Busy lately, even after coming back from the islands

Not picture, but at least, I post my sotd

Pre: nothing
machine: SSSeygus extrem open comb
Gillete nacet
CRV doubl band 26 fan
Sudsy Delor de treget
Chtyllon Lux Delor de treget in splash and butter

My mate from seygus is lately making a new razor head. They are very committed to make a head with two gaps, 0.5 in one side, and 0.7 in the other, with some unique curvature on both. While it sounds interesting by itself, I may be able to get a head with same gap in both sides (0.7). I really enjoy the one I have, even if it i so light (that make it funny), and I am there for the new one
cheers
Fer

MdQufdGl.jpg

The lather from the Maggards soap is about middle of the road, in my experience. The scent is nice, just a very faint menthol feel, but the soap base is lacking somehow. It could be in creaminess but this might be due to it being a sample size and even when it’s placed into an empty container, it still isn’t the same as loading from a full sized tub.

The Rex performed well, but I’m not completely in love with it, yet.

SOTD for next couple of days at my parent's in BDB (no, I wasn't brought up here - they retired here from SYD)

7Xc6Nqyl.jpg

ARKO! front and centre - I did forget aftershave this trip - which I AM noticing. The shave feels a little incomplete as a result

rKVT0LZl.jpg

Pre: Pb PSE
Soap: Pb Black Rose
Brush: Omega 10083
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Dorco ST-301 (2)
AS: Pb Max
The combination of Eclipse Red Ring and Dorco ST-301 is getting highlighted orange on my blade performance spreadsheet. This was not a winning combination unless you wanted to visit Weeperville. Not the worst of shaves but no need to go back there. Going to have to pull out a Nacet blade to remind me how good this razor can be.

Shower
Feather Artist Club DX Kamisori non-folding
Feather Pro Super blade (2)
Derby Menthol Cream
Omega 48
Proraso Green ASB

A three pass WTG DFS. After seeing a number of barbers shaving customers WTG and claiming BBS I thought I would give it another try. No dice though - it was a very comfortable and easy shave with a three day growth (this razor just rocks when there is a decent growth) but BBS is addictive and I still need ATG for that. Lesson learnt - again!

Shower
Feather Artist Club DX Kamisori non-folding
Feather Pro Super blade (2)
Derby Menthol Cream
Omega 48
Proraso Green ASB

A three pass WTG DFS. After seeing a number of barbers shaving customers WTG and claiming BBS I thought I would give it another try. No dice though - it was a very comfortable and easy shave with a three day growth (this razor just rocks when there is a decent growth) but BBS is addictive and I still need ATG for that. Lesson learnt - again!
pPQa2FV.jpg

Go and shave against the grain, because, you need it very badly!!

Icoxfek.jpg

KarveD w/Polsilver
EJ STFv1 25mm
Washpool Farm - bergamot/cedar/patchouli
Gaia ASB

I love this soap! Smells awesome and creates a very "fatty", rich lather.
It's an Aussie made soap and world class!!

I went with the EJ again but in the larger size today. Best brush ever, not much more I can say!

20190225-095929-01.jpg

Date: 25 February 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum #3
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree Oil, Lavender & Peppermint / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

:banghead: 3 more days to go for the whole month of Arko February shave. :arghh::arghh::arghh::banghead:

Last edited:
Nice shave last night. I had to go visiting and needed a quick shave so used an SE instead of my trusty Straight. Normal shave with the straight is single pass DFS yet with the SE required another pass to get the same result. Mind you it was 3 or 4 days growth. I may drag out a DE and see if I can master the vicious little weapon.

With razors like this, who needs a Wolfman...

My comments at nearly every Adelaide meet up. :)

Nice looking blade. Self honed :)

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Gillette Slim H 1 1962 (5)
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve Florian

KarveD w/Polsilver
EJ STFv1 25mm
Washpool Farm - bergamot/cedar/patchouli
Gaia ASB

I love this soap! Smells awesome and creates a very "fatty", rich lather.
It's an Aussie made soap and world class!!

I went with the EJ again but in the larger size today. Best brush ever, not much more I can say!

20190225-095929-01.jpg

Gotta agree, washpool's soap base is probably the best I've tried so far.

Jn1gmu6.jpg

M&F
Dart+Uf0
Feather
Panna Crema Nuàvia Blu
Barristers Reserve Cool

HQVqhPf.jpg

Pre: Warm Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Timeless....
Blade: Gillette Rubie....
Brush: Shavemac....
Soap: AP Reserve Lixiviant....

@todras & @fruityasu loving the SOTD pics from you two. Can see Dan has changed his style, keep them coming, great work guys! (y)

SOTD for next couple of days at my parent's in BDB (no, I wasn't brought up here - they retired here from SYD)

7Xc6Nqyl.jpg

ARKO! front and centre - I did forget aftershave this trip - which I AM noticing. The shave feels a little incomplete as a result
Time to reach for the metho or olive oil like they did in the Arko days.
Have been enjoying the Arko journeys so far.
Will be interesting to see a final summary and iconic quote from each participant together to sway or shun the Arko.

Status
Not open for further replies.