Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Merkur 39C - I don't know why a daily shaver would enjoy this razor but I do... Go figure
Ditto: 39c with Feather was my favorite combo (unbeatable) for 6 months or more. The only reason I changed was to get more shaves out of a blade, but then down the aggro razor hole I went

No BS but I sometimes wonder if every blue moon you stumble across a really good blade 1 in 1000. Will see how the Polsilver goes next

y9su4XJl.jpg

Wonderful smooth shave. ‘Nuff said...

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Lightning Ridge shaving soap
Razor: Replated Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (2)
Post-shave: APR Lightning Ridge splash
Fragrance: APR Lightning Ridge EDP

The Lightning Ridge seemed appropriate after waking to a morning view like this -

4wTryr0h.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Timeless 0.95 SB
Blade: Wilkinson Sword
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Pony
Soap: Stirling Executive Man

Yesterday’s shave with the R41 left very little hair to cut this morning so I decided to go ATG all the way. Three ATG passes with the timeless resulted my best BBS to date, I just cant stop rubbing my mug. Love this soap, post shave feel is simply amazing!!

49195003868_08abd843ff_b.jpg

Whoa, Christmas Eve is only two weeks away! Time to engender the spirit of xmas with a scent or two that reminds me of that time of the year. Also needed a reminder of how good the Muhle R89 is and why it was selected by Gillette for their new DE razor. I had a really enjoyable, smooth shave.

Pre: Glycerine soap
Bowl: Rover lathering bowl
Brush: Muhle Chrome M89 21 mm Silvertip Badger
Razor: Muhle R89
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Soap: Stirling Christmas Eve
Balm: Stirling Mountain Man (based on Creed Silver Mountain Water cologne)

6_e5tLhiUvEV8Yg-iMzBmVRPpKbtHWxG4xqY1FVR-kPlP5qbGEqKOa16yWzWjo9rz_UqiHnseo2dLRP5JgS8y2elhYL9ks-j9FyyHEVLAWdfbQ4JqcvmGYlfYcnT5-6JpTWjeYJc2TllTrDuyqtZvHACIptUVSCi_i8TLn3OL8IoOcb5vC7U6h9azXHgTDeFmoogDYAdN6rH768h5b2XClNcacTZf-D8d9-3bAeEmnW9Z8rLU4OPWpN_Q79MGLnkxMmkvYTEOT3JJH9AkKbJg5PF_lcNKoc7koGvUxkv747Jwg1yI25XHIq-gpEQfuuuIma6oDJrvaACs_GjOKA59HqjNYZyl1y2eoiGv_ZR2JBB5yVvra3dIRa4XwwP92Rif0lutK1WF3ArLsKkog_3UIswrwG0c6wdZ4G-6xjxCT6cXcLajE6LXKaX611ltRShVxppI5NWpaxCTYvN7mnNiKan8bPXz2NZNZxa9blV3vS-ThGOOfMtRkM_PMAIuM9-0Pb1RsQfe5CqtI0yS18EX0V_nndCj-X08gxZP46BY1SxxJZdL6xBMkbOMIzMh75Rie6HFcpiNAmANRoankpmMOPYNoVfuwP7Es5b4AIlFgZQC3q-lt-hW3KEctgzjZrRkoffvbAccn1YRdQklcPZo07NULv7QyErn2mWJgOfzzGUbB3-ickAJbMV=w800-h446-no

8a4157f8509f1162423728efa6f01f5c-full.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Timeless Bronze OC
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum (4)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Fine Lather Bowl
Soap: A&E Frozen Mojitos - thanks @Nico

A simplistic 2 pass BBS with this combination. I had forgotten how efficient the OC was and made sure to take each stroke patiently as to avoid a potential bloodbath. Once I managed to find the correct angle I found that the Rubie shaved smoothly with very little drag or tugging and I walked away with only one little weeper under the nose. As for the soap (a hand me down from @Nico) it performed as expected from A&E with a citrusy scent more prominent in the splash than from the soap. Unfortunately the scent isn't too the misses liking and at closer inspection the tub does have an odd artificial smell which I also found with Asian Plum but no hindrance for me. Must be a lady thing as I'm told Mrs @Nico isn't a great fan either so the lady's must be onto something...? Happy shaves!

Date:- 10 December 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Fougere Gothiquen
Razor/Blade:- Game Changer 84P / Gillette Silver Blue #3
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

30W7WeH.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap,Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Balm
Scent: Alt Innsbruck Cologne

Back home, and true to my promise, whipped out a mentholated soap to provide some relief from the current heatwave.
Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango is still in my top 5 soaps - I love everything about this soap.
Back on home turf and with the full prep, the shave was a dream. Three comfortable and efficient passes for a BBS result.
A secondary menthol hit from the Alt Innsbruck was a delightful conclusion.

Machine: weber PH + UFO goliath prototype
blade: gillette blue
brush: Rudy Vey + Shavemac 2 band
soap: AP Reserve L.E. Haru, for spanish shavers
splash: AP Reserve L.E. Haru, for spanish shavers
EdP: AP Reserve Suitably attired summer

AP Reserve L.E. Haru, for spanish shavers

3hMUsh9.jpg

Wonderful shave. I found weber not being very efficient, as I am so used lately to the timeless .95 oc, so no BBS

Machine: weber PH + UFO goliath prototype
blade: gillette blue
brush: Rudy Vey + Shavemac 2 band
soap: AP Reserve L.E. Haru, for spanish shavers
splash: AP Reserve L.E. Haru, for spanish shavers
EdP: AP Reserve Suitably attired summer

AP Reserve L.E. Haru, for spanish shavers

3hMUsh9.jpg

Wonderful shave. I found weber not being very efficient, as I am so used lately to the timeless .95 oc, so no BBS

Not sure that this picture is blurry enough ... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.