Status
Not open for further replies.
9lXh6y0.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Paladin Sumo Lapis kindly donated by @todras
Lather: Declaration Milksteak
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Beautiful shave to start the week and the Milksteak lather was even better today...start this one dry and then add tons of water...

I hope you all have a great start into the new week (y)

Pre: Cold water face wash goats milk soap and beard oil
Razor: Rockwell 6S (plate N#4)
Blade: GPS/Perma Sharp (9/10) yes folks, my highest number of shaves from a single blade so far and I'm impressed. 3 way shave and still got a decent BBS without tugging hair or any weepers. Quite comfortable to be honest. Edit: wait, I think it's shaves 7&8 sorry.
Soap: Proraso Red
Post: Witch Hazel with Tea Tree and Beard/face moisturiser

n4hhQc7.jpg

Last edited:
Date:- 16 December 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Christmas Eve
Razor/Blade:- Game Changer 84P / Gillette Silver Blue #4
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Smt76v6l.jpg

Brush: Omega 83
Razor: Jack the Barber
Blade: Personna Blue
Soap: Mine - V6 Rosemary and Menthol
A/S: Saponicio Varesino Manna de Sicilia

Picked up the Jack the Barber razor at woollies today, for $12.00 how bad could it be? Surprisingly not a bad razor, a lot more aggressive than I thought it would be but still, very nice for the price.

17sjCwtl.jpg

Soap: Pb Phoenix MkII
Brush: 20mm Master Badger
Razor: GEM Junior
Blade: GEM (3)
AS: Squadron/APR Australians All
Nordost inspired me to pull out Phoenix today, my version of smokey orange. @Rabid Badger , can you describe the scent? It's product description sounds interesting.

Now I am not going to even try to recreate some of the more eloquent members that we have on here in terms of describing this scent, nor have I looked back at the description on Barrister and Mann's website., but here goes:

I grew up in the UK and to me this reminds me (to some degree) of mulled, but without the alcoholic burn. We also used to place cloves into whole oranges and after a while, when the orange had dried out and the skin become firm, the skin took on this really intense and concentrated orange smell. That is also what I get here. As for the smokiness, this develops when bowl lathering, but it is really subtle. I have only used it once, but I liked it so much that I went back to Beard and Blade to buy all their remaining stock. This is the only soap of which I have multiple tubs. I am now in the UK for Chistmas and this soap will be getting an extended run for my STOD pics. As for the excelsior base, really, really good.

Smt76v6l.jpg

Brush: Omega 83
Razor: Jack the Barber
Blade: Personna Blue
Soap: Mine - V6 Rosemary and Menthol
A/S: Saponicio Varesino Manna de Sicilia

Picked up the Jack the Barber razor at woollies today, for $12.00 how bad could it be? Surprisingly not a bad razor, a lot more aggressive than I thought it would be but still, very nice for the price.
My local didn't have any razors or none left maybe, but I did grab a tub of their shaving cream to try @Xmas

Now I am not going to even try to recreate some of the more eloquent members that we have on here in terms of describing this scent, nor have I looked back at the description on Barrister and Mann's website., but here goes:

I grew up in the UK and to me this reminds me (to some degree) of mulled, but without the alcoholic burn. We also used to place cloves into whole oranges and after a while, when the orange had dried out and the skin become firm, the skin took on this really intense and concentrated orange smell. That is also what I get here. As for the smokiness, this develops when bowl lathering, but it is really subtle. I have only used it once, but I liked it so much that I went back to Beard and Blade to buy all their remaining stock. This is the only soap of which I have multiple tubs. I am now in the UK for Chistmas and this soap will be getting an extended run for my STOD pics. As for the excelsior base, really, really good.
Haha, that’s where all the stock at Beard and Blade went to!
Have a great Christmas in the UK!
I might have a crack at a spiced smoky orange soap over Christmas.:)

jqreoEil.jpg

APR Raconteur
ABC Boar
Oneblade
Feather
Dior Dermo Aftershave
AJ Arabia Black One​

I thought the Raconteur was softer than the other F2 base I’ve had. This one is nearly finished approaching a month.

The Widian is nice enough, sneaky one, you think it’s spent and a lovely cloud wafts up.

l6Q38Gfl.jpg

C&E
WR2
Gillette Vintage Spoiler
Wild West Brushworks
Proraso Green Balm​

Really nice shave with this (unobtanium?) soap today. Hasn’t been used in a good 18 months I’d guess. I think it’s time it met its match!

I gets a bit of shit for not being the greatest soap and they seem to have constantly tweaked the formula up until they closed up shop recently. This one was a gift (aren’t all C&E’s gifts?) from Xmas 2 years ago. I find when I load for up to 2 minutes, I get a nice luxurious and creamy lather. The slickness is also pretty decent IME. The scent is also fine, for some reason I’ve been thinking it’s a summery scent but it would also be ideal in winter.

thought the Raconteur was softer than the other F2 base I’ve had. This one is nearly finished approaching a month.
My tub of Bombora would have looked like that when I transferred it to a wider dish for easier loading. It weighed close to 45g at that point (45/115g). But then it lasted me 4 additional shaves :LOL: for a total of 32.

OaEgEWt.jpg

Gillette Nacet
Rex Envoy
Yaqi Rainbow Brown
APR Fougere Trois Soap/Splash
Houbigant Fougere Royale

Brilliant shave with the new Envoy, smooth & efficient, nice feel/feedback and never felt it was going to bite me. Build quality is fantastic, heft feels great in hand - my favourite razor so far.

Shower
Merkur 42c
Personna Lab Blue (2)
P&C Platypus 26mm fan
Jabonman Huevo y Vainilla? sample from Perth GTG
Imperial Leather A/S

Not quite as hot this morning but this is definitely a winter scent - strong and sweet if you like that sort of thing (I now know that I don't). No point keeping a sample that long though and it's a good base so I'll work through it. Excellent cushion and glide when the foam is out of it, while the slickness and post shave is "good".

Great last Aussie shave for the year -

8opoMCJh.jpg

Amazing luxurious @Tony Forsyth brush whipping up a great lather from the collaboration soap from @todras and @SchoolForAnts with that nice menthol hint. The menthol will not be needed while I'm away!

Now to get the final things organised before the 29 hour journey to Krakow ...

Status
Not open for further replies.