Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
NtkgOhGh.jpg

Soap: Pb Camphorwood Rocker
Brush: Vie Long Black Horse American Barber Style
Razor: Game Changer .84
Blade: Kai (1)
The Kai was a much better match to the GC .84-P than the OC.

Are you enjoying the RR GC?. I loaned mine to a work colleague for a test drive. :giggle:

Are you enjoying the RR GC?. I loaned mine to a work colleague for a test drive. :giggle:
Yes!! I can attribute two of my razor purchases to @Nico now. I liked the GC-P so much I bought the OC as well. I wondered whether when I got the OC whether the P would take a back seat but this mornings shave shows how the P is still very much in play. Some blades just suit the P better than the OC. They both sit very nicely in the mid aggressive range so could be used as daily drivers. The other good thing about having the two is if you loan one you've still got a GC in the stable. :) I'm very glad you took your GC to the Canberra meet that day. :)(y)

😂 sorry mate.. This soap that will go flying around the room if face lathering with abandon, is this why you don’t like it? Or is it the actual quality?

I start with a quite dry but damp brush and don’t overload with soap initialled
Don't get me wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed the soap and the scent. I have been perfecting my technique since watching the videos posted by @Ozwhisker and face lathering with B&M just did not provide as much body or slickness as Stirling, TEXAUS or MACA Aloe. I also noticed a lot of water still in the brush and not combining with the soap. It may even be because it was first shave and the soap was a bit hard and dry, I didn't bloom.
A quality product that will keep in the rotation and buy again after completing the rest of the wish list. Have not started on Squadron, Wholly CAW, Chatillon Lux or APR (1) yet, and other staples such as Cella or Euro Palmolive:)
The humidity is on the increase so I can move off the Stirling without irritation, plenty good shaves ahead.

Looks dry out there mate.
gVdC2wXl.jpg

Yep. Dry. Our kitchen window looks out on this yard which we've always kept grassed. We're on water restrictions and can still water some garden to try and keep stuff alive but it's just too dry to try and keep lawn alive. We keep the lawn alive around the clothes line to keep the dust down.

gVdC2wXl.jpg

Yep. Dry. Our kitchen window looks out on this yard which we've always kept grassed. We're on water restrictions and can still water some garden to try and keep stuff alive but it's just too dry to try and keep lawn alive. We keep the lawn alive around the clothes line to keep the dust down.
Wow :wideyed: I bet you’re wife is having a real hard time trying to keep the washing and the clothes clean hanging on the line.

I worried everyday to all the local country towns and farmers when it comes to water restrictions for those are doing very tough.

Wow :wideyed: I bet you’re wife is having a real hard time trying to keep the washing and the clothes clean hanging on the line.

I worried everyday to all the local country towns and farmers when it comes to water restrictions for those are doing very tough.

Yep, we're one of lucky ones at this stage, I've a wage coming in every week. I visited Canbelego a month ago and the local fellow I was working with said the local farmers are up to the stage of not knowing whether to shoot their remaining stock or shoot themselves.

Yep, we're one of lucky ones at this stage, I've a wage coming in every week. I visited Canbelego a month ago and the local fellow I was working with said the local farmers are up to the stage of not knowing whether to shoot their remaining stock or shoot themselves.
I’ve been there before seeing farmers shooting the remaining lives stock, seen animals struggling to survive on four legs and it’s not bloody easy for farmers seeing them in tears with a rifle.

Pre-shave:hot shower
Brush: Mysterious space synth
Soap: A&E Grecian horse
Razor: jaws
Blade: polsilvet

Back in Adelaide and this evenings lather was just as good and easy to make as ydays.. super slick and whipped up in no time so nothing to do with the water hardness

Date:- 15 September 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Simpson Chubby 2 Synth. Silvertip Fibre 27/50mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soaps ~ Ramblin' Man (sample)
Razor/Blade:- Standard Razor / Gillette 7 O'Clock Black Super Platinum #3
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve / Noble Otter LE TEXAUS shaving soap
Razor: Gillette L1 Slim Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' (1)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve / Noble Otter LE TEXAUS splash
Fragrance: N/A

Definitely warming up

YPoUMZ9l.jpg

TOBS Royal Forest

Just a heads-up/warning to anyone considering the Taylor of Old Bond St Alcohol Free Aftershave (Glass bottle in the picture). Aside from having a very low fragrance component, this product burns like crazy.

This product contains an excessive quantity of either DHM or Tetra DHM and on application to the face it produces a strong allergenic reaction (Stinging and burning for 10 mins) despite it being an oil based, non alcohol aftershave.

I have used it 3 times now and have experienced burning on each occasion. The aftershave balm is absolutely fine, its very well scented and soothes very effectively. The overall fragrance is nice being an iteration of Creed without the gauche pinapple element common to most imitations.

I have requested a full list of allergens from the headquarters of TOBS in the UK and will provide my findings here when they respond, I am almost 100% certain the culprits are DHM or Tetra DHM as I can smell them so strongly in the aftershave spray, but not in the balm.

If you have sensitive skin, or want to avoid the burning likely to be experienced by using this product then do not buy the Taylors of Bond St Royal Forest Aftershave. I am not trying to be alarmist or scare anyone, just letting you folks know that this aftershave completely sucks and burns to high hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.