Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Shower
Razor: Karve CB (F)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (11)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Stirling Eskimo Tuxedo

I haven't used this soap in a while as I have gone off the cologne scented soaps but after going for a lunchtime run, my face needed the menthol to cool it down and the Stirling did not disappoint :cold:. Roll on the weekend :cool:

heathen would do just fine thanks :cool:

seriously though i knew you would come back with something, and i didnt mean to disappoint but this is how i see it, the wolf is where its at

My kids have no taste either. Once they grow up I’m sure that they will appreciate fine dining. :)

KarveD w/Gillette black ninja
Frank Shaving Tuxedo
PdP 63
Anherb ASB

Back to the Karve for good, I'd say.
I am finding it impossible to pick up any other razor now! When I know it's a guaranteed comfortable BBS, why use any other razor!

The Polsilver definitely cuts easier than the black ninja but I have a couple of tucks so I'll use them up but won't be buying any more.

The 63 soap smells divine. It's so intoxicating!!

20190222-094447-01.jpg

February Slant/s SOTM
IMAG0374.jpg

Brush: Omega 24mm
Razor:Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Nacet (12)
Soap: RR xXx

Another efficient, comfortable shave with the 37C. I'm starting to notice slight roughness in the blade but that could've been due to less than optimal lather...? The xXx is on it's last days but it's served me well. Absolutely love me some Festivus!!! Counting down the days but overall a fun experiment sticking to the same-ish set up with consistently satisfying shaves! Have a fantastic weekend gents :)

Have you been flipping the blade over on your 37C, since the Nacet blade reaches to twelve so far on the slant razor, I’m completely gobsmacked at the moment or have lost track of your blade count during your shaves.

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: Vulfix old original pure Badger
Soap: ARKO
Razor: Merkur 37c slant
Blade: Vintage NOS Rubie (7)
Post: The Stray Whisker Alum Block, Captains Choice Bay Rum

Used the Captains Choice Bay Rum aftershave for the first time thanks to the meetup sample box. Stung like buggery initially, and the scent was so strong it woke the mrs up from her slumber this morning. The scent brings back childhood memories....traumatic memories of getting my teeth pulled out at the dentist. Maybe I just used too much product ; will try again tomorrow.

TlpCFlJ.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7 Turquoise
Lather: Mike's Lime
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

The BBS-1 is simply the king of my castle and together with the stellar Mike's lather it was just a sublime shave.

I hope you all have a fantastic start into the weekend (y)

TlpCFlJ.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7 Turquoise
Lather: Mike's Lime
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

The BBS-1 is simply the king of my castle and together with the stellar Mike's lather it was just a sublime shave.

I hope you all have a fantastic start into the weekend (y)

You still have Mike's in a tin?

Legendary

February Slant/s SOTM
IMAG0374.jpg

Brush: Omega 24mm
Soap: RR xXx

Another efficient, comfortable shave with the 37C. I'm starting to notice slight roughness in the blade but that could've been due to less than optimal lather...? The xXx is on it's last days but it's served me well. Absolutely love me some Festivus!!! Counting down the days but overall a fun experiment sticking to the same-ish set up with consistently satisfying shaves! Have a fantastic weekend gents :)
Where is the best place to get some Nacet's? I keep hearing good things about them.

Birthday SOTD:

If you get a new razor you have to use it 😀

Rockwell 6s
Shark stainless
B&M Seville soap and splash
Yaqi Snow Leopard synth.

First shave with the brand new big boy razor Rockwell 6s = a 4 pass monster shave.

Wtg on base 1 to play it safe felt like there was no blade in the razor at all.

Kicked it up to base 3 and did a three pass shave for a DFS. At no point did I feel like I was overdoing the shave. Zero nicks or cuts. This razor just oozes reliability.

Coupled with the fantastic Seville resulted in the lowest irritation I've ever had for a 3 pass, let alone 4 pass shave.

Fantastic razor, the shaves are going to be stepped up a notch from here on.

Status
Not open for further replies.