Status
Not open for further replies.
UU68Sh1l.jpg

Brush: Simpson Special Pure Badger
Razor: EJ 3one6
Blade: English Wilky
Soap: Mine
A/S: Nivea Deep Comfort
Where did you get that aftershave from, I’ll bet you’re Wilky is your 12th shave??

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: Barrister and Mann Seville
Razor: Muhle R41 🧨
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Post: Proraso Post Shave Stone, Barrister and Mann Seville

Much better experience second time around with the R41, possibly because there was a 2 day growth to mow through this time. Will be interesting to see what tomorrow will be like with another one day growth. I suspect that this razor is in its element when there’s a lot of beard to tackle, but is too aggro (for most people) as a daily shaver

0LWf5ad.jpg

Queens Birthday SOTD
Pre:
Cool water shower
Brush: Zenith Boar (I like this brush but OH LORDY! she's a shedder)
Cream: Hawkins & Brimble
Razor: Parker made in Tokyo from Swedish best silver steel
Post: Proraso Sandalwood & Shea ASL, Proraso Sensitive Balm

A rare lazy day, plenty of time, so broke out a straight this morning. It's been a long time since this razor went for a spin. Holds a really nice edge, twenty laps on leather for a great three pass shave.
Have a Great week all!

I think you've answered my question. I really wanted to give Zenith the benefit of the doubt and try another but if yours is shedding too I will refrain. The Zenith knots have a beautiful face feel but that shedding is seriously annoying.

Are you saying synthetic brushes never shed!
Yep!! my synthetic is over two years old and still going which are
Simpson Chubby 2 Synth. Silvertip Fibre 27/50mm knot
Yaqi Moka Express Synth. 24/53mm knot
Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot

One-year-old synthetic and still going which are
Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot

About six months old (I think) synthetic and still going which are
Vie-Long Synth. Silvertip Extra Soft Faux Horn 27/52mm knot

Less than two months old synthetic and still going which are
Epsilon Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 26/52mm knot
WCS Honeycomb (Blue) Synth. Tuxedo 26/56mm knot
WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot

Last edited:
obqLB0v.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip Badger
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Claddagh
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: NOS Personna P74 Med Prep (3)
Scent: APR The Santal EdP

It is no exaggeration to say that this evening's shave was exceptional. I continue to be impressed with the Murphy and McNeil soaps. They are very easy to lather, and the sheen generated has to be seen to be believed. The P74 blade, securely held by the Blackbird, glided around my face with ridiculous ease, allowing me to get very close blade/skin contact yet with a very light touch. Three supremely comfortable passes and I am BBS.
Decided to treat myself to a splash of APR's The Santal - the purest expression of sandalwood that I have encountered.

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: SV 70th Anniversary shaving soap
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless (2)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Aqua di Sydney shaving soap splash
Fragrance: Aqua di Gio

Taking a day's leave after the long weekend to spend some time with my wife after all the travel recently. Decided we would have an urban exploration day, public transport and walking around Canberra - hope the weather stays fine ...

9oJiO98l.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: JAWS
Blade: Persona Platinum
Brush: Yaqi Synth Tuxedo 24mm
Soap: B & M Reserve Lavender

Five days without a shave!! Havnt done that since begging DE shaving and what a test for the JAWS. There was quite a bit of hair to get through and it was mowed down with exceptional ease, smooth BBS, happy days..

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Karve SS OC/C
Blade: Gillette Green Permasharp
Brush: Wild West Brushworks
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Claddagh

Similar shave to yesterday, but with the cooler weather, time to bust out some Ozymandias again. I love this scent and am looking forward to the Raconteur release from @todras

The soap is a clear winner in my book, absolutely top quality lather each and every time.

I think you've answered my question. I really wanted to give Zenith the benefit of the doubt and try another but if yours is shedding too I will refrain. The Zenith knots have a beautiful face feel but that shedding is seriously annoying.
The Semogue 1460 Boar has been used daily for the past 2 years and not shed a hair. Mostly face lathering except for the odd diversion to try something new. Not shedding any hair, only paint :)
So comfortable and well broken in that I stripped the rest of the paint and rubbed some olive oil in to get another 12 months out of it
aJyOGlU.jpg
vzPBqeI.jpg

The Semogue 1460 Boar has been used daily for the past 2 years and not shed a hair. Mostly face lathering except for the odd diversion to try something new. Not shedding any hair, only paint :)
So comfortable and well broken in that I stripped the rest of the paint and rubbed some olive oil in to get another 12 months out of it
aJyOGlU.jpg
vzPBqeI.jpg
(y) And you really can't go wrong for $17 from The Stray Whisker (currently out of stock), but I'm after another big boar.

(y) And you really can't go wrong for $17 from The Stray Whisker (currently out of stock), but I'm after another big boar.

May I suggest the Omega 20248. The banding treatment really does seem to step it up a notch in the smaller sizes so it's next on my list for a big boar...

May I suggest the Omega 20248. The banding treatment really does seem to step it up a notch in the smaller sizes so it's next on my list for a big boar...
I’ve got the Omega 10048. Same diameter as the 20248 but taller loft which I like. The Zeniths are also high loft so I’ll be looking for something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.