Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Shower, Glycerine
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Arko
Razor: Rockwell 6C, Ikon Bamboo Handle (3)
Blade: Perma Sharp Super (4)
Post-shave: Cold water splash, Alum, TSW After Balm

Accidental Experiment,
Started my first pass and was noticing a bit of irritation then I realized that I had forgotten my pre shave, I didn't know if it was that or the blade was kaput. So onto the second pass and like the last shave I could hardly feel the blade so in conclusion it seems I need the pre shave to help with the first pass.

WAKE UP @tim33z - IT IS MONDAY!

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: The one, the only, ARKO! shaving soap
Razor: Vintage NEW head (replated) on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Post-shave: AoS Sandalwood Aftershave Gel
Fragrance: Penhaligons Halfeti

We are BACK! Got the team back together again for some more butterscotch (and ARKO!) goodness -

0w8J0gZl.jpg

Had a little help from @shavetheman -

GEI6Jrbl.jpg

WAKE UP @tim33z - IT IS MONDAY!

Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: The one, the only, ARKO! shaving soap
Razor: Vintage NEW head (replated) on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Post-shave: AoS Sandalwood Aftershave Gel
Fragrance: Penhaligons Halfeti

We are BACK! Got the team back together again for some more butterscotch (and ARKO!) goodness -

0w8J0gZl.jpg

Had a little help from @shavetheman -

GEI6Jrbl.jpg
Huh? Who dat? :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Oh. Just @Mark1966 and his early breakfast meetings with the PM and his butterscotch boys!!

nKiTk8Gl.jpg

Effortless shave with the Uncle Jon’s once again. The centre hole is growing rapidly. After this, I’m thinking a few more samples can be on call.

Ok so i finally grabbed the mergress.. the shave was the best (not one of) that i have ever had in my life, super close bbs and zero irritation, smoothest shave ever to date.... but would i buy it? not sure, will post thoughts in the hardware travelling box.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: The Warden - Squadron
Razor: Mergress settings 3.5 & 4
Blade: Persona Platinum
Post-shave: APR Florian Splash

2nZUv1fl.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Mystic Waters - Sandalwood Rose
Brush: Vie-Long Black Horse American Barber Style
Razor: Gillette Slim (8)
Blade: Dorco (2)
@Mark1966 , started that blade performance spreadsheet. Not sure how useful it will be as I'm playing by my rules i.e. same blade, different razors (I'm not maintaining same conditions, soap etc), plus not sure whether I want to stick with one brand of blade across all my DE's. We'll see. Already I'm having to adjust my scoring system to cater for the degree of performance. Anyway... the Dorco is off to a flying start, good allrounder, not startling performance but up there, so probably not as specific razor dependant as some blades.

Date: 18 February 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #12
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

t3603.gif
m1323.gif
...... 10 days to go for the whole month of Arko shave
t3609.gif

t3603.gif
m1323.gif
...... 10 days to go for the whole month of Arko shave
t3609.gif

I can see you are frustrated at the thought of ARKO! February concluding - but there is nothing to stop you extending this into March you know.

but there is nothing to stop you extending this into March you know.
Over my dead bloody body @Mark1966, when February is over, Arko will be finished, I’m going back into my normal wet shaving soaps rotation and I might be selling my whole box of 12 shitty Arko sticks. Will see.

Razor: Dovo, Bismark, 6/8
Brush: Sam and Son, 30mm silvertip
Soap: TOBS, peppermint cream

The tips on this brush are super soft, however I would like it to have more backbone. Still, a nice minty start to Monday

I don't know particulars about that brush but I always soak my silvertip brushes only two thirds of the way so that the knot retains better backbone.

Two bands OTOH, I soak the entire knot.

Over my dead bloody body @Mark1966, when February is over, Arko will be finished, I’m going back into my normal wet shaving soaps rotation and I might be selling my whole box of 12 shitty Arko sticks. Will see.

LOL
I had bought and sold my half dozen sticks back in 2010 after just a few uses.

Every shaving soap does what a shaving soap should do so I didn't see the need to keep arko around with it's boring, synthetic lemony scent.

Well, as others have indicated, there is always NEXT February but if you MUST sell them then maybe ...

Also- there will be other February's too! :)

You might have a ready buyer!

LOL
I had bought and sold my half dozen sticks back in 2010 after just a few uses.

Every shaving soap does what a shaving soap should do so I didn't see the need to keep arko around with it's boring, synthetic lemony scent.

Well hater, let me just say that now I'm living in Canberra I appreciate Autumn and Spring much more because of the Canberra Winter in between. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.