Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coolabah
WTG, ATG and touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
Another sensational shave with this kit. I have owned the RAW for a year now. Still amazes me how smooth and efficient this razor is.

IMG-5155.jpg

Whoa, Christmas Eve is only two weeks away! Time to engender the spirit of xmas with a scent or two that reminds me of that time of the year. Also needed a reminder of how good the Muhle R89 is and why it was selected by Gillette for their new DE razor. I had a really enjoyable, smooth shave.

Pre: Glycerine soap
Bowl: Rover lathering bowl
Brush: Muhle Chrome M89 21 mm Silvertip Badger
Razor: Muhle R89
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Soap: Stirling Christmas Eve
Balm: Stirling Mountain Man (based on Creed Silver Mountain Water cologne)

6_e5tLhiUvEV8Yg-iMzBmVRPpKbtHWxG4xqY1FVR-kPlP5qbGEqKOa16yWzWjo9rz_UqiHnseo2dLRP5JgS8y2elhYL9ks-j9FyyHEVLAWdfbQ4JqcvmGYlfYcnT5-6JpTWjeYJc2TllTrDuyqtZvHACIptUVSCi_i8TLn3OL8IoOcb5vC7U6h9azXHgTDeFmoogDYAdN6rH768h5b2XClNcacTZf-D8d9-3bAeEmnW9Z8rLU4OPWpN_Q79MGLnkxMmkvYTEOT3JJH9AkKbJg5PF_lcNKoc7koGvUxkv747Jwg1yI25XHIq-gpEQfuuuIma6oDJrvaACs_GjOKA59HqjNYZyl1y2eoiGv_ZR2JBB5yVvra3dIRa4XwwP92Rif0lutK1WF3ArLsKkog_3UIswrwG0c6wdZ4G-6xjxCT6cXcLajE6LXKaX611ltRShVxppI5NWpaxCTYvN7mnNiKan8bPXz2NZNZxa9blV3vS-ThGOOfMtRkM_PMAIuM9-0Pb1RsQfe5CqtI0yS18EX0V_nndCj-X08gxZP46BY1SxxJZdL6xBMkbOMIzMh75Rie6HFcpiNAmANRoankpmMOPYNoVfuwP7Es5b4AIlFgZQC3q-lt-hW3KEctgzjZrRkoffvbAccn1YRdQklcPZo07NULv7QyErn2mWJgOfzzGUbB3-ickAJbMV=w800-h446-no
Picture isn't working on some platforms so here it is from another source
SOTD-10-12-2019.jpg

ceaz16M.jpg

I've joked about the mentholated cactus but this stuff is amazing during the build-up.
Calming and Icy are appropriate definitions. Not a Yeti Snot load of menthol but very cool and calming.(y)(y)

Pre-Shave: Shower - Body Shop Maca Root Aloe Calming Icy Shaving Gel
Brush: Semogue - 1460 Boar
Soap: Body Shop Maca Root Aloe Softening Shaving Cream
Razor: GC- 84P
Blade: Polsilver (1)
Post Shave: Body Shop Maca Root Aloe Calming Post Shave Water Gel

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage, butterscotch Simpson H2 boar shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Lightning Ridge shaving soap
Razor: Replated Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (3)
Post-shave: APR Lightning Ridge splash
Fragrance: APR Lightning Ridge EDP

To bookend yesterday - the sunset -

yLXr2OGl.jpg

One of the little things that are noticed when you travel a bit is the baristas in the lounges knowing your coffee order and making it as soon as they see you -

lcAYu3ll.jpg

One of the scary things is when this doesn't just happen in your home port but in SYD and MEL as well ...

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: K Shave Worx Baltimore Ravens (custom)
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven Artic Mango (vegan)
Razor: Karve
Post-shave: Alum block and The Stray Whisker after balm

Great shave with products that just work well for me. Still love the Shaver Heaven soap particularly that scent.

Today was basic survival only, no pre- or post- nacy stuff or shower even. Just slap on some gel stuff, whisk it around with brush for good luck and knock it down in a quick 2-way (WTG/ATG) and BBS still achieved.

Soap: King Of Shaves Sensitive Gel - Slick and works, stays clear so you can see where your going... I'm not real fussed with it to be honest, works fine just I'm a lather kinda guy and miss it.
Razor: Yaqi Marpat OC
Blade: GPS Perma Sharp - Yep, I do like these and will have to grab myself a decent amount of them. I likey!
Brush: Yaqi Marpat 2 Band Best Badger - No idea why I bothered with a brush when using Gel, waste of time but it matches the razor :censored:

i1q7KBY.jpg

VBdy2UU.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador (1.5/1)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin Sumo Lapis
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

A fantastic mid-week shave with this great setup - happy days

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday (y)

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Gillett Slim
Blade: Feather
Brush: Omega Boar
Soap: Stirling Executive Man

The boar is starting to break in I think , much better face feel and got a better lather today but still not as good as the yaqi synthetics.

3 pass shave all ATG, nice result but could def feel the feather needed binning.

49201059327_36abce43cd_b.jpg

Shower
Merkur 1904 (42c)
Personna Lab Blue (4)
P&C Platypus 26mm fan
Jabonman Hugo y Vanilla (?) *
Paco Rabanne A/S and EdT

* At the recent Perth GTG I wrote down this sample as such from the list and I can definitely smell the (sweet) vanilla, together with other things I can't identify. However I can find no reference to this soap version from Jabonman on the interwebs. Have I made a mistake - does anyone know?

In any case, the soap was very good but to pick it apart, it was a bit binary - when it was nice and thick it was too dry for my liking. Adding water to it made it break down (only a bit - not a lot like some soaps), which then made it nice and slick though. Post shave was nice. I couldn't find the right sweet spot for me to get moisture / slickness together with strength / thickness at the same time. But I am not good at loading from samples - I tried putting some of this one into a bowl but it kept foaming up with every addition of water and it took a lot of time to beat the bubbles out of it. Will try smearing it direct on my face next time... see if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.