Head: Headblade Moto
Face: RR Mamba
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Bowl: Pereira's Unbreakable Shaving Bowl
Pre: Shower + Nivea face wash
Soap: Squadron Soap Sweetheart

Musk goodness :love: Happy shaves!

i1riLBVl.jpg

I'm no guru in using badger brushes, but i'm having a guess that this brush has finally broken in properly. The feel on the face is luxuriously soft, and i'm able to load enough soap that it doesn't dissipate for subsequent passes. It could also be that i'm no longer babying the thing. Not to mean i am mashing the crap out of it, but i am swirling the brush (and then painting).

The D plate again gave a super close and extremely comfortable shave. This was on the 4th use of the Nacet blade.

Something else i learned today was that not all alum blocks are created equal. When i first commenced DE shaving back around 2013 i had an Osma Alum Bloc which i used periodically. At some point i dropped the fucker and it exploded like a big night out at the local curry house, but i still had some remnants i was using quite successfully after every shave. When they had gone, i got an Omega Alum stick which had a nice plastic case i thought would be ideal for use while travelling. The thing i found with this one was that it would provide for more alum 'burn' than the Osma did, but i continued using it after every shave. After some time, the stick came loose from the holder anyway, but then i noticed that the insides of the stick were beginning to 'crumble'. Not sure why but it was completely different to the osma in texture. Fast forward to yesterday and i received a brand new Osma bloc from vshod and used it this morning. I feel this is by far and away my favourite alum block to use. I read ages ago that some are cut and other are pressed alum. I think the pressed alum must crumble in some respects. Be interesting to hear from some of you who know anything on different types of alum blocks...

TLDR - Great shave with great brush and Osma alum bloc is the best for my face.

YwY07a6.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Hucklaration
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Terrific spring shave - happy days!

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday (y)

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac original
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard

IMG-5057.jpg

SOTD
  • Brush: TF Custom w/Bob Quinn 26mm
  • Soap: Declaration Grooming Milksteak Sample (courtesy of @todras )
  • Razor: Wolfman WR2 0.95mm
  • Blade: Voskhod (3)
  • Aftershave: Mysrol Cool
  • Fragrance: (shudders to admit) Dior Sauvage EDT

Normally I'm not a fan of lathering samples out of a bowl, and find performance is better when lathering from a tub. Not this morning. Really easy to dial in, took a respectable amount of water but didn't need to go crazy like some. Glide for days, both primary and residual. Post shave I used Myrsol as it doesn't have as many skinfoods present as other post shaves I own, and sitting here now still very impressive. I haven't used Sri's new base from WK, but this deserves a purchase (makes me even more keen to try to get a set of Massacre of the Innocents (PDM Herod)).

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate with 14 mm x 85 mm dimpled handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac original
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard

IMG-5057.jpg
Wilma been calling you again Fred :smuggrin:

Date:- 13 November 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Cheshire
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'D' / Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

dj4Lnkq.jpg

Got my mojo back with the R41 this morning. Nice smooth shave with no burn or bleeders just a bit of blade drag.
Commands more respect than Piccolo and JAWS. Better pairing with a sharper blade (feather, nacet, polsilver). Considering a shorter handle in future
Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Semogue - Excelsior 1460 Boar
Soap: Squadron- Scramble
Razors: R41
Blade: Astra SP
Post-shave: Squadron - Scramble

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: @Tony Forsyth 2019 P&C Auction Custom Gold/Pearl Manchurian 2 Band Finest 24mm Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Coronet Fougere shaving soap
Razor: Vintage EverReady "E" bar
Blade: GEM (5)
Post-shave: Squadron Soap Coronet Fougere splash
Fragrance: N/A

Another great shave! Loving playing with the SE for a change.

Have a great Thursday guys :)

JJrp55wl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.