft in texture and can be scooped with ease if desired or as I do, load with a dry brush but dipped the brush tips in water to load very lightly from the tub. Spread the paste onto the face and then add water and lather up! It’s very nice to shave with and scent is great too! Slickness is top notch and post shave I would deem similar to Stirling or Grooming Dept duck bases.

Well worth getting some to try out!

Ah the favourite smelling (and performing) aftershave I own! It’s ideal for these super cold wet and windy Melbourne days!

Hey @todras heres a thought! Produce a scent profile and call it by an Aussie city that makes you think of that city’s distinguished feature.

I’m sure the Darwin guys would love to use a highly mentholated ‘crocodile’ smelling soap, or a pineapple scented Brisbane one. Adelaide could be ‘church’ scented?
Great idea, the APR states issue.
Every six months he hits a city up.
Darwin, you've got that covered already. Adelaide the city of churches so incense based scent. Melbourne, coffee and linen. Canberra, debauchery & library smells (for some strange reason). Sydney, blue gums and coastal.
Hobart, to scared to share.

Darwin is tropical fruits with beer & cheap white wine the last time I visited. Maybe passion pop with a touch of FIFO.

Soap. Check
Razor. Check
Blade. Check
Brush. Check
Lather bowl. Check
S.A.S. Check​
Photo check. Interesting angle you pulled off there (y) Had to check the list but ended up working it out by the photo alone :cool:
Well almost :shame:

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Vulfix old original pure badger
Soap: ARKO
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R6)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless Steel (6)

No picture today; ARKO isn’t worth the effort

Status
Not open for further replies.