Status
Not open for further replies.
Wc6dCXSl.jpg

Soap: Pb Drachenblut
Brush: Vie-Long Horse/Badger
Razor: Peerless
AS: PAA Sangre De Drago

xhsZ4Bk.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap,Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Cream: Nõberu Sandalwood
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette 'Swede' (10)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Balm
Scent: Australian Private Reserve Santal

A very comfortable three-pass shave on a four day growth for a DFS+ result. The Feather AS-D2, paired with a sharp blade like the venerable Gillette 'Swede', effortlessly removes even the toughest bristles. The blade seemed quite pleased to be paired with a fellow Swede in the form of Nõberu shaving cream.
Whilst the photo shows Mancera Cedrat Bois, I changed my mind after the shave, and in its place used the wonderful APR Santal - an absolutely pure expression of sandalwood.

Mini-Review - Nõberu Sandalwood Shaving Cream

This cream, like the previous GFT cream I used, is relatively firm - approaching a 'croap'. The scent strength is light-mid in the container, and opens up a touch further when lathered. The dominant note is sandalwood, but to my nose there was a fresh, almost minty base note. It brought to mind the chocolate-mint combination often used for confectionary, although in this case you substitute sandalwood for chocolate. I found it unusual, but pleasant enough.
The performance was very good. It lathered very easily - an almond-sized quantity comfortably produced enough for three passes. The razor glide was very good with this cream. Slickness was good, and again the residual slickness was respectable, but not as good a top tier tallow soaps.
In summary, I liked this product, but the scent was not quite to my taste.

pMTVG8J.jpg

I was disappointed by the Personna Med Prep in GC-84P, so thought I would give it a go in the Piccolo
Still disappointed. I guess it's the perception that something made for hospital use would be better than quality DE blades and because I read on another forum these were the sharpest blades available.
A decent blade but not a Feather or Nacet/Polsilver for that matter.
Ben Franklin is a very warm spicy scent like a warm cup of spicy chai masala
Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: Semogue - 1460 Boar
Soap: Stirling - Ben Franklin
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Personna Med Prep (3)
Post-shave: Stirling - Ben Franklin Splash and Balm

Last edited:
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Lixiviant shaving soap
Razor: Replated Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (1)
Post-shave: APR Lixiviant splash
Fragrance: APR Lixiviant EDP

Nothing says Christmas like Lixiviant and the weather in CBR today is very winter Christmas!

P5FQbyNl.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: JAWS
Blade: Feather
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Pony
Soap: Mystic Waters Adriondack Jack

The Jaws + feather is without doubt the most efficient combo while retaining a high level of smoothness.. The perfect solution for taking on a two day growth.. A smooth irritation free BBS is the best way to start the working week

49154429757_8e7dc1ce9d_b.jpg

Sorry for lack of a photo - but everyone's photos look really cool throughout lately...

Pre: shower
Brush: Paladin PK-47
Soap: Shaver Heaven Spiced Mahogany
Razor: WR2
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)

The much cooler weather screamed for a change of soap and splash today...

Rockwell 6S@R6 w/Polsilver
Yaqi two band "Panda"
SV MdiS
Arko lavender ASB

First use of the two band and it was soft and very dense! As a kung-Fu panda fan, I love the handle!!
Would have been awesome with the actual kung-fu panda on it lol

The arko balm is surprisingly great! Really nice on the skin, not greasy and the scent is a natural lavender.

20191202-103959-1.jpg

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Wolfman WR2, SB 0.95 Gap, WRH7 Handle
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captains Blend
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG-5117.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: iKon Shavecraft 102 slant + OSS handle
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platnium (4)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira's Destructible Shaving Bowl
Soap: Wickham Soap Co 1912 Citrus Musk sample
Post: Thayers Aloe & Lemon Witch Hazel // G&M Australian Lemon & Tea Tree Cream

First shave with this soap sample and early impressions are very positive. I was generous with the amount I used and the 30mm quickly rewarded me with plenty of creamy lather with fabulous cushioning and post shave feel. I really enjoyed the scent from the bowl with some sweetness but didn't really notice the hints of musk :( Only downside being the smoothness of the blade as I failed to achieve the desirable results from the past 3 shaves as the Rubie was super smooth shave but a tad on the milder side on the efficiency scale... Happy shaves!

Date:- 02 December 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Fougere Angelique (Limited Edition)
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'D' / Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Whisky:- Crown Royal Black Canadian (triple) :happy::joyful:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.