Not open for further replies.
cAsS11ml.jpg

Brush: Vulfix 406 Boar
Razor: EJ 3one6
Blade: Rapira (4)
Soap: Mine - V6 Rosemary and Menthol
A/S: Tabac

ReB9Bh5.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Cream: Jack Black Supreme Cream
Razor: UFO Tornado / Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS Gillette Super Silver (2)
Scent: Farina Original 1709 EdC

A smooth and very close three pass shave with a BBS result. The cream performed very well, allowing the ultra-sharp vintage Gillette Super Silver blade to do the business with a minimum of fuss. All up a really nice shave. I am dropping the Witch Hazel from my routine for a trial period.

Mini-Review - Jack Black Supreme Cream

I was interested to try this cream, as I am a big fan of other Jack Black products, including their legendary Pit Boss Deodorant. The cream is very soft and of a consistency similar to toothpaste. The scent is delightful - a very classy herbaceous fougère. The scent strength is light-mid when lathering, and increases marginally during the shave.

The cream took a wee bit of time to lather up, and created a shiny lather of yogurt consistency, which I get mostly with soaps rather than creams. On the first pass, the thing that immediately struck me about this product was the cushioning - it was excellent. The packaging says "triple cushion shave lather", and they aren't kidding. This cushioning allowed for a fast and comfortable shave, as I glided the razor around my face with a light touch. Slickness during the shave was good, and residual slickness respectable. The post shave was also lovely.

In summary, I really liked this product and would consider purchasing it. Jack Black has clearly put a great deal of thought into its formulation, and it is a cream to be taking seriously in the wet shaving arena. It has a scent that I like a lot, has great cushioning, and has the feel of a luxury product. Well done, Jack Black!

wqFOsqRl.jpg

Being a sample that the entire thing was smushed into an empty tub, I warrant that this shouldn’t appear in the finished product sticky. It may or may not have had a few more uses remaining, but today it just wasn’t up to scratch. I’ve previously considered grabbing a block of this from the bay, as they are dirt cheap but a month of APR has me not bothering with lesser soaps, of which this Palmira is now one.

The shave it self was quite okay for a Monday with very little sleep. In other words, it’ll do for today.

And where is this trip taking you? Business or pleasure?

Business or pleasure? Hard to say, family holiday :ROFLMAO:

Takes us to -
  • Krakow (via Dubai and Warsaw)
  • Vienna (Christmas)
  • Prague
  • Berlin
  • Amsterdam
then home, again via Dubai. A couple of day trips along the way including to Antwerp.

BSy5loah.jpg

Soap: P&B ICENI
Brush: Vie-Long Horse/Badger
Razor: Sabre
Blade: GEM (6)
Slow start to the day after staging carols for a small country town last night. The cool thing with the small gigs is I get to be roady, sound engineer, transport, and bassist. I am rather tired today.

Business or pleasure? Hard to say, family holiday :ROFLMAO:

Takes us to -
  • Krakow (via Dubai and Warsaw)
  • Vienna (Christmas)
  • Prague
  • Berlin
  • Amsterdam
then home, again via Dubai. A couple of day trips along the way including to Antwerp.

You will be in my old home town over Christmas (y)(y)(y)

How long are you staying for? I will be come from the snow on the 28th...

Fantastic! I've done all those apart from Poland.
Have a great time! We look forward to some "other SOTD" shots...

My wife and I have both been to Amsterdam, separately on work trips - the way we seem to roll nowadays, but not to any of the others.

You will be in my old home town over Christmas (y)(y)(y)

How long are you staying for? I will be come from the snow on the 28th...

Yes, hoping for the whole white Christmas experience. This trip arose from a 'let's escape everyone coming to our place next year sweetie, maybe we could travel and have a white Christmas'. Unfortunately that comment was made within earshot of "children" who invited themselves along...

We arrive in Vienna 21 December and leave for Prague on 26 December - so you will still be whizzing down those mountains!

My wife and I have both been to Amsterdam, separately on work trips - the way we seem to roll nowadays, but not to any of the others.

Yes, hoping for the whole white Christmas experience. This trip arose from a 'let's escape everyone coming to our place next year sweetie, maybe we could travel and have a white Christmas'. Unfortunately that comment was made within earshot of "children" who invited themselves along...

We arrive in Vienna 21 December and leave for Prague on 26 December - so you will still be whizzing down those mountains!
Shame - would have loved to show you around...I am still quiet up to date in terms of Vienna as I go back quiet often. If you need any tips, please PM (good/not so good Christmas markets, food, etc)

In any case enjoy :D :D :D

Safe travels @Mark1966

Shame - would have loved to show you around...I am still quiet up to date in terms of Vienna as I go back quiet often. If you need any tips, please PM (good/not so good Christmas markets, food, etc)

In any case enjoy :D:D:D

I should have thought to pick your brain - but too late now, I have no brain capacity for more options!

Status
Not open for further replies.